Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lmao @ phr players whining their stuff didn't get buffed in the errata.

E; yikes, new page. So I ordered some custom Homeworld Launch Assets courtesy of Bistromatic. They look well good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
After seeing posts from people still waiting on pledges I feel slightly hesitant to repost my painted models. I'll leave the Pandaman in to soften the blow. Look! He's cutes! He even walks softly and carries a big gun!

quote:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for Pandaman's white booty.

Now, whatever you think of the Suicide Squad movie, this sculpt is probably the best thing to come out of it. It is now my wife's favourite thing in the collection.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Good work on those fleets, folks!

I'm still working on getting my UCM starter ready, i did frigate engines today:

also here's a peek at those launch assets Flipswitch mentioned:

slightly modified from the game files to be printable and then manufactured through shapesways.
Mine are taking a backseat until the capital ships are done.

And long shot, but is anyone going to the Tactica in Hamburg? It's a ~1000 people tabletop convention and i'll be giving dropfleet demos there.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That Panda owns. As does the ships, keep posting models all. I'll take some of mine tomorrow if I remember.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Bistromatic posted:

And long shot, but is anyone going to the Tactica in Hamburg? It's a ~1000 people tabletop convention and i'll be giving dropfleet demos there.

Why are you posting in my local games stores' facebook group ?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

He's a subversive element trying to steer us from one true path set out by Hawk Dave; Brexit.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

lmao @ phr players whining their stuff didn't get buffed in the errata.

E; yikes, new page. So I ordered some custom Homeworld Launch Assets courtesy of Bistromatic. They look well good.

Eh, I'm just sad that Scourge Bombardment frigates took a hit, but I guess they were a bit too good.

EDIT: Oh poo poo Scourge bomber assets are great and their carrier gets to launch 5 of them!

LordAba fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 1, 2017

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Renfield posted:

Why are you posting in my local games stores' facebook group ?
Serious talk: Flipswitch added me to the group for some reason and occasionally tells me to post stuff there.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

LordAba posted:

Eh, I'm just sad that Scourge Bombardment frigates took a hit, but I guess they were a bit too good.
Hiding in Atmo whilst being able to fire is a bit ridiculous, you have to admit.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

LordAba posted:

EDIT: Oh poo poo Scourge bomber assets are great and their carrier gets to launch 5 of them!

Don't the frigs have low level on them? That is an exemption if I was reading the FAQ right.

I didn't see anything about the Theseus, is its linked weapons profile correct as printed then?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oh yeah, cross posting.

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Complete!

I just wish I could photograph these things without them looking like entries for the Worst painting thread - no matter what I do they look like I've put to much paint on, when in reality they don't look half bad.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Looks like Nova Open won't have Dropzone or Dropfleet this year :(

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Ugleb posted:

Don't the frigs have low level on them? That is an exemption if I was reading the FAQ right.

I didn't see anything about the Theseus, is its linked weapons profile correct as printed then?

I also don't see any errata on the Leonidas, which is definitely wrong.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

ZachAttack posted:

I also don't see any errata on the Leonidas, which is definitely wrong.

Was that the one that had its side listed wrong? I thought I saw a fix for the battle cruiser, guess i didn't check to make sure it was the right page though...

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Pash posted:

Was that the one that had its side listed wrong? I thought I saw a fix for the battle cruiser, guess i didn't check to make sure it was the right page though...

Ah, missed that, was scanning for the name of the ship, not the page number. That sucks then, it definitely seem like the Theseus and Leonidas should have the same broadside setup.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

--------------------------------------
UCM! - 1249pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (232pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (243pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR6 Line battlegroup (142pts)
1 x Berlin - 105pts - M
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (243pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (259pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
5 x Taipei - 195pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Weekend game at 1250 as its the current tournament standard. I got this. I think 6x NO and 1x San Fran might be good, but I think the raw drop power is too good to pass up.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Corvettes eh? Let us know how they do!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'll be very interested in after-action reports on those Santiagos. They seem seriously underpowered as-is, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yea I think you need to run them in two groups but will find out tomorrow.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Kinda what I'm thinking, I can see them swooping in to murder a strike carrier but then you need to go find a second target.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The next strike carrier. :v:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Ugleb posted:

Kinda what I'm thinking, I can see them swooping in to murder a strike carrier but then you need to go find a second target.

I used a pair of Santiagos in my last game. They were almost worth it. They are fast so I waited till my last activation to use them on turn 2. They moved in and tried to light up a strike carrier in atmo. Did 2 damage but sadly the crippling roll did not finish it off. They then proceeded to roll absolute poo poo for the rest of the game and do like 1 more total damage. They were hard to kill though as long as they just sat in atmo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Got another practice game in today, PHR vs Scourge starters. There was a lot less "only fight in the middle" syndrome; we (ok technically I was both sides because it was a spur of the moment thing) ended up having a fight over each outer cluster, each of which moved towards the inner cluster.

On one side my Shenlong tried to hunt down the PHR carrier, but got ripped up by bomber crits and couldn't quite seal the deal in time. On the other side the other cruisers ripped the hell into each other after the Theseus ripped through my frigates.

I feel like the Scourge may have made some deployment errors there. Also I forgot about scald a few times :shobon:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Realtalk, I think the Tokyo might be the strongest battleship for UCM. It's a loving bastard at what it does and forces your opponent to remove it while your fleet mullers the daylights out of theirs.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Bombardment is super-good and even the puny guns on the PHR strike carriers make a difference.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

Realtalk, I think the Tokyo might be the strongest battleship for UCM. It's a loving bastard at what it does and forces your opponent to remove it while your fleet mullers the daylights out of theirs.

Bonus points for being the cheapest battleship as well.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I don't think it's strong enough to be an auto include but I think it's sailing under peoples radars with how good it is. Madrids good at wrecking a cluster or maybe two but the Tokyo will straight up just rip through 3 in a game.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also, if you play scourge and aren't taking two of the Fleet Carriers you are doing it wrong.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hey folks, I know I don't post here very often but I play Shaltari and UCM in both games. Well, I'm planning on building into UCM fleet later. Anyways.

Have any of you done the math on the Cloudfliers?

At 18 points each, they're 108 for a full squad of 6.

They're super fast so they're probably going to be shooting by turn 2, at 30 attack dice, 10 should hit, and against a 3+ save that's about 3 damage or so, at 4+ that's 5 damage, and at 5+ that's 7 dp or so.

They're 12 hp total, but it takes 6 weapon fires to kill the whole squad. They can dive into atmosphere and still shoot. They can hit any target. Their weapon isn't close action. I dunno, seems really good for 108 points. I could see myself taking 4 groups easily and just eating up their troop ships from atmo. I'm not worried about them not being able to crit because the volume of dice is pretty great, so on average you should be doing steady damage. I dunno, seems good even compared to the 100 pt Granite that almost is sure to do 4 damage.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

My impression is that Corvettes are going to be pretty useful in general, offset by being made of wet paper. Also, aren't they too small to score off critical locations? If you dedicate a third of your fleet to them you may find yourself light on scoring ships.

I realised last night that the PHR Echo can be taken in a one ship group, this makes them into more flexible hunters I think as at 30 points you probably wont get them in huge numbers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dropped two strike carriers before taking casualties and one corvette is basically useless. They did okay I guess? There's something really off about them.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

Dropped two strike carriers before taking casualties and one corvette is basically useless. They did okay I guess? There's something really off about them.

Too easily hit maybe?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah definitely so. They feel in proportion to frigates but it gets to the natural end where ever just die too fast and and weaponry loses its teeth.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm working on a 999 point Scourge list. Is two Troopships too much for that points level?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

I'm working on a 999 point Scourge list. Is two Troopships too much for that points level?

I was considering it for PHR as their troopships are still well armed, but I'm not sure about other factions. I guess you would take fewer strike carriers.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I know the word is to be patient, but it's been 2 months since my email to Hawk Wargames regarding not having received my pledge. Should I send another email, or is that going to put me at the back of the queue and then I'll have to wait until 2018 to receive anything?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Man, I'll never have a chance to play this for real and I'd have to buy the tools to do it but Dropfleet's ships are so close to tempting me back into the hobby.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

YF19pilot posted:

I know the word is to be patient, but it's been 2 months since my email to Hawk Wargames regarding not having received my pledge. Should I send another email, or is that going to put me at the back of the queue and then I'll have to wait until 2018 to receive anything?

Apparently if you keep mailing them it knocks you back down the queue as you are no longer the oldest message. Which presents a dilemma if you think they lost your email.

If you haven't contacted them in a month and heard nothing I think I would poke them again.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

YF19pilot posted:

I emailed them in the middle of December and didn't hear anything by around the 20th of last month, so I emailed them again. This time they responded with a form letter basically saying to just be patient.

quote:

We apologise that you have not yet received your pledge. We can confirm that your order was exported from our database correctly and we have been informed by our packing team that all Commodores should be packed and any not yet shipped should dispatch soon, however we will query the status of this order with them to see if there are any problems with your rewards. Please allow some time for this as we are experiencing very high demand at this time.

Kind Regards,

The Hawk Wargames Team

Unless you're willing to cancel your pledge (which is not a good option in light of Brexit) it doesn't seem like much is going to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

EverettLO posted:

I emailed them in the middle of December and didn't hear anything by around the 20th of last month, so I emailed them again. This time they responded with a form letter basically saying to just be patient.

Unless you're willing to cancel your pledge (which is not a good option in light of Brexit) it doesn't seem like much is going to change.

I'm not going to cancel, but two months of silence is a bit frustrating. I'll shoot another email and see what happens.