Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My girlfriend got me an early Valentine's Day gift of Dark Souls 3, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, World of Final Fantasy and MGS5 for PS4. So that's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

My girlfriend got me an early Valentine's Day gift of Dark Souls 3, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, World of Final Fantasy and MGS5 for PS4. So that's pretty cool.

Is that code for I don't want to see you in the next few months?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

She's a keeper.

Now you better pony up and do something awesome for her or you gonna be in the dog house.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm not letting them anywhere near my house

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Valentine's Day is a made up holiday created by video game companies to trick sheeple into spending money

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

She's a keeper.

Now you better pony up and do something awesome for her or you gonna be in the dog house.

Pretty hosed up of her to load him up with awesome games only to want to spend time with him. She might as well decide she wants a threesome, but only with her fat friend who smells kinda funky.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of old games: back on the gba I had some jrpg/zelda mix game where you'd get elemental magic to keep progressing theough the map, like you'd get plant magic and could make vines grow into ladders, and use fire to melt ice in the way, etc. it was he 2nd in the series, did they ever make more? Like one for the ds?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
As a single person, I have this to say about Valentine's Day -

- it's good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I like all of the Mario and Donkey Kong games that are basically exclusive to Nintendo systems. I actually even prefer them to shooters and D&D derivative games, but that may be entirely bc of happy memories of my older brothers teaching me those kinds of games

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

A Man and his dog posted:

Everyone pretty much grew up with this image:

:corsair:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Skyward Sword was really good except for the fact you had to flail your loving arms around. One day it will get the Wind Waker treatment where people will realize it was Good, Actually

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

This. I can still picture blowing into it, spinning it in the air, then fingering it back and forth until it worked...

...the cartridge you sick people!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Video games are terrible. I lost the last week playing Yakuza 0 and have nothing to show for it.

I did make a chicken the real estate manager of a brothel though so I guess it was worth it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I like all of the Mario and Donkey Kong games that are basically exclusive to Nintendo systems. I actually even prefer them to shooters and D&D derivative games, but that may be entirely bc of happy memories of my older brothers teaching me those kinds of games

Donkey Kong 64 can go gently caress right off though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Ninja Gaiden and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES can piss off...

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
When matured into adulthood, my love of video games died. It sucks because I miss them. Now whenever I play a new game/system, I feel no joy. I finally experienced VR and that was cool.

Still kept my love of football and musicals, though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I pretty much went cold turkey on video games for a few years in my early twenties, but now I'm 30 and married and don't like to go out anymore so the gamer is back baby!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh also, if you spend like $60, you can buy a small computer and make your own emulation station, I recently discovered

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

When matured into adulthood, my love of video games died. It sucks because I miss them. Now whenever I play a new game/system, I feel no joy. I finally experienced VR and that was cool.

I started a new madden franchise and now the Tony Romo led Bears have left Chicago. Sacramento Condors, motherfucker. :birddrugs:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Probably Magic posted:

As a single person, I have this to say about Valentine's Day -

- it's good.

As an engaged dude, gently caress lilly pulitzer

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I experienced enough video game that everything is basically something I've already played and the joy is gone.

Back at Christmas, all three of my nephews asked for a different racing game of some sort and, as I stood in line at the Gamestop, I realized I held $180 worth of "drive car" in my hands. There was no functional difference between the three games.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fsif posted:

Oh also, if you spend like $60, you can buy a small computer and make your own emulation station, I recently discovered

I got my sister a RaspberryPi for Xmas which is essentially this. She seemed to like it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

fsif posted:

Skyward Sword was really good except for the fact you had to flail your loving arms around. One day it will get the Wind Waker treatment where people will realize it was Good, Actually

Nah, because it was built on a stupid motion combat system that will prevent it from being meaningfully ported to future consoles and also the combat system sucks because it basically boils down to "Swing sword in particular direction" to beat every single enemy and puzzle in the game, and on top of that the input method is not 100% reliable (unlike pressing a button) so sometimes it won't even do what you need it to do.

Fi is the most annoying zelda companion in history, the sky is an empty joke, the game makes you replay the same areas over again with slightly different variations, it also does this with two bosses, one of those might be one of the worst bosses in zelda history (The imprisoned). Most of the dungeons are forgettable. Collecting upgrade items forces you into a menu every time you start the game back up. The art was a good idea but in practice on the Wii's hardware honestly just makes it look blurry most of the time instead of the impressionistic look they wanted.

SS has some great stuff in it but it's too flawed to ever be great as a whole.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
"How can we make a more annoying version of Navi?"

Skyward Sword is born

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Sash! posted:

I experienced enough video game that everything is basically something I've already played and the joy is gone.

Back at Christmas, all three of my nephews asked for a different racing game of some sort and, as I stood in line at the Gamestop, I realized I held $180 worth of "drive car" in my hands. There was no functional difference between the three games.
This is how I feel and it makes me feel very old. How many soldier shooting games do you need?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

in the sense that there's no functional difference between american football, rugby and aussie rules, sure i guess

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
At 34 I finally feel out of touch. I have a lot of late teen early twenties staff I supervise and they tried to teach me some new slang despite my protests I didn't want to be that guy who tries too hard to keep up with youth culture to stave off feeling old. In the process of trying to incorrectly use the phrase "that's so extra" to annoy them I used it accidently correctly. They were all fine with my usage and said I should keep using it. I have never felt so old.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'm finally playing through the Mass Effect series. They're okay I guess.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Nah, because it was built on a stupid motion combat system that will prevent it from being meaningfully ported to future consoles and also the combat system sucks because it basically boils down to "Swing sword in particular direction" to beat every single enemy and puzzle in the game, and on top of that the input method is not 100% reliable (unlike pressing a button) so sometimes it won't even do what you need it to do.

Fi is the most annoying zelda companion in history, the sky is an empty joke, the game makes you replay the same areas over again with slightly different variations, it also does this with two bosses, one of those might be one of the worst bosses in zelda history (The imprisoned). Most of the dungeons are forgettable. Collecting upgrade items forces you into a menu every time you start the game back up. The art was a good idea but in practice on the Wii's hardware honestly just makes it look blurry most of the time instead of the impressionistic look they wanted.

SS has some great stuff in it but it's too flawed to ever be great as a whole.

The motion controls definitely force it a tier beneath the others, but I loved the characters and items and dungeons, which is like 70% of a Zelda game. I liked its art and flying around, too.

I hope one day down the line they release a version you can play with a normal controller.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Nintendo hasn't put out anything really good in the last ten years

Splatoons okay

People who call themselves Nintendo fan boys arent people
They remain the best video game maker by miles and miles

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

At 34 I finally feel out of touch. I have a lot of late teen early twenties staff I supervise and they tried to teach me some new slang despite my protests I didn't want to be that guy who tries too hard to keep up with youth culture to stave off feeling old. In the process of trying to incorrectly use the phrase "that's so extra" to annoy them I used it accidently correctly. They were all fine with my usage and said I should keep using it. I have never felt so old.

"That's so extra"? That's awful. A terrible phrase. I long for the naiveté of pre-911 America, where "the bomb" was hip.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

got any sevens posted:

Speaking of old games: back on the gba I had some jrpg/zelda mix game where you'd get elemental magic to keep progressing theough the map, like you'd get plant magic and could make vines grow into ladders, and use fire to melt ice in the way, etc. it was he 2nd in the series, did they ever make more? Like one for the ds?

I think you're remembering Golden Sun (or rather its sequel).
http://lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun:_The_Lost_Age

It did eventually get a DS sequel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Sun:_Dark_Dawn

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Ninja Gaiden and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES can piss off...

trigger warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGja0hZhOQ

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

"That's so extra"? That's awful. A terrible phrase. I long for the naiveté of pre-911 America, where "the bomb" was hip.

Always the right choice.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If you haven't beaten Battletoads without cheating, I don't even want to talk to you

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ sup elite gamer buddy :hfive:

OMG that level! That's exactly what I was referencing. Super screw whoever came up with that BS

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I have diarrhea

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

seiferguy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXHRSRQZvU

Ahem. This hit loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The best vidyagame ever made is Illbleed on the Dreamcast anyway.

• Locked thread