Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The more I play Moon Moon the more I hate playing him. I just want to get to 50 and be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

If you find yourself bored or you have a second monitor like me, might want to hang out in some of the marvel heroes twitch streams over the next day or so, like Degentp, Dankrage or any of the devs, if you see them on.

They have been giving out all kinds of codes. Some they give to the streamers to give away, others, Winterthur was just posting to twitch chat over a couple hours time span, hopping between different streams, so make sure to have that key redemption window ready to go if you see the him hanging out there.

Apparently the one I got was a press pack, I only know because some other people were getting them too. They were also giving out megapacks and hero bundles for Beast/Jubilee and other heroes.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
That Beast reveal video kind of actually made me want to try Beast out. Not doing it without that cat-Beast costume though.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Since I now have a computer that doesn't freak out when playing this game, after returning from a several month to year hiatus, this game feels weird and different. Not in an entirely bad way, but it'll take a bit to get adjusted to it.

I have a bunch of 60's I'm probably going to prestige, just to get used to the game again. I did so with Rogue last night, and I'm using a really fun movement-based build that's doing moderately well, but I kind of want to use energy. Do I still have to raid in order to get the best powers for an energy build for Rogue?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
melt face punisher has already been posted like two or three times

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Colgate posted:

I have a bunch of 60's I'm probably going to prestige, just to get used to the game again. I did so with Rogue last night, and I'm using a really fun movement-based build that's doing moderately well, but I kind of want to use energy. Do I still have to raid in order to get the best powers for an energy build for Rogue?
Pretty sure you'll still want Wrath of Muspelheim, yeah. At least you only need to steal it once now!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I wanna know if the raids are even doable since they got rid of invuln cores, I know that at least 2 of the terminals (Ultron + Skrull) still poo poo out insta-death red zones at a higher rate than you get dash charges.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

I need this

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I wanna know if the raids are even doable since they got rid of invuln cores, I know that at least 2 of the terminals (Ultron + Skrull) still poo poo out insta-death red zones at a higher rate than you get dash charges.

All dad raid will probably do just fine lol

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

we five manned a green muscles like the day the big patch came out when every was still wearing outdated gear and trying out new heroes they never played before so

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Rogue raid for the power library! He said, not committing to anything.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Question for Spider-Man players: which of the Spider-Man costumes is voiced by the '90s Spider-Man cartoon voice actor? I'm keen to give Spidey a try but I'm not a big fan of Drake Bell's voice acting.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Question for Spider-Man players: which of the Spider-Man costumes is voiced by the '90s Spider-Man cartoon voice actor? I'm keen to give Spidey a try but I'm not a big fan of Drake Bell's voice acting.
I think superior spiderman is voiced by him but he's octo'd up in that one. Also Amazing Spiderman is straight up 90s spiderman

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Back in Black is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes too, I think?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Back in Black is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes too, I think?

So is the original, now-unobtainable pre-order Symbiote Spider-Man costume. (Not that that helps anyone who doesn't already have it.)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cease to Hope posted:

So is the original, now-unobtainable pre-order Symbiote Spider-Man costume. (Not that that helps anyone who doesn't already have it.)

The symbiote costume has its own dialog I think? It's voiced by him too but it's also maximum rear end in a top hat Spider-Man which I don't think the others do.

Not that I get tired of hearing Spider-Man ask the punisher how his family is doing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

By request, my Beast Bing Build:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

By request, my Beast Bing Build:

Real talk though...is this what loving Beast looks like? I feel like I'm seeing the 3rd visual in an evolution diagram.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Looks more like Blue Teenwolf to me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk though...is this what loving Beast looks like? I feel like I'm seeing the 3rd visual in an evolution diagram.
Beast has been in a weird place in comics for a while where what he looks like seems to be completely up to the artist drawing him because someone established at some point that the 'beastness' part of his mutation is an ongoing mutation so who cares.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Kelsey Grammer's Beast looked great, for all that those movies got wrong. Just use that.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yup, that's actually his most recent Comic look, dubbed Gorrila-Beast. Cat -Beast was his last look and was originally going to be his default costume, but they took so long they swapped it over.

That said, Cat-Beast looks great. I like how short and stocky he is.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 4, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Man all that is crazy as hell. I didn't know what was going on.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Cat -Beast was his last look

You forgot Horse-Beast and Bat-Beast, which both came after Cat-Beast.

Gorilla Beast would be a cool look if they modeled better. I don't even like Beast but this statue is pretty sweet.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

There's a good write up of all his changes here
. It's a quick read. His current look is kind of like Bat Beast but less smooth.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 4, 2017

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

That bulge is a solid 10/10.

Beast OP.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

All beasts look alike.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

randombattle posted:

All beasts look alike.

Wow, check your human privilege

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Wrapped a towel around his waist to hide the colostomy bag

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Seriously, what the hell happened to the top half of his uniform :psyduck:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
X marks the spot.

*Crotch chop*

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

McSpanky posted:

Wow, check your human privilege

Human rights are for humans.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

why the gently caress do you care, you one hundred day no login loser

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Won't even have the Rachel Cole-Alves Team up when he comes back, Sad

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sion posted:

why the gently caress do you care, you one hundred day no login loser

You are awful at basic math.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I've seen people mention this a few times, but what does prestiging do? I know from other games it makes you start over at level 1, but why the hell would you want to do that?

Unrelated question: How is Elektra? Is she better than her Future Fight counterpart?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gaussian posted:

I've seen people mention this a few times, but what does prestiging do? I know from other games it makes you start over at level 1, but why the hell would you want to do that?

Unrelated question: How is Elektra? Is she better than her Future Fight counterpart?
well you see, it changes the colour of your name

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Gaussian posted:

Changes your name color but more importantly, gives you a free copy of your base costume. There's a crafter recipe that costs 3 costumes and gives you one random costume of anything in the game (including base costumes, as well as unreleased-but-in-the-code-for-some-reason costumes).

Also the costume thing is going away at some point because free things are anathema to the f2p game.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Gaussian posted:

You get costumes which you can trade in for a random costume.
Also, your name can be yellow if you do it for long enough.

These are the benefits of prestiging.

-e-
oh come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
It also (for now) gives you another copy of that character's default costume. There is a crafting recipe to turn 3 costumes into a random costume, so you can gamble that way.