Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
Finally got to see Kimi No Na Wa and it was the best movie/anime I've seen in a couple years, definitely a 10/10. Overall just a very gorgeous movie to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Verizian posted:

Funniest thing about the boobstring craze, there was a month long shortage of ribbons in Manchester, at least 5 stores in Afflecks Palace selling lengths of ribbon for like £3 per 10cm with Hestia's face everywhere on cheaply printed signs. The pole dancing school round the corner advertising Hestia dance lessons, and the assistant manager of my bank walking in one day wearing one with her suit jacket slung over one shoulder.

That's several things but they all add together into a giant ball of wtf.

How do I move to anime town, where you live?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Manchester is not anime town, trust me in this.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kuzu no Honkai keeps managing to be the most genuine show I've seen in a while while also managing to be the most perfectly melodramatic one.

I like it, and I hope it maintains this level of quality.

e: Catching up on ep 4 now and gosh darnit, is no one in this show in a healthy relationship?

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 3, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healthy relationships aren't really the point of it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Healthy relationships aren't really the point of it

Oh, I know, I'm just. No one is safe from the drama.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it, just, ahaha, wasn't expecting that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

studio trigger is thinking of setting up a patreon

im not a fan of this development

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
If the extra resources are to be distributed between employees (aka animators and core personnel) and not help funding projects i'm all for it. Those who works in the animation industry are underpaid as hell...is this helps even a little i don't see the harm.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Considering how much most studios rely on freelance animators who aren't technically their employees, I'm skeptical of whether that idea would actually help those in the industry who are suffering with the poorest pay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill pledge to the patreon if i can fire whoever thought the ragyo scenes in kill la kill were a good idea

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

for $5000 a month you can request one (1) prank be played on imaishi

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Endorph posted:

ill pledge to the patreon if i can fire whoever thought the ragyo scenes in kill la kill were a good idea

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

studio trigger is thinking of setting up a patreon

im not a fan of this development

only cause like a billion people in the threads ask him to

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Man, I didn't expect to actually be drawn in by Fuuka. I'm not really good at "reviewing" series, but I've been caught by its charm. I'm curious to see where the series goes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it definitely goes down some roads

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
I checked Scum's Wish and man, what a hard show to watch. Does it get at least a bit better in terms of suffering as it goes on? Does anyone get their poo poo together?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I checked Scum's Wish and man, what a hard show to watch. Does it get at least a bit better in terms of suffering as it goes on? Does anyone get their poo poo together?

Everyone in Scum's Wish is the worst possible human that they could be.

It's great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Personal_Nirvana posted:

I haven't read the manga, but the minute the teacher turned out to be absolute scum, well. No. At this point I hope everyone simply survives to the finale, whatever it turns out to be.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

chumbler posted:

I can't believe the Sakura series on steam has gotten successful enough to get an anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rt2avRZvBs

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
To be fair, there's two people in Scum's Wish that seem pretty alright and not awful. Simply just a wonderful show with that teacher reveal holy poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure the guy teacher and childhood friend will turn out to be awful too

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I like all the hosed up characters in Scum's Wish and hope they fine happiness.......this isn't going to turn out good for anyone is it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it ends up like the last episode of School Days, but everyone

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i dont think over half the cast can get pregnant

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Science has come a long way since 2005.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Finally Saekano S2 next season.

On a completely unrelated note: Am I likely to enjoy the amagamissplusplus anime if I like Seiren?

Ordinarily, I'd go for the VN, but there's no translation available.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its better cause the mc isn't a little bitch that doesn't even get the girl

plus is the second season tho

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope it ends up like the last episode of School Days, but everyone

:stonk:

I haven't watched any of Kuzu no Honkai yet but no one deserves that.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

On a completely unrelated note: Am I likely to enjoy the amagamissplusplus anime if I like Seiren?

Yeah if you like Seiren Amagami is basically a better version.

Kytrarewn posted:

Ordinarily, I'd go for the VN, but there's no translation available.

Which is a shame, I think it's super good and I don't even like VNs as a medium.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i still havent finished the first seiren arc but it cant be worse then rihoko's in amagami

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i hope tsugumomo is animated good

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Second arc of Seiren looks better than the first so far.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

i still havent finished the first seiren arc but it cant be worse then rihoko's in amagami

its worse

RME
Feb 20, 2012

post the girl he hosed up getting

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RME
Feb 20, 2012

he hosed up

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I had no internet for the first month of this season and want to catch up. Aside from Little Witch Academia (which I love already) what shows are worth checking out now that they've had 4-5 episodes?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Homura and Sickle posted:

I had no internet for the first month of this season and want to catch up. Aside from Little Witch Academia (which I love already) what shows are worth checking out now that they've had 4-5 episodes?

Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon has been very warm and fuzzy, Gabriel Dropout has been cute and funny.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Demi-chan, konosuba if you liked s1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ACCA is my pick of the season. Cool political stuff contrasted with chill SoL eating, with an awesome OP & ED.

• Locked thread