Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Guy Goodbody posted:

Companies really need to get started on making feathered T-Rex toys, so we can destroy all the existing, historically inaccurate unfeathered t-rex toys.

See I want the exact opposite. I love that Kickstarter for the Raptors except that they are feathered. Yes, I know it is likely inaccurate but damnit I want to live out my Savage Land/Jurassic Park fantasies. Hell give me some Joe Kubert looking Dinosaurs and I might be in love.

Other than Resaurus in the 00s I am amazed no one has ever done a line of 6 inch scaled Dinosaurs with good articulation. That seems like it would be a no brainer to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Zebulon posted:

Well, there's that kickstarter making feathered raptors at the moment. Maybe they'll move up and give it a try?

Those are 1/6 scale raptors though. I really doubt he's gonna make a toy thats human sized.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

vkeios posted:

Those are 1/6 scale raptors though. I really doubt he's gonna make a toy thats human sized.

Meh! Fudge the numbers a bit and you get roughly 2 feet and some inches tall, unless I fumbled things horribly. Wiki says a T-rex would be between 15' and 20' tall. That's within range of some Transformers releases like the original Fortress Maximus, the recent Metroplex and Fortress Maximus releases, or the upcoming Trypticon. And about twice that in length admittedly. It's certainly not practical for wide-market release, but it seems like the sort of thing you could make a go at kickstarting. Not saying it's practical or likely, but certainly not impossible.

Seems far more likely to be someone's insane DIY project that maybe ends up with kits cast from it later though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Guy Goodbody posted:

Companies really need to get started on making feathered T-Rex toys, so we can destroy all the existing, historically inaccurate unfeathered t-rex toys.
gently caress you, feathered dinosaurs are stupid and dumb and you can pry my Jurassic Park toys from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Zebulon posted:

Meh! Fudge the numbers a bit and you get roughly 2 feet and some inches tall

It'd be double that in length though. Dinosaurs are a lot longer than tall.

edit: you already said that, lol. that'll teach me to not read.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It is really depressing to see nerds that are so anti-science. Don't worry, pop culture will be churning out non feathered dinosaurs living alongside cavemen and Sabretooth tigers for decades to come. Hell maybe you can go to one of those Creationism museums and buy a toy from their gift shop and just forget about dumb old facts ruining your fun.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

vkeios posted:

Beasts of the Mezozoic! They're going to do ceratopsians next, but they're moving down to 1/18 scale after the raptors are done. Dinosaurs are just too big to do in 1/6 scale at any kind of reasonable cost.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

purple death ray posted:

Beasts of the Mezozoic! They're going to do ceratopsians next, but they're moving down to 1/18 scale after the raptors are done. Dinosaurs are just too big to do in 1/6 scale at any kind of reasonable cost.

So then why not do 1/12? What is this 1/18 poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feathers were rare and the majority of dinosaurs did not have them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Raptors were the size of turkeys.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Some silly store just leaked a whole mess of Marvel Legends waves:

Thor Ragnarok:
Thor
Odinson
Thor (movie)
Enchantress
Hela
Ares
Build-a-Figure - Executioner

Marvel Knights:
Daredevil
Punisher
Elektra
Jessica Jones
Blade (Comic)
Bullseye (Comic)

Guardians of the Galaxy Wave 2:
Adam Warlock
Deaths Head II
Gamora
Nebula
Rocket Raccoon
Star Lord
Build-a-Figure - Ex Nihlo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

3 Thors in one wave is pushing it a bit probably.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wonder if the knights figures will all be the new Netflix designs. I'd really dig a Daredevil with that design.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenomrph posted:

gently caress you, feathered dinosaurs are stupid and dumb and you can pry my Jurassic Park toys from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

Recent discoveries indicate that the T-rex wasn't just feathered, it was probably pretty fluffy. This is probably more accurate than Jurassic Park

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Enchantress again? Hela will probably be SDCC Hela with a slight repaint. That whole Thor wave looks super lazy. And only 6 figures too.

I hope Elektra is comic based. We need a good comic version of her and her TV show appearance was nothing special. Is there no BAF for this wave?

Not too impressed with these waves.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cocks Cable posted:

Enchantress again? Hela will probably be SDCC Hela with a slight repaint. That whole Thor wave looks super lazy. And only 6 figures too.

I hope Elektra is comic based. We need a good comic version of her and her TV show appearance was nothing special. Is there no BAF for this wave?

Well, it can be both. The current Elektra look is very influenced by her Netflix appearance.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cocks Cable posted:

Enchantress again?

I feel like a lot of this is driven by label politics and they want to just flood the market with Enchantress toys to undermine DC with her appearance in Suicide Squad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

I feel like a lot of this is driven by label politics and they want to just flood the market with Enchantress toys to undermine DC with her appearance in Suicide Squad.

Depending on how well the release dates line up, there could be Marvel's Ares figures on the shelves when Wonder Woman comes out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Playmobil is trash for adult collectors. They are just jumping on the bandwagon with the resurgence of Lego sets and Funko's Pop.

I predict it'll bomb out hard as the aesthetic is terrible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Depending on how well the release dates line up, there could be Marvel's Ares figures on the shelves when Wonder Woman comes out.

Oh wow, it's totally blatant, then. Not really surprising at all. It's kinda impressive that the Avengers are finally threatening the JLA's collective grip on pop culture prominence... I live in NYC and I seriously saw more kids dressed up in Marvel properties (I'm including Spider-Man, but not X-Men) than Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman over Halloween.

I feel like a large part of it, on top of the obvious fact that DC movies mostly suck by comparison, is just that the crazy grimdark costume designs don't lend themselves to kids' costumes as well... how many kids are you gonna see wearing fake sleeves and huge wigs to look like a roided out Aquaman? They're totally dropping the ball on the under 12 demographic because they've just forgotten that ultimately it's all that age groups' poo poo that actually maintains your popularity and makes you piles and piles of money.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

purple death ray posted:

It is really depressing to see nerds that are so anti-science. Don't worry, pop culture will be churning out non feathered dinosaurs living alongside cavemen and Sabretooth tigers for decades to come. Hell maybe you can go to one of those Creationism museums and buy a toy from their gift shop and just forget about dumb old facts ruining your fun.

If they made HQ Jurassic Park figures this wouldn't be an issue.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

Giant moving parts on robots are problematic, dinosaurs had feathers, and mankind will never crack interstellar space travel. Our childhood dreams are garbage. Hail Trump.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CelticPredator posted:

If they made HQ Jurassic Park figures this wouldn't be an issue.

It's ironic that Jurassic Park is now this bastion of Cool Dinosaurs since at the time, it was responsible for advancing the pop culture idea of dinosaurs beyond the slow moving, lived in swamps, cold blooded, walking up right with dragging tails version. Scientists had known this stuff was inaccurate for twenty years at that point. If Crichton was writing the book today 100% chance it would have feathered dinosaurs in it. I wonder if there were nerds in 1993 crying about how much cooler the dinosaurs in Land of the Lost were and how accuracy was dumb and ruining everything.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Thor Ragnarok:
Thor
Odinson
Thor (movie)
Enchantress
Hela
Ares
Build-a-Figure - Executioner

Marvel Knights:
Daredevil
Punisher
Elektra
Jessica Jones
Blade (Comic)
Bullseye (Comic)

Guardians of the Galaxy Wave 2:
Adam Warlock
Deaths Head II
Gamora
Nebula
Rocket Raccoon
Star Lord
Build-a-Figure - Ex Nihlo

I dunno if this list is real, as someone at Fwoosh seems to state the Guardia of the Galaxy wave 2 has Ex Nihlo as a regular figure and rumor of Ronan the BAF for that one.

No idea why Enchantress would get a third figure in one year time, through I imagine one of those Thors is Jane Foster.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

It's ironic that Jurassic Park is now this bastion of Cool Dinosaurs since at the time, it was responsible for advancing the pop culture idea of dinosaurs beyond the slow moving, lived in swamps, cold blooded, walking up right with dragging tails version. Scientists had known this stuff was inaccurate for twenty years at that point. If Crichton was writing the book today 100% chance it would have feathered dinosaurs in it. I wonder if there were nerds in 1993 crying about how much cooler the dinosaurs in Land of the Lost were and how accuracy was dumb and ruining everything.

No, there were not, because stompy chasey T-Rex and tactical razor foot ninja dinosaurs are awesome as gently caress, regardless of era. :colbert:

Rirse posted:

I dunno if this list is real, as someone at Fwoosh seems to state the Guardia of the Galaxy wave 2 has Ex Nihlo as a regular figure and rumor of Ronan the BAF for that one.

No idea why Enchantress would get a third figure in one year time, through I imagine one of those Thors is Jane Foster.

Hopefully with that comic Thor they pull a Capwolf and include a sweet Beta Ray Bill head along with Stormbreaker, but he'll probably have bare arms so that's not gonna happen. :smith:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 3, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jurassic Park was a big hit and every kid alive saw that.

It's really not hard to understand why people like the way those Dino's looked over what they actually look like.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I think a key feature that the JP dinosaurs had, at least that I liked, was 'dino damage'. T-Rex should be ripping a slab of meat off his prey.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Toyspark on Ebay is a legit seller, right? I got one of the new Yamaguchi Spider-Mans from him and didn't realize he was based out of Hong Kong until he shipped it (mind you he shipped it very quickly). Pre-ordering the Venom figure so I don't have to deal with this again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

99.6% positive with nearly 33k reviews, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Animale posted:

Toyspark on Ebay is a legit seller, right? I got one of the new Yamaguchi Spider-Mans from him and didn't realize he was based out of Hong Kong until he shipped it (mind you he shipped it very quickly). Pre-ordering the Venom figure so I don't have to deal with this again.

Venom is up? Well there goes some more of my money.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got my Hobgoblin BAF from ultraviolence123. Great dude! Thanks!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Got Thanos from ultraviolence. Time to make him pose menacingly for ten movies.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I got my Chlamydia from ultraviolence, would do again!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Got my Daredevil today from ultraviolence123. Shipping was insanely fast, and it was a better deal than I ever thought possible on the best DD figure so far, that I never saw at retail. He was even kind enough to ship it in a padded envelope, saving me a few bucks on shipping.

Thank you!

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Fuzz posted:

Wonder if the knights figures will all be the new Netflix designs. I'd really dig a Daredevil with that design.

Urgghh I just want a red comic DD that doesn't suck and doesn't cost $50

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Pretty sure the Marvel Knights wave will include Netflix styled ones, since they showed the Netflix Punisher and Jessica Jones figures back at SDCC 2016. http://thefwoosh.com/2016/07/sdcc-2016-marvel-legends-netflix-jessica-jones-punisher-and-more

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 4, 2017

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Man, Jessica Jones' body looks good but that face is awful. I wish i could swap the head with a figuarts or something.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I got my Chlamydia from ultraviolence, would do again!

Doctor said it would clear up soon

ultraviolence123 fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 4, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Donde Esta posted:

Urgghh I just want a red comic DD that doesn't suck and doesn't cost $50

Now that I've upgraded, I would sell you my older red comic Daredevil, which is loose but has tight joints and good paint. I don't have his base, but I do have his two-part billy club.

It's this one, from the Spider-Man Classics line:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/toybiz02.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Now that I've upgraded, I would sell you my older red comic Daredevil, which is loose but has tight joints and good paint. I don't have his base, but I do have his two-part billy club.

It's this one, from the Spider-Man Classics line:
http://www.comicbookbin.com/toybiz02.html

Ahh thanks, I've got like two of all the old ones in my "for customs" bin. I would customize a yellow Walgreens one, but I've been so busy lately.