Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The poses for the GK and Cypher are both very very good without being silly like a lot of recent minis. I'm not quite so keen on Rubout, he's seems to be standing very awkwardly, but that could be the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'm going to hold off on judging Robot Gillyman until there are more pictures, but gently caress that new Cypher owns.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I'll take that Roboute over the 30k one, more dynamic.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Shout-out to the GW designer who really like strapping Meltas to Powerfists.

Give me a upgrade sprue so I don't need to hammer these Inferno pistols onto my Deathwatch termies tyia.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Is th Gathering Storm a year long once a month thing or just a lead into 8th?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Uroboros posted:

The latter, it seems. Unless some armies are going to get more than one update from it, considering AdMech, Inquisition, Sisters, Eldar and Dark Eldar and now Space Marines, Dark Angels and Grey Knights have all already got something from it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lmao those ankle torches on Guilliman.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
So that leaves Blood Angels, Chaos, Wolves. Tau, Deathwatch, Knights. Daemons, Necrons, GSC. Then it will be done.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Girlyman looks alright, Cypher actually looks pretty sweet (always bothered me he was in Post-Heresy armour with the Post-Heresy DA colours) and the GK dude looks nice in a simple way.

Wonder if DAs are getting a Fallen variant list.

Speaking of FILITHY TRAITOR SCUM, the FAQs for Alpha Legion's cultist shenanigans got another look over: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/03/traitor-legions-faq-update-for-chaos-cultists/

Hope they have a look over for the Knight trench run, or Blackshields suddenly losing a good deal of their best options in the DW book.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Cypher looks great but that roboute looks like flaming AOS garbage wow. Such a shame after Magnus.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yup, looks like the next triumvirate is Guilliman, Cypher and whoever that GK/Inquisitor dude is.

I really like that third dude's model, actually.

honestly the dude looks like Drago.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Cypher looks cool, it would have been nice if they kept the classic pose. The gk dude looks pretty boring. Gullyman could go either way, the page is bent and I dunno if it's making his proportions look weird or if it's just a awkward sculpt

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
After the Eldar box it looks like we're gonna get a lot of "(x) character, except it's not" in the same vein as Not-Bjorn in BoP, Not-Malys and Not-Arzha in FoBT, etc.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Cypher looks great but that roboute looks like flaming AOS garbage wow. Such a shame after Magnus.

Fight me!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Big Willy Style posted:

Cypher looks cool, it would have been nice if they kept the classic pose.

I genuinely prefer this one. It's got just as much motion to it, but manages to capture his mystery as well. And it's not obviously based on The Matrix lobby scene so that's a plus.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

And it's not obviously based on The Matrix lobby scene so that's a plus.

brb sculpting sunglasses onto my old Cypher.

Edit: Just noticed looking closely, Cypher's holstered gun is that Heresy-looking bolter we saw the other week.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 3, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone who likes that guilliman model has poo poo taste and deserves Age of the Emperor

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SteelMentor posted:

Edit: Just noticed looking closely, Cypher's holstered gun is that Heresy-looking bolter we saw the other week.

You're not allowed to point that out without mentioning out that I was right.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Anyone who likes that guilliman model has poo poo taste and deserves Age of the Emperor

I forget, can we emptyquote? lol those loving torches connected to the loving feet

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Cypher drawing his sword he must never draw is good and not anything to do with the end times.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Uroboros posted:

Gathering Storm itself is 3 books (Jan-March) but they'll be doing similar books in future to push the story on, likely following 8E.

Interestingly, there was a Faeit rumour posted a few hours before this WD leak that not only nailed the contents of the next Triumvirate box and book title, but said that Abaddon gets capped by Cypher's bolt pistol. Presumably setting him up to come back as a daemon prince at some point later, kinda like Archaon. . Personally I'll be astounded if Faeit actually got something accurate, but I guess when you throw that much poo poo out it's bound to stick to something sooner or later.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 3, 2017

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Skipped to the end but can I cross off "AOS", "end times", "Age of the Emperor", and "overdesigned" on my new model posted in 40k thread bingo?

Roboute and Cypher both look pretty cool.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I can't tell if Cypher is drawing the sword or reaching for his second pistol. Regardless Guilliman looks like he LIEKS CHOCO MILK.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fuegan posted:

Skipped to the end but can I cross off "AOS", "end times", "Age of the Emperor", and "overdesigned" on my new model posted in 40k thread bingo?

Roboute and Cypher both look pretty cool.

Yeah it's almost as if they keep putting out stuff with the same problems :ssh:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

One ham's "problem" is another ham's "cool model" I guess :shrug:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Rowboat looks like he has a heavy bolter attached to his powerfist which is a Primarch-y thing to do.

Cypher's sword grew three sizes like the Grinch's heart and appears to have sprouted Night Lords heraldry on the crossguard. He also looks like he's rocking a LOT of leather straps, perhaps the rift in the chapter boiled down to differing opinions on leather daddies?

I like Cypher, don't mind Rowboat, and the new GK dude looks pretty swank.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TKIY posted:

I can't tell if Cypher is drawing the sword or reaching for his second pistol.

He's reaching for that holstered pistol they teased a while back.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

Cypher drawing his sword he must never draw is good and not anything to do with the end times.

Sword is on his back dummy.

That new Guilliman, ugh. Much prefer the 30k version. This one is doing a powersquat, the sword is less detailed and now on fire 'cause that sure is a thing he's known for, the armor doesn't look roman at all and is the closest GW has ever skirted to ripping off the starcraft marine armor, random curvey filigree is just busy ostentation on a guy who literally wrote the book on how to be uniform. The lit braziers on his ankles is an idea I had for my word bearers they stole from my brains :argh:

The backpack is cool. I guess.

Cyphus is stellar, digging the old looking mark of armor and the black-with-red-bits scheme of the fallen (or is that just straight up the 30k paint scheme for dark angels?). Grey knight is, well, grey and a knight.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The braziers are part of Girlyman's base.

I hope Cypher still has the skeleton tied to his backpack.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TTerrible posted:

loving called it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

I'm going to hold off on judging Robot Gillyman until there are more pictures, but gently caress that new Cypher owns.

I like the new Cypher, but I think Guilliman looks kinda doofy. Would need to see another angle.

Though the cool part about him is that if you prefer the FW model, you can just use that.

e:

SteelMentor posted:

Speaking of FILITHY TRAITOR SCUM, the FAQs for Alpha Legion's cultist shenanigans got another look over: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/03/traitor-legions-faq-update-for-chaos-cultists/

Yay! The Alpha Legion detachment is good again! Though the fact that they made it a +1 instead of a re-roll kind of clearly shows that they had no idea what they were doing when they first wrote that rule.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 3, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I understand that not everyone agrees with me when I say the new stuff GW are putting out is overdesigned AOS style bullshit. I get that some cases are marginal and I have zero tolerance for it.

but look at that loving bullshit lmao

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

ijyt posted:

Fight me!

Anyway,
I like the model. The sword is obviously the burning blade, from the main codex. I don’t have the book, but I am pretty sure it belonged to the Emperor at one point, hence why it is on fire. It just didn’t see much use because it was a +3 Strength weapon, but I am sure in a Primarch’s hands it will hit harder, at least strength 8 at Primarch initiative. I fully expect him to far less deadly than Magnus, with some sick army-wide rules. Considering how they went with the characters so far I actually trust them to make something not to game breaking.

The Good:
- I like the way the armor looks, but I am big sucker for heavily ornamented armor. I would agree it is perhaps to form fitting, beginning to look like a Terran Marine, but the pose is more dynamic, and certainly better than his 30k version.
- Still not a huge fan of the Primarchs returning idea, but hey if the loyalists are coming back too, Ultramarine fanboy mode engage.

The Bad
- Still a little upset that didn’t take this chance to make him look significantly different from his 30k model in terms of maybe showing how badly he was hurt at the hands of Fulgrim. He didn’t have to be full ROBOT mode, but I would’ve appreciated a change.
- This would’ve been a perfect chance to make a multi-kit to show how he is supposed to be a great all-rounder, perhaps having a jump pack and bike version.
- Hate the leg braziers.

8th Edition is going to be announced at Adepticon. Plot has been moved forward in a way that changes things but still changes nothing, just as GW intended. All the other chapters get dick-punched whether the Wolves getting mauled by Magnus, Dark Angels having been under the influence of xenos for 10k years, Baal getting invaded, Iron Hands primarch still headless, and the White Scars/Raven Guard get slapped around by the Tau. What do the Ultramarines get? Just their Primarch back, and to be at the forefront of an alien/imperium alliance against the forces of Chaos.
Suck it haters! Vanilla Marines win!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Uroboros posted:

8th Edition is going to be announced at Adepticon. Plot has been moved forward in a way that changes things but still changes nothing, just as GW intended. All the other chapters get dick-punched whether the Wolves getting mauled by Magnus, Dark Angels having been under the influence of xenos for 10k years, Baal getting invaded, Iron Hands primarch still headless, and the White Scars/Raven Guard get slapped around by the Tau. What do the Ultramarines get? Just their Primarch back, and to be at the forefront of an alien/imperium alliance against the forces of Chaos.
Suck it haters! Vanilla Marines win!

everything's coming up vulkan :unsmith:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I like big dumb AoS models and I'm still iffy on Papa Smurf. I think it's because that pose looks kinda like he's riding a surfboard.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

everything's coming up vulkan :unsmith:

I am down with this too. Salamanders are my second favorite, fluff-wise.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
HAHAHAHAHHA im late to the party but holy poo poo

are you loving serious

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Uroboros posted:

Dark Angels having been under the influence of xenos for 10k years,

I used to play the ol' Dangles. Is this true?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I will definitely admit the new models have been hit or miss when it comes to posing. Cawl and Celestine were great but Greyfax and now Guilliman just look terrifically bland. I suppose we'll have to see what options Guilliman has in his kit- wasn't Magnus pretty customizable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

I will definitely admit the new models have been hit or miss when it comes to posing. Cawl and Celestine were great but Greyfax and now Guilliman just look terrifically bland. I suppose we'll have to see what options Guilliman has in his kit- wasn't Magnus pretty customizable?

He had some options. Multiple weapons and heads. Not sure about Rowboat, but he's plastic and less organic than Magnus, with clear joints that make for easy cutting and repositioning if you're into converting the model, so more convertible even if less customizable.

• Locked thread