Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

IceOrb posted:

"The original Blitz... and I'm sure the fans are going to freak out about this... The original Blitz was an attacker that spawned during the prep phase."

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

:eyepop:

I guess that explains his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

IceOrb posted:

"The original Blitz... and I'm sure the fans are going to freak out about this... The original Blitz was an attacker that spawned during the prep phase."

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

No way

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

That sounds borderline useless unless there were other ops who spawned during prep.

Are they revealing stuff? I'm at work and I can't watch :(

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Koramei posted:

I guess that explains his name

because his name is so unrelated to his ability currently

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nice crowd. Dead game.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is there a vod of the match I can watch? I can't find it on the twitch app

Youtube can playback up to 4 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWDa4MldPU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Thanks!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Man the spectator cams are super nice.

Hard what are the chances of us getting a proper replay feature so we can take advantage of some of these cameras for clips?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IceOrb posted:

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Man the spectator cams are super nice.

Hard what are the chances of us getting a proper replay feature so we can take advantage of some of these cameras for clips?

Pause feature just got implemented, the feature hasn't been abandoned yet.

IceOrb posted:

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

I've forgotten about that but yeah the crazy ideas that went into prototype.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard did you ask about a button that applies a skin/charm to all weapons/ all pistols/ all shotguns/ etc...?

I'm OCD about meaningless poo poo and I like things to match.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

afkmacro posted:

Hard did you ask about a button that applies a skin/charm to all weapons/ all pistols/ all shotguns/ etc...?

I'm OCD about meaningless poo poo and I like things to match.

It's been discussed alongside many many other things.

I don't think you need to have an OCD to find this important.. It's been mentioned a lot :)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

IceOrb posted:

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

What other crazy poo poo could have been jeez

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, your game's matchmaking is totally broke. Server connection issues every 30 seconds.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That Blitz thing would be pretty incredible. Hard make a PTS or whatever where players could try Gimmicks and stuff

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I hope Mira gets a nitro cell so I can put it on the floor or ceiling directly below or above the mirror and blow people the gently caress up when they try to put a breaching charge on it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Just pop the mirror and shoot them

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
On the subject of early Siege...

Back in Alpha, the teams had names other than Orange and Blue. Attackers were Rogue Spear, and Defenders were Raven Shield. I think this was still around in the Beta testing.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They had little logos too, I remember seeing them in early trailers? looked well cool.

And the little gameplay demo where the defenders were just random terrorist OPFOR dudes.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Sdoots posted:

On the subject of early Siege...

Back in Alpha, the teams had names other than Orange and Blue. Attackers were Rogue Spear, and Defenders were Raven Shield. I think this was still around in the Beta testing.

Unfortunately that makes both teams RS for short.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
There was a breakdown at the end of matches where you saw when people died, who they killed etc too. It was pretty cool.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The defender operators being not government organization members and stuff would have been cool.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
http://store.ubi.com/ca/ubi-workshop/brands/rainbow-six-siege/

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

im glad Ash's name is on her hat. In case it gets lost, you know who it belongs to.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
and France is on the back of Montagne.

Guess they didn't clear legal.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
got my first ace last night, did it with BANDIT OOPS shotty too for bonus points :feelsgood:

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 4, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Is that a prep phase only weapon?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Stop calling bandit blitz

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

WHOOPS

Edit - for actual content yeah the spectator modes own. They make the esports content actually really cool and easy to follow in a way that many FPS aren't.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I do this all the time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
No FUZE? COLOR ME DISAPPOINTED

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

causticBeet posted:

WHOOPS

Edit - for actual content yeah the spectator modes own. They make the esports content actually really cool and easy to follow in a way that many FPS aren't.

I've had so many clips that were ruined by a kill cam cutting off early, or because I wasn't watching the right person. A replay mode similar to CS:GO would be so amazing (and also help catch hackers easier).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where is the best place to check out these games once they're over? gonna watch some while I work tomorrow.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

why are the servers such a massive piece of poo poo tonight

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

#gently caress

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IM RETARDED

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This just 404s for me. :shrug:

Basticle posted:

Free weekend.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

They've been like this ever since watch dawgs Number two came out

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Holy poo poo casual is a nightmare with the free weekend going on. I hate ranked because of all the super serious tactical nonsense people try to pull but anything to escape the unwashed masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Party Plane Jones posted:

They've been like this ever since watch dawgs Number two came out

I wonder if Ubisoft actually tries to do their own content distribution or if their bottleneck is between them and a big CDN like Amazon or Akamai? Either way in TYOOL 2017 there really isn't an excuse for this bullshit.

• Locked thread