Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
A clip of Gabrus....on Rugby!

https://vimeo.com/20214779

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tarranon posted:

can't wait to hear that death howl :D

Mostly I'm just really excited for the way HH handles it. I hope they wrap up their Howl storyline.

e: Also, really enjoyed the new IWTT. Jimmy and Gourley are a great pair, Gourley is just so nice that it flummoxes Jimmy and throws him off his game in a delightful way that also somehow enhances him at the same time.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ManoliIsFat posted:

Bannon was so surprisingly game and great.

I was able to listen today and yeah he was extremely game and funny. I have no idea how he made it through the 'Sean wearing a cow catcher and shooting flaming beanbags at targeted women' segment, much less any of the rest of the episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

That's like a different person. He needs to get into shape again.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would watch a show about Gabrus getting back in shape.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

That's actually a good idea.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

Ommmggggg thank you. I couldn't stop thinking about this after you mentioned it. He really is so likeable and comfortable in front of the camera, he'd be great hosting anything in that style.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I was able to listen today and yeah he was extremely game and funny. I have no idea how he made it through the 'Sean wearing a cow catcher and shooting flaming beanbags at targeted women' segment, much less any of the rest of the episode.
The "I wasn't firing randomly" had me lollin.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 2, 2017

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

soggybagel posted:

I've never seen a person giggle through an entire workout.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

feedmyleg posted:

I'd watch a show where he lives in a barn with a number of santas.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I saw him do his drinking show at UCB LA years ago and the guest friend was Adam Pally. Was very fun also. So whether being self destructive or getting in shape I'm all for a Gabrus show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Did anything ever happen with his Comedy Central deal? I remember hearing about that for a while but then nothing came of it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Ape of Naples posted:

That's like a different person. He needs to get into shape again.

Yeah I was gonna say that. That is like a mini-Gabrus. I wonder when they shot that?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Yeah I was gonna say that. That is like a mini-Gabrus. I wonder when they shot that?

The video was uploaded six years ago.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

GoutPatrol posted:

That's not Jon Gabrus. That's Gino the intern

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

tnimark posted:

All I know about Stitcher is that noted angry person Dave Anthony from The Dollop is angry at it.

I think Stitcher was basically being a podcast app like any other, but were inserting their own ads into podcasts and not giving any of the revenue to the podcasts they were offering through their app, and also they weren't asking podcasts if they were willing to be offered through their app etc. but IDK it was a while ago and my brain forgets stuff

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Stitcher is like Hulu for podcasts.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

The Berzerker posted:

I think Stitcher was basically being a podcast app like any other, but were inserting their own ads into podcasts and not giving any of the revenue to the podcasts they were offering through their app, and also they weren't asking podcasts if they were willing to be offered through their app etc. but IDK it was a while ago and my brain forgets stuff

Exactly that. Bill Burr had some kind of Stitcher mini-feud that involved Redban at JRE, and I thought all the podcasters had a pretty good case against Stitcher. Sounds like what Stitcher is doing with Howl is a formal, above-board arrangement, but they sound like they have a jerkass track record.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I would definitely listen to a full episode of Engineer Sam trying to explain "round time" to Hayes and Sean.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm buying snoutonnieres.com and none of you are allowed to stop me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Tatumje posted:

Stitcher is like Hulu for podcasts.

Which one is the Uber for podcasts?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems that hollywood handbook is no longer a horny girl wolf production

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They always vary what end-tag they use. I like to imagine it's dependent on if the boss is walking past when Brett's putting it all together or not.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Sam described the round time watches backwards too. Which was funny. SHORT HAND IS HOURS!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

soggybagel posted:

Sam described the round time watches backwards too. Which was funny. SHORT HAND IS HOURS!

well he said "big hand" which could just be because the hour hand is almost universally wider than the minute hand, but then again this is an engineer we're talking about

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Julie Klausner is pretty good at playing the HH "game". But I wonder who the consensus is for the best?

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Julie Klausner is pretty good at playing the HH "game". But I wonder who the consensus is for the best?

Dave Thomas

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

SpaceParrot posted:

Dave Thomas

oh man is this ever correct

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I still go back to the Dave Thomas and Sinbad episodes sometimes

feedmyleg posted:

Pauly Shore

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

oh man is this ever correct

No condoms, baby.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

The Hollywood Handbook guys frequently use an expression that sounds like "Stomp down" or "Stop down". Has anyone ever heard this phrase before? A google search yields absolutely nothing--it's like they invented it out of thin air.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Stamp down? That is a turn of phrase.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tacier posted:

The Hollywood Handbook guys frequently use an expression that sounds like "Stomp down" or "Stop down". Has anyone ever heard this phrase before? A google search yields absolutely nothing--it's like they invented it out of thin air.

I always thought it was "Pod down," to indicate to the engineer they want a mic cut

I don't know why it would be Pod, I am not an engineer

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

I don't know why it would be Pod, I am not an engineer
The real term is "pot down". It's a radio/recording term. The sliders/knobs on a mixing board are what are known in electronics as a "potentiometer". I can't tell if they're making a "podcast" pun, or are actually saying "pot"

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Do you have an example of the phrase? Like an episode plus a time stamp? Sounds like it could be "pot it down" like others suggested, but it might also be something completely different.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never heard the term on HH but as a recording engineer, "pot" down could be plausible. But any real volume control of importance would be assigned to a fader which is still a pot but usually "pot" refers to a knob. Why? Dunno. If some one yelled at me "turn his pot down" I'd probably, instinctually reach for his monitor level on his send to the yeller's headphone/monitor. But it depends on the circumstance. Context clues etc.

Also, I am late in the day drunk. But still kinda know what I'm talking about.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Magic Tavern is the only ear wolf show that is rivaling HH

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is magic tavern behind the paywall with everything else? I just assumed but I guess I should ask before I forget about it forever.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Stamp down? That is a turn of phrase.

This must be it. It makes sense in the context they tend to use it. I swear they pronounce it "stomp" though. Thanks.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

"tamp down" is also a phrase.

(this has to be the worst conversation we've ever had in here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can someone give a timestamp of them saying it because I have no idea what people are talking about and now I wanna hear