Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rabidsquid posted:

pc rules, a game i was looking forward to by an indie dev hard crashes to desktop every five minutes because of my os and hardware configuration, but the dev cant figure out why. its great. i demand that functionality be brought to console

on my laptop there is a good chance that any given game i try will have persistent diagonal screen tearing from the top left to the bottom right corner due to some hosed up interaction between the nvidia gpu and the integrated gpu. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which games have it or not and the only response from nvidia is "its a windows problem" :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, but consoles don't have Steam Greenlight... check mate!!!

You seen the poo poo on the Sony store lately. I think it's got like 3 to 4 years before it looks just like steam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

You seen the poo poo on the Sony store lately. I think it's got like 3 to 4 years before it looks just like steam

life of black tiger and firefighter simulator double pack $39.99 (best value)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, but consoles don't have Steam Greenlight... check mate!!!

How quickly people forget No Man's Sky

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vr4El4cmI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tbf xbox did it first with the 360 stuff

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tbf xbox did it first with the 360 stuff

TBF that game has a pretty funny song that's probably worth the buck they were asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5T6qenbdUc

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

morallyobjected posted:

you can't play FFXV on PC so it's worthless

Any platform without FFXV wins by default.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Any platform without FFXV wins by default.

Wrong

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A regular day in a Yakuza series' bar.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
message from sony today, what timely info could they have for me????

i got that trophy like 2 years ago

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

congrats!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man can't wait to see the email for my doax3 plat.

E:j/k I don't think I could spend 14 days with Marie Rose and not turn myself in to law enforcement. :aatrek:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 4, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you did it, you survived the butts!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Yoya posted:

Wow, I got that email two days after I got the plat. Weird. The only other game I've gotten one for is Beyond: Two Souls. Odd choice.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Elder abuse. :(

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Yoya posted:

:same:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yoya posted:

That game wasn't even out 2 years ago. Check mate, Yoya.

I got it in May 2015 and never heard anything.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I got the email too. I was so excited to get the special theme but clicking just gave me a dead link.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I got the email too. I was so excited to get the special theme but clicking just gave me a dead link.

That's weird, i got the plat around two weeks ago, and got the email a few days after, but for me the email just had a PSN code to redeem the theme, no link clicking required.

The theme sorta sucks anyway though

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just got the "Congratulations on getting the Platinum" email for Second Son which I got like 3 years ago, weird.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah, I think it was just a glitch, the email I got for platinum in Bloodborne came to me like a week after I got it with a theme, but then I also got another email recently congratulating me for it with no reward attached.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Christ, how were people playing this game at all before

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It only gets that bad very rarely, like when half a dozen enemies spawn in with a bunch of particle effects.

...Or playing co op.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sakurazuka posted:

It only gets that bad very rarely, like when half a dozen enemies spawn in with a bunch of particle effects.

...Or playing co op.

Old yarhnam too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

...Or playing co op.

I think co-op only gets REALLY bad if you forget to stop ringing your bell.

Katana Gomai posted:

There's people still playing Ds1 on PS3 (I'm one of them :v:) and the frame rates in that can get to single figures in some areas so BB isn't that bad ;)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

PS4 has a sexy 4.50 firmware update coming, whose beta starts today, with some amazing new features:

:siren: PS4 Pro will now be able to boost all games, not just ones with a formal patch. :siren: That said, it sounds like this mainly means hitting framerate targets more often; a 30fps locked game will still be 30fps locked.
:siren: PS4 will now support external storage for games. :siren: Currently, hard drives must be USB 3.0, and must be between 250 gig and 8 tb in size. It's unknown still if multiple drives will be supported, or if these drives will be console-tied (for the record, Xbox One external storage isn't console-tied)
Other features include:

Custom Wallpapers

Quick Menu Refresh

Simplified Notification List

Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds

3D Blu-rays on PlayStation VR

This is a solid update. This is what I have been wanting from Sony for a long time now. They need to make more of these.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should fix custom folders so I don't have to use the media one with 12 ads in front the streaming services I actually own

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, rearranging them would be great. Also having custom folders be able to be a grid instead of a line would be awesome cause my folders are like 10-15 items deep now and it dont save time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Katana Gomai posted:

Frame rate always bothered me, not sure how others put up with it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I honestly never noticed a problem while playing Bloodborne :shrug:

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I honestly never noticed a problem while playing Bloodborne :shrug:

Could it be that you played the games before it? I did and was actually kinda shocked at how smooth Bloodborne was. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't notice framerate until it gets like under 20, which happened to me maybe twice in BB in 60 odd hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that comparison video seems weird because the example they used for the Original PS4 seems like an insanely extreme case, I've never had issues like that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think the only time I've had frame rate like that is if I stand inside the unseen village laser.

Do not stand inside the unseen village laser.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah that comparison video seems weird because the example they used for the Original PS4 seems like an insanely extreme case, I've never had issues like that.

Well, I guess if nothing else, it shows that if it can handle extreme circumstances that you won't see on the regular it can handle the normal occasional drops with room to spare.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I think the only time I've had frame rate like that is if I stand inside the unseen village laser.

Do not stand inside the unseen village laser.

Well that's just good advice in general

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Coop examples would be better. Thats where i see it most slow down. Also right inside old yarnham but thats nbd

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stuntman: Ignition probably coming as a PS2 Classic for PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I never played Ignition, but if they put the original as a PS2 Classic, I'll avoid it like the plague. Would literally rather get the plague than put myself through the frustration and stress because of how bullshit hard the original Stuntman is.