Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

amex is probably accepted at more merchants than discover

d i n e r s c l u b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

d i n e r s c l u b

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're gonna be using that in about 3 years after the chinese counterattack, better start learning your simplified chinese characters

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

logikv9 posted:

yeah but goons make everything worse

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if i had chuck todd's money, would i spend time posting here? gently caress no, i'd be watching my portfolio grow like somebody playing cookie clicker who bought his first autoclick.

that, and actually having a life.

I appreciate this imagery.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I nominate Jim Webb for Supreme Commander of the Rebel Armed Forces

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0a7KChaUyg

Pelosi pronounced (pay to lose-i) is leading hte Resistance full force

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Top City Homo posted:

Is this thing on!?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats 2017: Is somebody going to deal with this?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I think it was in this thread, someone linked an article about how before WWII German Liberals would refute Nazi claims about Jews being behind everything with logic, which totally missed the point of what the Nazi's were actually saying,if anyone has a link to that could they post it again?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Top City Homo posted:

lmfao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Concerned Citizen posted:

good lord you're dumb. the dnc voters are, by and large, the establishment. they are the same superdelegates that voted for hillary. if ellison runs on anti-establishment, he will lose, because the dnc will not vote against itself. this is why bernie's statement did not do ellison any favors. because it actually hurts him with the people whose votes he needs to win.

The DNC voters need to eat crow and take a good look at the world around them, or they are going to lose again and again and again. Catering to them instead of telling them firmly to reevaluate their priorities is just going to be hurt everybody.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

steinrokkan posted:

The DNC voters need to eat crow and take a good look at the world around them, or they are going to lose again and again and again. Catering to them instead of telling them firmly to reevaluate their priorities is just going to be hurt everybody.

good thing said DNC superdelegates don't need to care whether they win or lose since they get paid for doing what they're told, by people who are probably saying 'you know a second term of Trump would be pretty great, let's make sure he's running against somehow a bigger garbage fire than Clinton'

this is why i'm not putting it past them to somehow run Hillary, again, because some people stand to make a hell of a lot of money off upcoming deregulation

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm geig for Buttgeig

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm geig for Buttgeig

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm geig for Buttgeig

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the primary threads were terrible

I think if you look back you'll find the primary threads were actually really good and killing the Bernie threads was the nadir of the forums.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

I think if you look back you'll find the primary threads were actually really good and killing the Bernie threads was the nadir of the forums.

the primary threads were terrible and i posted alot in them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm geig for Buttgeig

geiggity geiggity :quagmire:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

the primary threads were terrible and i posted alot in them

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, the Bernie threads were good and the Dem primary thread was whatever kind of spray tan induced brain cancer Trump has

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the primary thread was terrible because it was where all the morons posted instead of the cool and good people posting in the Bernie thread

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gyra_Solune posted:

this is why i'm not putting it past them to somehow run Hillary, again, because some people stand to make a hell of a lot of money off upcoming deregulation
the last time we had a great depression the us dollar became practically worthless to trade against partners in europe :tipshat:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

they're going to continue to lose again and again and again, just like they have for the past fifty years

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah, the Bernie threads were good and the Dem primary thread was whatever kind of spray tan induced brain cancer Trump has

Strange how the Bernie thread was very chill, while the Bad Dem thread was overrun with smug know it all Fishmech types who argued it would be impossible for hillary to lose the general election.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
is c-spam stuck in a time loop or something

we've gone from relitigating last year's primary to arguing about the relative quality of last year's threads

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
in the primary, there were two bernie threads. one was named after hillary.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

etalian posted:

Strange how the Bernie thread was very chill, while the Bad Dem thread was overrun with smug know it all Fishmech types who argued it would be impossible for hillary to lose the general election.

I don't understand how or why people keep saying Bernie's supporters were the worst, because my only exposure to them was the excellent Bernie threads and the people posting inspirational memes and videos on my Facebook feed (contrasted to the Hillary people posting angry thinkpieces about how much they hated Bernie supporters twice a day)

Concerned Citizen posted:

in the primary, there were two bernie threads. one was named after hillary.

I think this says everything that really needs saying about the primary

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

ya lamo

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hillary stinks and bernie smells like mesquite smoke and integrity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

I don't understand how or why people keep saying Bernie's supporters were the worst, because my only exposure to them was the excellent Bernie threads and the people posting inspirational memes and videos on my Facebook feed (contrasted to the Hillary people posting angry thinkpieces about how much they hated Bernie supporters twice a day)

you just quoted one of the reasons haha

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

I can't help it if people know what's cool/good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Al! posted:

are we pretending that fishmech did not in fact post in the hillary thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no i meant etalian

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

One of the worst symptoms of Bernie Derangement Syndrome was unironically defending Fishmech and saying he was a good poster

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fishmech is a good poster when he's posting about things i don't give a gently caress about

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

fishmech is a good poster when he's posting about things i don't give a gently caress about
no he's still really loving bad in sh/sc, almost as bad as bob howard

loquacius posted:

One of the worst symptoms of Bernie Derangement Syndrome was unironically defending Fishmech and saying he was a good poster
that is probably one of the most hilarious things of this forum before the corncobbing happened

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Fishmech is a beautiful snowflake, the purest soul of all

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

no he's still really loving bad in sh/sc, almost as bad as bob howard

see i dont care about sh/sc so i can just ignore it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

im glad he's roaming in the prairies of DnD, in his natural enviroment grazing paragraphs to paragraphs of pedantry :unsmith:

loquacius posted:

I think this says everything that really needs saying about the democrat thread

Sure I guess, I mean I posted there in the Bernie thread a lot as a regular but I know enough not to be completely self absorbed and engaging other people who argue in bad faith just to prove a point. Like some people pretty much have always been chill and did this without much of the DnD condescension and angry 3 paragraph rebuttals because death is certain and moved on from a thread in a dead comedy website.

Like this thread is usually bad because it's all opinions and thinkpieces and no joke posting for the majority of it, I mean whatever it takes to contain certain people who don't really contribute other than smug pedantry is a-ok while people can come up with OC and funny poo poo in other threads :discourse: It's a very weird part of C-SPAM compared to the rest of its fast and casual environment. Shieeet, I mean Dem threads have been traditionally gassed for a reason. :chloe:

And furthermore, Bernie would have won because people are just that invested in posting.

thats my 3 paragraph rebuttal, I'd like some water, hold the ice please. Nothing to go, I'm not very peckish than you.

Free Matey

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Feb 4, 2017

• Locked thread