Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I doubt anyone was investing in the UFC with a short sale in mind. Short of catastrophe, they are the NFL of their sport and will continue on an upwards trajectory over the next 10+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Keep in mind, the UFC also has to pay taxes.

Yeah... I bet they do.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Susie van Orman wants to raise those taxes.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

mike goldberg was compensated with corn nuts and monster energy drink

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

mike goldberg was compensated with corn nuts and monster energy drink

They just let him have ten minutes an event with Dana's sabertooth skull covered in cocaine.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:
:kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

:zpatriot:

TKZ is fighting guys.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Detroit_Dogg posted:

God I hope we get a great Conan thing out of this

Agreed. There was this new video of him in his Conor champion jacket which makes me think he is a fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOU5Dnao-zM

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Another FB memories gem

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

:kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

:zpatriot:

TKZ is fighting guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd1GdXkxHzk&t=72s

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im afraid TKZ is gonna look bad, hes had a really long layoff and his game was always pretty attribute based, he hit hard and had good timing and had a good chin but was pretty wild, that type of guy can really fall off after a long break. Plus Bermudez has looked good lately and is really solid everywhere. I have to think TKZ asked for a hard comeback fight cause they easily could have given him someone less good than Bermudez

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I probably have a chance to show one fight to by TKZ to my Dad to get him hyped. Would you guys go with Zombie/Garcia?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log posted:

I probably have a chance to show one fight to by TKZ to my Dad to get him hyped. Would you guys go with Zombie/Garcia?

The Poirier fight

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Show him both Garcia fights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

Im afraid TKZ is gonna look bad, hes had a really long layoff and his game was always pretty attribute based, he hit hard and had good timing and had a good chin but was pretty wild, that type of guy can really fall off after a long break. Plus Bermudez has looked good lately and is really solid everywhere. I have to think TKZ asked for a hard comeback fight cause they easily could have given him someone less good than Bermudez

i think really highly of bermudez but he has a knack for losing fights he was winning comfortably. i think he's going to win and tkz is going to look like a guy who had a desk job for 2 years.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/ovince-saint-preuxs-coach-and-conor-mcgregor-helping-inspire-new-mental-outlook-at-ufc-fight-night-104

Some nondescript fighter posted:

“He’s never fought Ovince Saint Preux before,” he said. “I don’t care who you are, regardless if I get beat, if you fight Ovince Saint Preux, you’re going to remember me."

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Susie van Orman wants to raise those taxes.

They can write the interest payments of their debt off their taxes which is probably one reason they chose that financing

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I forgot there was a card this weekend, and will be celebrating my girlfriend's birthday tonight and her grandma's birthday tomorrow, so if someone wants to make a GDT then go hog wild.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

manyak posted:

There was a few fighters recently who actually looked really good after an extended layoff, like Cruz and Zingano. With TKZ, he's had the chance to rehab the many, many injuries he had.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
another thing to consider is that since tkz went on sabbatical featherweight has turned into a loving shark tank. my concern is that even if tkz comes back as good as when he left, he'd maybe be a top 15 guy at this point.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah I'm curious about how he looks coming back, it's not like he was contemplating retirement the whole time but I have zero idea if he was doing anything MMA related in his time off defending Dokdo

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'm going to put some money on Bermudez to ensure a zombie victory.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

another thing to consider is that since tkz went on sabbatical featherweight has turned into a loving shark tank. my concern is that even if tkz comes back as good as when he left, he'd maybe be a top 15 guy at this point.

Dennis Bermudez was in the middle of really long win streak the last time TKZ fought, now he's on a two fight win streak over a cool old man and a bad brazilian fighter. Right before that, he was finished brutally twice in a row. If featherweight has turned into a shark tank, I don't think Dennis is a symptom of that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Bermudez is a perfect fight for him to come back to, at a pretty optimal time in Berm's career too. It's the kind of fight he can win if he's still the Poirier zombie and maybe lose if he wants to turn it into a hannah barbera tornado of violence.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Dennis Bermudez was in the middle of really long win streak the last time TKZ fought, now he's on a two fight win streak over a cool old man and a bad brazilian fighter. Right before that, he was finished brutally twice in a row. If featherweight has turned into a shark tank, I don't think Dennis is a symptom of that.

errr, yeah. that's what i was saying. when tkz left, dennis was a loving beast (relative to the division). now he's struggling to fit in the top 10, and i actually think tkz will lose to him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

I think this is very true but I do think he was starting to look far more technical and composed around the time of the Aldo fight than he did in his early fights. I'd say his service came at the worst possible time but i don't think there's a good time in any fighter's career to lose two plus years like that (realistically three).

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
On the other hand it is good he hasn't spent the last two years getting injured in fights and in preparation for them.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
As a Houston resident, I am quite taken aback by the heavy influx of people to my city this weekend for the big event. I never guessed The Korean Zombie was so popular.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

El Roncho posted:

As a Houston resident, I am quite taken aback by the heavy influx of people to my city this weekend for the big event. I never guessed The Korean Zombie was so popular.

Surely there can't be any other big events in Houston this weekend.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Captain Log posted:

Whatever you show him, you'll probably have time to also show him the Hominick fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Go vote in the 2016 MMA awards thread

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
http://streamable.com/yhaku

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

Im not concerned about that because Aldo is still the best and TKZ was very competitive. Not fighting for two years is bad but he was good

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

this is why he is in charge

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

thank god

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ryan bader is a boring person but he's a legit top 5 LHW and should win the bellator belt

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I needed that laugh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

imagine your marquee fighters in a division beating bader, davis and tito and no one knows for sure who the best might be.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

tesilential posted:

Ryan bader is a boring person but he's a legit top 5 LHW and should win the bellator belt

Bader beat Phil Davis when they fought and I am certain I watched the fight. I don't remember a single thing about it. I count myself lucky for it. If Bader wins the Bellator LHW belt I'll probably watch it, but I'm going to make an early prediction that I won't remember a single goddamn thing about that rematch, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

• Locked thread