Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
People still use mumble in 2017? Get with the program, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

panda clue posted:

People still use mumble in 2017? Get with the program, folks.

The program is Mumble, and the people are with it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Faction War I see...

... how appropriate.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Dirty Mumble Gaijin...

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Seriously though, I used to be with the people bitching about Discord, saying "Why the gently caress do I need to install this on top of Mumble/TS/Ventrillo/gently caress?!". After using it for a bit however, it is pretty clearly far superior in almost every way possible to every other chat program, and will probably push the others out of the market in time (if it hasn't already?). This isn't console warrior bullshit, it is a statement of fact.

I label people that bitch about Discord as grognards at this point. I personally would never join a Mumble server (because I don't really enjoy chatting with random goons over voice), but I'd join a Discord just to be able to use the text chat, for sure.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yeah, Discord has totally replaced Mumble as my game VOIP of choice now.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
You can use discord on your phone so you can catch goons online while you poop.

Fashinated
May 21, 2003

nom nom nom
Here's the link to the SA Discord server for those unaware plebs: https://discord.gg/4We8J

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Anime as a hole

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Nobushi is so hot with her hat and face mask and burka-like clothing, gggrrrnnngghh oh yeah baby that's what i came for

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Prawned posted:

Nobushi is so hot with her hat and face mask and burka-like clothing, gggrrrnnngghh oh yeah baby that's what i came for

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

My favorite thing is when people on steam with anime avatars say they aren't weebs and that they just think the samurai faction is the coolest

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Prawned posted:

Man they really appear to have phoned-in any attempt at a story (no surprise) for the single-player. Hopefully the campaign is fun to play just for the sake of it, but really why bother make a single-player if you're not gonna have a decent go at it?

What on earth are you basing this on? Is there some lovely singleplayer video I've missed? All the cinematics and story intros look cool so far

I personally don't think it's gonna be amazing because as we all know, this is primarily an MP game... But like, Titanfall 2 had a decent SP campaign and it was also primarily an MP game. So we'll have to see I guess

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 4, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

OctaMurk posted:

Jesus christ, why. We already had a mumble channel, can we just not split people up even further?

i vastly prefer discord because it includes a chat which is good for those of us with busted mics. There's just no benefit to mumble at all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Speaking of mics, anyone recommend a good headset? The last one I got wasnt very good and then it broke

I need to be able to speak to my fellow goons and curse at them in Swedish for fucks sake

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Why does the open beta for this have to come out right after Nioh? I guess if the game isn't dead a month after release I'll have to do the steam refund demo thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whats nioh

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zzulu posted:

whats nioh

it's a PS4 only samurai dark souls game. looks kind of neat from streams

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

NeurosisHead posted:

it's a PS4 only

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:trumppop:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Speaking of mics, anyone recommend a good headset? The last one I got wasnt very good and then it broke

I recommend buying a nice pair of studio quality headphones and buying a separate mic. I've noticed that gaming headsets usually tend to be lovely made compared to high end headphones for the same price. And just throw a external mic on it of your choice.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Listen i was ok with vikings vs samurais. But black vikings and samurais, *my immersion*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vikings travelled all over the world. The vikings in this games story travelled even more. Who is to say they didn't assimilate a ton of different cultures along the way

Same with the other factions... The story is literally "the world blew up, everyone got wrecked! Three factions emerged dominant"

It's not european knights vs nordic vikings vs japanese samurai, those countries dont exist in the game

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh god im arguing with a jpg

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gonna roll with black lady characters on every class just to gently caress with this guy.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This is the kind of game that is going to attract the worst kind of grognards, and I'm really looking forward to laughing at them bitching about anything not white and male.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
black female berserker for sure

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I had already planned to go with a black female raider. My fetish is very specific yall.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If removing all of the black knights/vikings/samurai meant they added an African faction I'd be down with that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Vikings vs Knights vs Samurai vs Zulu

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't care what color your skin is as long as DEUS VULT.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PureRok posted:

I don't care what color your skin is as long as DEUS VULT.

GOTT MIT UNS

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BLACK vikings, samurai and knights are silly. Just so silly. Same as women vikings, samurai and knights. Silly women. You weren't ever any of those things. Just silly!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This is my Warden

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I'm looking into which version I want to bother getting, and the description of the Deluxe edition on the Steam store page is one of the most vague things I've ever read in a product description

quote:

Get the deluxe edition for access to exclusive day 1 content with the [Deluxe Pack]

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So help me I am actually considering pre ordering the gold edition

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wandle Cax posted:

Seems like the most honourable edition to order, checks out.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Wandle Cax posted:

Smoke executions and sunbeam emotes. I am what is wrong with video game consumers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I'm looking into which version I want to bother getting, and the description of the Deluxe edition on the Steam store page is one of the most vague things I've ever read in a product description