Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Way back, when limited Alpha slots were a thing, one of the stretch goals was an increase in Alpha slots (read: don't want to stop new money coming in), and the reason was they were going to use the increase in funding to implement more servers including one in Australia.

There were lots of Australian backers that pledged or increased their existing stake because of this, since we are a long way from anywhere and have notoriously bad latency in games. An online game with Australian servers is a rare thing indeed.

However, when they did add server expansion, our 'Australian server' ended up being located in Singapore, and many backers were really pissed off with this.

Quite a few of the refunded Aussies have used a breaking of this promise as justification under Australian Consumer Law for a refund, since is is a clear documented promise that CIG made and had already delivered in a manner contrary to the promise.

I wonder if this new Australian server is implemented as a means to push back against Australians refunding on this basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

D_Smart posted:

It's probably bollocks. That sort of money requires SEC paperwork and all that.

Plus Shitizens lie. Like a LOT.

If it's not an "investment" but merely purchases of jpegs over several years totalling $1M+, surely there wouldn't be any reason for the SEC to care.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Re
Fund

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

It's probably bollocks. That sort of money requires SEC paperwork and all that.

Plus Shitizens lie. Like a LOT.

Of course.

I'd just enjoy a story on how "structuring" was dragged into this shitheap of funding to avoid things on both sides of the equation.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

radd posted:

Way back, when limited Alpha slots were a thing, one of the stretch goals was an increase in Alpha slots (read: don't want to stop new money coming in), and the reason was they were going to use the increase in funding to implement more servers including one in Australia.

There were lots of Australian backers that pledged or increased their existing stake because of this, since we are a long way from anywhere and have notoriously bad latency in games. An online game with Australian servers is a rare thing indeed.

However, when they did add server expansion, our 'Australian server' ended up being located in Singapore, and many backers were really pissed off with this.

Quite a few of the refunded Aussies have used a breaking of this promise as justification under Australian Consumer Law for a refund, since is is a clear documented promise that CIG made and had already delivered in a manner contrary to the promise.

I wonder if this new Australian server is implemented as a means to push back against Australians refunding on this basis.

No. It has no bearing on refunds in Australia.

boviscopophobic posted:

If it's not an "investment" but merely purchases of jpegs over several years totalling $1M+, surely there wouldn't be any reason for the SEC to care.

RIght. That.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

boviscopophobic posted:

Hey man, those 66.666 completionist packages will be worth billions in a few years once people start craving all the vintage model ships that all the cool players have, but can't handle the grind. :smug:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I've also invested a million into this.

A million rofls. I don't know what that is in lols, the exchange rate is all hosed up because of Brexit, but it's a lot.

loving plebs.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:bisonyes:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Fain80 posted:

So the weekly newsletter came out and....

Not a lot happened this week but Croberts will be jetsettig throughout Europe.

Oh and they are launching regional servers to the confusion of many people who were led to believe that the game would all be on a single server and everyone would have an epic ping to everyone no matter where in the world people were because Croberts can now transmit data faster than anything. Ever. It's tremendous.

You know what I really enjoy? Getting the Elite newsletter on the same day as the SC one, and comparing the two.

One of them contains actual news of actual development and things people can actually do and play. The other is hot air from a failed car sales man. It's really quite astonishing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/827620318504185856
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/827647537783926787

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

his nibs posted:

unless there's a rage wank at the end of it

Rage wanks are best wanks.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Derek can I hang out in your game room for like a week and relive my teenage years, man those games are bringing back a nostalgia binge, awesome collection.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

i see a game called Modem Wars in those images. I don't know what it is and never heard of it but I wanna play it because i want war, over modem.

Modem Wars was a cool little game that ended up being super fun. You had to move units to uncover areas of map and do little fights between the units. Also at some point, or possibly the whole time, you could launch a drone and if you could find the enemy command unit you could blow it up. I think it could take like damage as well, and the screens got more corrupted as your command unit took damage.

It was kind of a precursor to stuff like Red Alert.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

Rage wanks are best wanks.

Kim Jong Roberts

Fails to meet basic deadlines that would display his prowess in the modern age.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheGremlich posted:

BTW, if the sub-reddit was a hate reddit as you describe, it would have been closed down. You don't define what is hate - it is more than just pointing out logic flaw, lies, etc and archiving. Nobody hates Derek.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

gently caress, I started thinking this dude might be SurfaceDetail... but no, he's easily doxxable, and clearly understands how watermarking images works.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

D_Smart posted:

No clue wtf they're going on about, but those images (as evidenced by the date), were taken back in 2008 at our own house.

I never realized how much that I missed game boxes until I saw your media room. Now all I have are jpegs (on steam).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MilesK posted:

gently caress, I started thinking this dude might be SurfaceDetail... but no, he's easily doxxable, and clearly understands how watermarking images works.

No, I am not SurfaceDetail. But I do know watermarking tech.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
ArcCorp Bar Hornet poster wallpaper ?

:gary:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

WORK LOG

Thursday

Need chick sitting on Hornet image. Found an image that's just right. Copy. Paste. Blonde to brunette, add fingerless gloves and arm tattoo. Done!

Moving on, a BEST PRICE GUARANTEE pic needed. Easy! drat, I'm good. Found an image that's just right. ... ...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

RSI Forums: Dear CIG: No new ships please

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Has Fuzzymodem been given the "bubba's bitch" tattoo yet? Or is he still awaiting judgement?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
There's nothing about sloping sales that sloping foreheads can't fix.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

Has Fuzzymodem been given the "bubba's bitch" tattoo yet? Or is he still awaiting judgement?

Somebody from that area said that his court date isn't til later this year.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/suspect-indicted-in-alleged-sex-abuse/article_9ed2ae4e-53ce-11e6-8acf-631fe6547d49.html

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I don't think these dimwits understand why watermarks are a thing. What a surprise.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ah ty :) Was wondering about it :)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is from long before his current predicament.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
nice pedo bling

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That's just someone chilling out on Chris's restoration hardware desk

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

XK posted:

Now they're using paarp. lol

Let's see how legitimate news site pixelemonade is doing, who just happened to post an article preaching the greatness of SC a month ago, while all their other articles were stolen from an Australian news site.

http://www.pixelemonade.com/

Not even going to bother to screenshot it. Their last posted article is Jan 21, and all of their articles still look like stolen content.

This should be posted to /r/starcitizen or the refund subreddit

e: taxxe:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 4, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'll pay that tax

CIG Cat hates refunds

http://i.imgur.com/43RwyqM.gifv

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I'll help

CIG forum cat hates sass

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 4, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Observed in r/dereksmart

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Obseption

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'll pay that tax

CIG Cat hates refunds

Sorry about the delay in paying the page taxxe, was waiting for permission from the parent company. I removed the watermark first

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'll pay that tax

CIG Cat hates refunds

https://youtu.be/hpec54vKHdI?t=18m28s

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Observed in r/dereksmart

:psyduck: is the whole universe one big double reverse troll now?