Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does anyone have a one-whiff banner they can check the rates of? I'm doing a bit of code to see how likely I am to get a specific character given N pulls but I don't know how the odds of 3- and 4-stars change when you whiff on 5-stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Are there any other dancers/bards besides Olivia currently? She seems hella good.

Azura.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hector also has 1-2 counter. He's beefier than Takumi but slower and less resistant. He's an axe unit though so he has type matchups; Selena in particular gives him a lot of trouble since she's a sword unit and has an Armorslayer.

Triangle is triangular I suppose. Armors in general seem interesting since they're bricks of stats but the only one I have is 3* Wendy/Gwendolyn and FE6 taught me never to believe in her!

I would love to have Hector even if he weren't good, but if I recall he's at least a 4* base. If he shows up for me down the line, awesome! If not, ah well. Can't get too attached to having any one character in a gacha game, after all. I learned that the hard way!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: another bad roll, mostly 3* this time. I regret everything.

I had one of those recently, one 5-pull was maybe two 4*s and no characters I liked, then the next one was almost all 3*s and even some dupes! Rng is rng, at least the odds slowly increase until you get something 5*.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

Man, I can't think of a single reason to use an armored unit. The higher difficulties is basically a poo poo ton of magic users which negates the whole purpose of a phys tank that hits hard but slow.

They're fairly situational, but they're really good for holding a point, sometimes even through the weapon triangle. For instance, 4* Gwendolyn pretty much laughs at any sword user not named Selena, considering her Killer Lance means she's getting 30% less damage every other combat thanks to Escutcheon. So she's great for handling units like Ryoma, Xander and Lucina, as well as a lot of the 5* swordlords in arena. Yeah mages kinda take a dump on them... but that's pretty much every Fire Emblem.

Hector is the one that breaks the mold, but that's more due to his really good skills.

ShinyDais posted:

Triangle is triangular I suppose. Armors in general seem interesting since they're bricks of stats but the only one I have is 3* Wendy/Gwendolyn and FE6 taught me never to believe in her!

I would love to have Hector even if he weren't good, but if I recall he's at least a 4* base. If he shows up for me down the line, awesome! If not, ah well. Can't get too attached to having any one character in a gacha game, after all. I learned that the hard way!

Hector is 5*, sadly.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So what's the opinion on rerolling if no 5-stars? I got a couple of 4 stars after 3 penta-rolls in (Tharja, Hana, Beruka, Olivia, Barte, and a Lissa). It seems ok but I was thinking of rerolling if nothing in this group is considered good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So what's the opinion on rerolling if no 5-stars? I got a couple of 4 stars after 3 penta-rolls in (Tharja, Hana, Beruka, Olivia, Barte, and a Lissa). It seems ok but I was thinking of rerolling if nothing in this group is considered good.

You will not have trouble clearing normal mode with no 5-stars. Presumably even lunatic is doable though they might have to be all max level. That said, if there's a specific character you want, now is by far the best/easiest time to get them.

Not getting any 5-stars within your first 60 orbs is pretty unlucky so if you're willing to through away the day's work then go ahead and reroll.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly depends on what you want. Azama and Elise can heal themselves when healing others, Serra and Lissa can buff the party's SPD/ATK when they heal. Until we get a full comprehensive list of what everybody learns it's hard to compare.

Elise also has the ATK buff on heal, although it's got a cooldown.

Also I just opened 5* Hector and 5* Camilla in the same set; I must be a god. That's a lot of Green in my party though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Biggest Jerk posted:

tharja is solid + gets darting blow, lissa is a healer which means she's good, idk about the others

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
olivia is a dancer so she can give a unit another turn so she is p good imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tharja is a great spellcaster, Olivia gives a 2nd turn to anyone, Lissa has good skills as a healer. That's probably the best case scenario, would take that over say a Henry 5 star.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Tae posted:

Tharja is a great spellcaster, Olivia gives a 2nd turn to anyone, Lissa has good skills as a healer. That's probably the best case scenario, would take that over say a Henry 5 star.

5* henry is insanely good archer/ninja bait though!!!!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
For those fretting about level up RNG, according to reddit it seems like there's only a few 'sets' of final stats for each character, so there's no way to get totally RNG screwed. You might end up with something dumb like really high ATK/RES but no SPD, but chances are someone else will have the exact same spread.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Rolled a 5* Nowi and she can't learn a Special attack? Dammit Nowi you are the worst dragongirl :argh:

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hector is 5*, sadly.

Yikes, yeah. Here's hoping he's still good if I eventually draw him- but right now I'm trying to hoard orbs for when FE4/5 characters get added.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

580th in Arena without having spent a dollar, feels good

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
One re-roll got me 5* Azura, the one character I really wanted :toot:

Really enjoying this game so far. Makes me want to go back and finish Fates.

Nino mvp though

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Nino mvp though

Yes! 3* and pulling her weight amongst my best 4 and 5*s!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

This team feels alright so far. Hinata and Camilla just delete things, Saiko pings fliers and eventually poisons, and Arthur tanks things at a rather problematic rate.

I take it, I should replace people.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ShinyDais posted:

I had one of those recently, one 5-pull was maybe two 4*s and no characters I liked, then the next one was almost all 3*s and even some dupes! Rng is rng, at least the odds slowly increase until you get something 5*.

Yeah I'm rolling until I hit the 5* to reset the odds and then I'm done until new poo poo gets added.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Checking in after one day. Rolled a 5* Merric to start and he is rolling everything. Got 4* Hinata, 4* Florina, and just added 4* Cordelia. Not sure what I'm doing but I also have:
4*Cain
4*Tiki
4* Fae

Not sure what I should swap for Florina. Also have had no stage I would ever need a healer for. Up to chapter 8 so far. This game mostly makes me want to go back to 3ds though. I am enjoying it though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
When the hell are they gonna fix physics? Maria is the worst healer, is2g.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
What are banners? I keep seeing it mentioned but can't figure it out.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

pulled a 5 star tharja. that's pretty cool

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Banner's just a gacha game term for the summon options. The banner art shows the featured rate-up characters.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Arthur's art being wildly conflicting with just about everyone else will never not be funny.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Still don't have any blue units beyond princess whatshername that you start with and est. no healers either. Brute force is the plan i guess

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I just pulled 5* Effie, but I already have 5* Hector and I don't know if I can deal with two slow babies. Especially since I'm spoiled by Hector's distance counter now. I'm sure I'll make it work with Goad Armorlord or whatever Hector's skill is.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

When you summon you have two swipable screens labelled "legendary heroes" and "true devotion" (or something like that) and pics of robin or camilla or whatever; those are banners, basically increased rates for the characters in the picture to be pulled in an orb summon.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

widespread posted:

This team feels alright so far. Hinata and Camilla just delete things, Saiko pings fliers and eventually poisons, and Arthur tanks things at a rather problematic rate.

I take it, I should replace people.

I don't really know the skillsets of any of those characters besides Camilla (who is not bad by my understanding), but yeah you should feel safe to replace just about any of those characters later based on their rarities at least. If you like them you can bump them all up to at least 4* if you make sure to pick up the feathers and appropriate badges, but it'll take a while and they might start to drop off a bit around level 20-ish content.

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I'm rolling until I hit the 5* to reset the odds and then I'm done until new poo poo gets added.

Fair, just keep in mind that the rate increase is kind of small- +0.5% per 5-pull, I think? RNG is RNG, of course.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ShinyDais posted:

Fair, just keep in mind that the rate increase is kind of small- +0.5% per 5-pull, I think? RNG is RNG, of course.

Yeah I'm up to 3.75 but it's driving me insane knowing it exists.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Arthur's art being wildly conflicting with just about everyone else will never not be funny.

Just look at that pose.

ShinyDais posted:

I don't really know the skillsets of any of those characters besides Camilla (who is not bad by my understanding), but yeah you should feel safe to replace just about any of those characters later based on their rarities at least. If you like them you can bump them all up to at least 4* if you make sure to pick up the feathers and appropriate badges, but it'll take a while and they might start to drop off a bit around level 20-ish content.

Hinata seems like a berserker. His special is just Damage Reduction, his A boosts all his stats but takes a bit of health after each combat, and his B lets him do a follow-up if under an HP threshold. Also does more damage if with a combat triangle advantage.

Saiko is a Utility Rogue. Applies Def/Res debuff normally, his defensive thing converts penalties to bonuses, B is poison application, and C is just a Spd Bonus to adjacent people.

The crimson chin over there Arthur wants to be a tank but just has an HP buff, able to swap positions with units, and can follow up attack on lancers if above 90% Health. Also has the combat triangle bonus eventually.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hello, I just started. I drew 5* Roy. He seems strong. My friend number is 6657595927. That number seems long. Thank you for listening.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Roy in this game is... let's say average.

Not at five stars he isn't.

Five Star Roy is a loving monster. Just aim him in the right direction and things evaporate.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Not at five stars he isn't.

Five Star Roy is a loving monster. Just aim him in the right direction and things evaporate.

I'm really on the fence about getting the weapon triangle ability. Because if I Get that, him murdering lancers won't be as easy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

I'm really on the fence about getting the weapon triangle ability. Because if I Get that, him murdering lancers won't be as easy.

you can always unequip it on maps that feature blue units

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Well, I drew a team of Four Star Roy, Four Star Liliana, Four Star Clarine, and then three star Sully. I'm honestly pretty happy with it, even if Clarine keeps stealing Roy's strength! Seriously, you're a loving troubador, what do you need Attack for?! And you Roy, start getting Attack and Speed, we aren't pulling a Leaf on this team!

At least Liliana is being dependable, she murdered everything alone in one shot on 1-5. She definitely takes after her dad. :allears:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MotU posted:

you can always unequip it on maps that feature blue units

Normally it costs stamina to equip abilities so it just seems strange to equip and unequip it like that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nuebot posted:

Normally it costs stamina to equip abilities so it just seems strange to equip and unequip it like that.

The update today removed stamina costs for equipping abilities

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Tae posted:

The update today removed stamina costs for equipping abilities

For the duration of the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)