Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kytte
Jun 10, 2016

-Finally breaks my silence on this thread-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Anyone on for an invite? @Effluence

rio
Mar 20, 2008

This might be old news to you all but I just unparked my CPU and got a huge fps increase. In really busy areas with a lot to render I was getting only around 25 fps and I knew my computer should be doing better than that based on the specs. Now it is around 55 fps in those same areas.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I just picked this up and so I'm new to the game and new to MMO's in general (only dabbled in LotRO and SW:TOR). I'm looking at http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/greatsword-comparison-tier-10/ and it shows Tier 1 and 10 weapons; what are weapon tiers? I get materials, and styles, but how do you get or increase the "tier" of a weapon?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Each material creates a window of equipment. So the levels of a crafting skill spread 160 "levels" of character progression into ten tiers of crafting proficiency.

Some of the motifs actually change in texture as you go up.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you need the Gold Edition, here it is for $21, just used it myself
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 2, 2017

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I know a lot of you are moving away from ESO+ so if you need the Gold Edition, here it is for $21, just used it myself
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/

Note this doesn't include Shadows of the Hist, which may actually be considered a benefit.

Are people moving away from ESO+ because gamesdeal ran out of time cards?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
I still like plus for the crafting bag, and the level experience and crafting inspiration boosts. I play virtual paper dolls enough with my toons to have a use for the crowns as well.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
It looks like I got 500 crowns with my account. Is there anything in specific I should spend them on or can I just go ahead and buy some dumb hairstyle?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

boho posted:

Note this doesn't include Shadows of the Hist, which may actually be considered a benefit.

Are people moving away from ESO+ because gamesdeal ran out of time cards?

If and when Gamesdeal gets those 3000 crown+ESO Plus cards again, I'll move back but for $20 to own everything except Shadows of the Hist. You can still get 3000 crowns for $17-$18 so I'll probably get the dungeon DLC soon.

Some people are moving away from ESO+ because they're mad about Morrowind not being included, I just see it as a benefit to always own the major DLCs because I don't want to have to pay $15 to access content.

Here's the cheapest crown deal I can find atm
http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-3000-crown-pack-pc-mac.html

quote:

Warning! Only one kind of this product may be activated on each account once every two weeks (14 days). For example, activation of The Elder Scrolls Online - 750 Crown Pack will prohibit you from activating ANY OTHER amount of Crown pack for 14 days. This product is not compatible with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited activated on Steam or Xbox.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 3, 2017

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
That deal says it doesn't work with the Steam version of the game - anyone tried it out?

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 4, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Luchadork posted:

It looks like I got 500 crowns with my account. Is there anything in specific I should spend them on or can I just go ahead and buy some dumb hairstyle?

I put those toward the Adventurer's Pack, which lets you do any race with any alliance. Since the One Tamriel update though, this ultimately doesn't really matter except for PVP.

Just don't spend crowns on anything you can get in-game, like bag/bank upgrades, motifs that aren't crown store exclusives, or vampire/werewolf.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

GrayDorian posted:

That deal says it doesn't work with the Steam version of the game - anyone tried it out?

Part of me believes that the notice is there so people don't buy it trying to activate it as a Steam key... But the other part of me says that if it worked as a redeemable ESO account code, they could just include instructions on how to activate it. Honestly I don't know what to believe.

They also said that I wouldn't be able to upgrade my ESO account to ESO Gold.

Also I'm not sure if I'm too excited about Warden anymore
https://translate.google.com/transl...%2C3308856.html

quote:

Like all heroes from ESO, the Warden also has three skills trees, each of which is a very different aspect of the character. As a nature magician, he is a healer , an animal sorcerer a strong damage distributor and an ice wizard a tank . In the following paragraphs we explain the individual skill trees of the Wardens. Our information is based on a studio visit at ZeniMax. The German names of the skills were unfortunately not yet known at this time and until the release can change one or the other of the skills.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 3, 2017

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I know people shy away from Deltias here, but I'm following a stamblade leveling guide because I was getting clobbered and dying all the time from here http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

Quick question - why does he suggest putting stuff like rending slash on your bow bar (and arrow spray on the dual weild)? I was under the impression that you can't use it unless you have the appropriate weapon. Is it just to level up the skill?

If this a poo poo build for leveling I'd be happy to hear another one because I wasn't doing a great job picking poo poo myself evidently!

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Reason is so that that skill (and I am pretty sure the skill line as well) levels while you are on your main DPS bar. For example, i created a magdk a week ago, not really doing any hardcore leveling on it yet, but right at the start I through on a white lvl 3 inferno staff and bought the first destruction staff skill at lvl 4. Threw on a training resto at lvl 4 and just collected sky shards. I bought the first resto ability as soon as i could, and then went back to an infero leaving 1 each of the three class skills, 1 destro, and one resto on my bar to level all 5 lines. Pretty much the samw formula I follow for all new toons. once you unlock bar swap, load up your back bar with skills you are trying to level and make sure you are on that bar when you turn in quests.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

If you want to DW, you have to use Flurry, as that's your main weave attack by far, and you have to take the Bloodthirst morph. That's your heal.

Stamblade is already the squishiest thing in the game, not to have a spammable heal attack is craycray.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Part of me believes that the notice is there so people don't buy it trying to activate it as a Steam key... But the other part of me says that if it worked as a redeemable ESO account code, they could just include instructions on how to activate it. Honestly I don't know what to believe.

Jesus gently caress at least let it come to beta before whining.

Also Deltia guides are still garbage and to be avoided. HTH

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Cool. I usually stay away from new classes MMOs until they become a little less flavor of the month, but this warden sounds right up my alley. I can be a badass sub-zero tank a healer, and to top it off have the animal line to solo and level.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Any fun mage builds? I tried looking at some online guides and they look like they haven't been updated in a while. I'm only level 6.

I'll grab my account name when I'm home, I'd like in the guild again.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Azubah posted:

Any fun mage builds? I tried looking at some online guides and they look like they haven't been updated in a while. I'm only level 6.

I'll grab my account name when I'm home, I'd like in the guild again.

mage...?

You mean like a magicka guy? There's magicka guides for all classes, this guy makes pretty good guides: http://alcasthq.com

Check the second post (in this thread) for leveling tips, basically you want to level all skill lines by putting a skill from each on your bar, once you can weapon swap, your primary bar will be damage and secondary you will flip to when you turn in quests and that will be your skill leveling bar.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Aramek posted:

If you want to DW, you have to use Flurry, as that's your main weave attack by far, and you have to take the Bloodthirst morph. That's your heal.

Stamblade is already the squishiest thing in the game, not to have a spammable heal attack is craycray.

Perfect, thank you! I had morphed over that very early on I think and didn't realize the value of the heal for the class.

Are there any general considerations for the easiest DPS spec/class? I'm not too interested in keeping buffs up or setting up combos if I can avoid it. I played feral in WoW and just don't really care for the mania anymore.

If all of the classes are pretty manic for DPS that's fine, I'd just rather avoid if it I can.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Mr Newsman posted:

Perfect, thank you! I had morphed over that very early on I think and didn't realize the value of the heal for the class.

Are there any general considerations for the easiest DPS spec/class? I'm not too interested in keeping buffs up or setting up combos if I can avoid it. I played feral in WoW and just don't really care for the mania anymore.

If all of the classes are pretty manic for DPS that's fine, I'd just rather avoid if it I can.

You are not going ot get away with being lazy, but you also don't have to be omgcrazybuttonpusher.

Take my stamsorc..

bar 1: dw stuff
bar 2: bow and buffs

I open with bow and cast 2 buffs, 1 lasts 15 secs another lasts 30 (and I reapply as soon as they fall), I also shoot a poison arrow which lasts around 10 seconds and an AOE lasts slightly longer. I then swap to DW and apply a dot and then go nutts with a spender until the poison arrow drops and then I swap, reapply that and AOE and the 15second buff, switch back, repeat.

I think most classes are fairly similar, you have some dots you apply, a buff or two and then you dump mag/stam on a single skill until stuff starts wearing off and then repeat the cycle.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

If you want good and easy, Magplar, no question. I'm just worried if too many people find out how good and easy it is, it'll get nerfed to the ground. :v:

Second post has some links to a few starter guides in this thread.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Gotcha, alrighty.

I was considering trying out another class. I'm at 37 or something with my stamblade and feel very squishy. Probably have some bad gear choices, but I absolutely believe it when people say they're squishy. I'm assuredly terrible as well so that doesn't help.

I'll probably get to 50 and roll an alt then. Will def be trying out a magika based build next.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hit me up when you see me online, I'll make you a new outfit. That'll go a long way as well.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

I know people shy away from Deltias here, but I'm following a stamblade leveling guide because I was getting clobbered and dying all the time from here http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

Quick question - why does he suggest putting stuff like rending slash on your bow bar (and arrow spray on the dual weild)? I was under the impression that you can't use it unless you have the appropriate weapon. Is it just to level up the skill?

If this a poo poo build for leveling I'd be happy to hear another one because I wasn't doing a great job picking poo poo myself evidently!

Just use the magblade build in this thread. Leveling with it was a breeze.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post465376171

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

MF_James posted:

mage...?

You mean like a magicka guy? There's magicka guides for all classes, this guy makes pretty good guides: http://alcasthq.com

Sorry, I meant sorcerer. Thanks for the resource.

Natenater
Apr 28, 2009
I wouldn't mind an invite to the guild, thanks.

@Natenater

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Invite please.

@Lysandus

Also a question. Is there a dungeon finder like WoW has where it ports you to the dungeon when your group is ready?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Lysandus posted:

Invite please.

@Lysandus

Also a question. Is there a dungeon finder like WoW has where it ports you to the dungeon when your group is ready?

Yes, dungeon finder queues can suck because there will either be no tanks queued or no healers and tons of DPS queued. If you form a group manually you can use the finder to TP to the dungeons or just TP manually once you've "discovered" them aka been there.

Azubah posted:

Sorry, I meant sorcerer. Thanks for the resource.

stam or magicka?

I haven't played a magsorc, but I play a stamsorc 90% of the time and it's loving fun, in every other MMO I've avoided melee dps, but it's a lot more fun in this game. just as an fyi.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just in case anyone is getting the digital editions instead, 10% off all digital ESO Morrowind expansion packs (including upgrade/digital upgrade)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/titl...rollsTitles_CTA

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I'll take a guild invite too, if possible. I need guidance. @luchadork

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
If could get an invite to it would be great @Pigbottom. thanks

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

This game is pretty cool. Can I get a guild invite? @Tsar.Mikey

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Would appreciate a guild invite here too, @Bagpuss_UK

Almost poo poo myself today, was trying to delete an unwanted character but it looked like the game wasn't responding after I typed the DELETE confirmation, so I tried it again... then watched as it deleted two characters in a row, the second being my main crafter with all maxed professions and a shitload of researched traits :eek:

I fired a support ticket off and luckily had the character restored a couple of hours later :sweatdrop:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've confirmed that we'll have armor styles based on the Great Houses for Morrowind. The one in the screenshots is Hlaalu.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
i really need to get back into this before/when morrowind comes out. overwatch has consumed my life since october...

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Invite to @futonforensic, muthsera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Scyantific posted:

They've confirmed that we'll have armor styles based on the Great Houses for Morrowind. The one in the screenshots is Hlaalu.

Telvanni Robes....

:getin: