Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Baron von Eevl posted:

My plan for tonight is holy gently caress i had a baby, there's a baby in this room

So not sleeping and getting puked on.

Fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Gonna rewatch Children of Men tonight and maybe also The Running Man.

Add demolition man for triple feature

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baron von Eevl posted:

My plan for tonight is holy gently caress i had a baby, there's a baby in this room

As long as you keep it alive for 18 years without it killing anyone, you're a good parent.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

FishBulb posted:

So not sleeping and getting puked on.

Fun times.

As a single/childless 27-year-old who's going to a barcade for a friend's birthday and getting shitfaced, hell, same

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

wyoming posted:

Is she out of the well and on the internet this time?

In one of the only 'clever' touches, the plot centres around the fact that Samara is not on the internet yet. She's implicitly dying out because VHS is obsolete, and no-one has bothered to transfer her tapes to a digital format.

However, this means that Rings is (after a stupid 'what's she been up to' extended prologue) primarily a severely dumbed-down remake of the original... that ends with Samara getting onto the internet(!!!). Basically the Force Awakens of Ring movies.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There are a couple regular bars I haven't been to in 2 weeks so I feel obligated to visit and say hi to the staff but it's cold and I have heartburn or something. Also there is a floof cat napping in my arm.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 4, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Criminal Minded posted:

As a single/childless 27-year-old who's going to a barcade for a friend's birthday and getting shitfaced, hell, same

Are you me tomorrow night???

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I knew it would be but man watching Children of Men in the Age of Trump is a hell of a thing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Holy gently caress, it looks like the person that recorded and leaked the tapes of republicans talking in Philly about how they have no idea what to do after repealing Obamacare is a friend of my wife.

It's been a big day.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

In one of the only 'clever' touches, the plot centres around the fact that Samara is not on the internet yet. She's implicitly dying out because VHS is obsolete, and no-one has bothered to transfer her tapes to a digital format.

However, this means that Rings is (after a stupid 'what's she been up to' extended prologue) primarily a severely dumbed-down remake of the original... that ends with Samara getting onto the internet(!!!). Basically the Force Awakens of Ring movies.

is the scene in the trailer where the video plays on the plane the last scene of the movie?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

GonSmithe posted:

Are you me tomorrow night???

I have come back to warn you. You are in great da-

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spatula City posted:

I wonder if poutine but with tater tots instead of fries would work.

One of the insane people doing Poutine Week in Montreal did you one better.

Tater tot poutine with lobster and bacon, served with special lobster poutine sauce.

Looks gross, to be honest, but I've been wrong before. I do love me some lobster.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Holy gently caress, it looks like the person that recorded and leaked the tapes of republicans talking in Philly about how they have no idea what to do after repealing Obamacare is a friend of my wife.

It's been a big day.

Maybe she'll get black-bagged while you're all having dinner together!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yo I'm watching Unbreakable this movie is still dope suck my dick if you don't like it

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I must not have had particularly good lobster, because it's always just seemed...there to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

I must not have had particularly good lobster, because it's always just seemed...there to me.

Depending on where you live, it's very possible you've not had good lobster. Living where I do, I get them fairly fresh from Gaspesie and the Baie des Chaleurs, so that definitely helps the experience. I'd say an integral part of the joy of eating lobster is in the texture, just as much as the taste. It's not the strongest flavor you'll find, it's quite watery, really, but the flesh of well-prepared fresh lobster has just the right amount of tenderness and resistance. I really like the taste, though, if it's fresh. Crab just seems too salty to me, and most types of shrimp are flavorless by themselves, but I can eat an entire lobster without a single drop of garlic butter or sauce and consider that a satisfying meal.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yo I'm watching Unbreakable this movie is still dope suck my dick if you don't like it

I wish this was Ebert's review of the film.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
One of those single/childless 27 year old people who hate seafood.

Also, Argento films are suppppppper pretty. Unbreakable has great lighting too.

At this point, I am terrified of turning off social media for 2 hours and finding another global faux pas/catastrophe committed by the Americans.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Peak Shyamalan (which I spelled without looking up--the only weird part is the "ya," otherwise it's entirely phonetic. So gently caress people making jokes about it).

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Lurdiak posted:

Depending on where you live, it's very possible you've not had good lobster. Living where I do, I get them fairly fresh from Gaspesie and the Baie des Chaleurs, so that definitely helps the experience. I'd say an integral part of the joy of eating lobster is in the texture, just as much as the taste. It's not the strongest flavor you'll find, it's quite watery, really, but the flesh of well-prepared fresh lobster has just the right amount of tenderness and resistance. I really like the taste, though, if it's fresh. Crab just seems too salty to me, and most types of shrimp are flavorless by themselves, but I can eat an entire lobster without a single drop of garlic butter or sauce and consider that a satisfying meal.

Oooh, yeah, that's a fair point that totally skipped my mind...I live in Kansas.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Death By The Blues posted:

At this point, I am terrified of turning off social media for 2 hours and finding another global faux pas/catastrophe committed by the Americans.

IT'S JUST HIM

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Of course, the flip side of not having access to particularly fresh seafood (which I generally don't care much for anyway) is that I can throw a rock out my front door in any direction and hit a great BBQ place. I live walking distance of a Joe's Kansas City, formerly Oklahoma Joe's, location, which Anthony Bourdain named one of his seven places to eat before you die. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Plans for tonight

Edible key lime pie
Sonic
Self loathing

Maybe some art. I dunno.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CelticPredator posted:

Plans for tonight

Edible key lime pie
Sonic
Self loathing

Maybe some art. I dunno.

Art? Dude, you're a poet and don't even know it:

CelticPredator posted:

Edible key lime pie
Sonic
Self loathing

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CelticPredator posted:

Edible key lime pie

You don't say.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

One of the insane people doing Poutine Week in Montreal did you one better.

Tater tot poutine with lobster and bacon, served with special lobster poutine sauce.

Looks gross, to be honest, but I've been wrong before. I do love me some lobster.

Those are shameful cheese curds.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Criminal Minded posted:

Of course, the flip side of not having access to particularly fresh seafood (which I generally don't care much for anyway) is that I can throw a rock out my front door in any direction and hit a great BBQ place. I live walking distance of a Joe's Kansas City, formerly Oklahoma Joe's, location, which Anthony Bourdain named one of his seven places to eat before you die. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Joes was good. I miss Joes.

THanks for reminding me to prep my superbowl brisket though

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

There are a couple regular bars I haven't been to in 2 weeks so I feel obligated to visit and say hi to the staff but it's cold and I have heartburn or something. Also there is a floof cat napping in my arm.
I decided to visit my local bar but the both bartenders inadvertently made me a drink so now I'm stuck here for a while. :(

Edit: I think I just saw an Ashley Madison commercial :psyduck:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Budgie Jumping posted:

You don't say.

CP's in Colorado, by edible he means weed pie.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Wonder why they always called it Key Lime. Apparently there actually is a real Key Lime. Interesting.

Yea, they barely look like cheese curds.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

Oooh, yeah, that's a fair point that totally skipped my mind...I live in Kansas.

Criminal Minded posted:

This kind of thing is why food tourism is a thing. As nice as it is that cuisine variety has increased in general across the world, some ingredients travel better than others, and every region has its own specialty. I bet most BBQ places up here would be shameful to you, except for a couple locations in MTL.

Timby posted:

Those are shameful cheese curds.

Indeed they are. Poutine Week's whole thing is to create a signature dish, so some people really stretch the definition of the term in an effort to drum up business. So this might be one of those situations.

E: gently caress this thing.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Double Life of Veronique was amazing. The scene where Weronika dies has that stunning, sweeping shot over the audience upside-down. Besides being one beautiful shot after another, I don't think I've seen a film where sex scenes come off as beautiful and realistic. There's a tendency for them to either be voyeuristic or titillating in most films. Now I want to see everything else by Kieslowski (only have seen Three Colors otherwise).

Going to be in Jacksonville for Super Bowl night (for work), so I guess I should find a sports bar.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Dekalog is loving phenomenal. In particular the first part and thou shall not murder.

Blue is still my favourite colour entry.

Beautiful and the music is incredible.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

Dekalog is loving phenomenal. In particular the first part and thou shall not murder.

Blue is still my favourite colour entry.

Beautiful and the music is incredible.

The clips in The Story of Film are enough to make me want to go through all of Dekalog. I'm probably going to pick it up in the next Criterion flash sale.

Blue and Red are perfect, but I love White too. It's such a goofy comedy in parts.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I love everything of Kieslowski's that I've seen, Veronique and Blue are utterly spectacular examples of empathetic filmmaking.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

Si!

It's good for weed cake.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I liked Unbreakable more than any Shyamalan outside of The Sixth Sense (which I also haven't seen since it was in theaters) but I still thought it was just okay and feel it's held up just because how major the drop of was after that. Like, it is a well made film but like many of his later films it feels more like an hour and a half of just sort of giving you the concept of a movie rather than figuring out what to do with it. It's like Shyamalan writes down concepts on napkins and then just films.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Baron von Eevl posted:

Congrats man, thats cool as hell, babies are awesome

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Timby posted:

I know, I'm just making fun of the phrasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was weird phrasing. I was traffic posting and the traffic just started to move.

Also, no key lime pies, but there was a weed take on jolly ranchers so, I guess that's that!

• Locked thread