Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

widespread posted:

One thing this game has that's similar to the mainline FE series: you have to handicap your damage to want to level up more than your powerhouses. Meaning "don't let the waifu on the dragon kill the enemies, let this Level 1 nerd who can't even Cure yet get the kill".

Except there's no Pay2Win "Beef my army up for me" DLC for this, soooo :shrug:

spend your nintendo coins on XP shards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Someone explain to me how the arena ratings work. My Offense is at 981 and Defense is 182, and I win game after game but my scores never seem to go up and I have no actual ranking. I'm also unclear what happens if I lose in the middle of a chain bonus.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

To the person who wanted to know how blue dragons fare against roughly equal-leveled Falchion users:

Still not too well :unsmigghh:

Also portrayed: a lifelong dream held while playing Awakening is now fulfilled

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 4, 2017

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

First reroll, I got 2 hinoka. Can you slot copies of characters onto your team?
Any time that ends in dunking nowi is a good time imo.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

is that good or bad for a phone game

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is there any character/skill list available yet? I kinda want to see what exists.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

General Morden posted:

is that good or bad for a phone game

it's strong

Heroes and Clash Royale had the same amount of day 1 downloads too, at 2m

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have a 3 star Gunter who just won't die ever and murders everything. It's hilarious.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

For as many people playing this game, that's actually... Not that good. In 2013 PAD was pulling in 6-7m per godfest. I'm sure many other mobile games have eclipsed that since.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Even though Awakening and Fates have dramatically expanded the series' popularity, Fire Emblem isn't nearly the kind of ubiquitous brand that Mario and Pokemon are, so for them to still do those kind of numbers on day 1 is pretty good. Does Super Mario Run have in-app purchases beyond the cost of buying the full game?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zotix posted:

For as many people playing this game, that's actually... Not that good. In 2013 PAD was pulling in 6-7m per godfest. I'm sure many other mobile games have eclipsed that since.

Why are you comparing an event in in a game already established for a year to a game's first day.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

What's the deal with the "Greet" button in the friend's list, and why is mine greyed out no matter what I do?

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 4, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Who is Corrin and why do they turn into Dialgia?

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

What's the deal with the "Greet" button in the friend's list, and why is mine greets outbno matter what I do?

Greet gives your friend a feather or two. When your friends greet you, you get a free feather.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nuebot posted:

They're the main chaarcter of Fire Emblem Fates. S/he has dragon blood. Actual dragon blood, not just a blessing from a dragon like many other characters in the series gets including like half the cast of Fates.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The best description of who Corrin is is that they are a doof

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Corrin's the main character of Fire Emblem Fates. He/She (you can pick their gender) can turn into a dragon. You usually get a dragon character or two in FE games, Corrin's the first time they're the main character

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Man, I need to pick up the 3DS games one day. Seriously though, I just fought a Corrin in the arena and his transformed sprite is a pokemon for sure.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
How many defenses have you guys done in the arena so far?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dr Pepper posted:

Corrin's the main character of Fire Emblem Fates. He/She (you can pick their gender) can turn into a dragon. You usually get a dragon character or two in FE games, Corrin's the first time they're the main character

it's also the first time the dragon character is worthless

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I rerolled and got a Marth which was sweet, but my other rolls are somewhat underwhelming for 4 stars. Jagen cannot tank for anything despite being a paladin, Cecilia is a mounted mage which is nice, but just so much weaker compared to Tharja who I had in a prior roll, and Tiki isn't a mage? She's a melee? Is this due to RNG stats or do some characters have a huge inherent stat advantage (e.g.Tharja who had crazy speed)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I've got 2, somehow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Tiki isn't a mage? She's a melee? Is this due to RNG stats or do some characters have a huge inherent stat advantage (e.g.Tharja who had crazy speed)

Dragons target Res, but they fight at melee. Some of them have Lightning Breath though, which allows them to counter even at 2 range.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Greet gives your friend a feather or two. When your friends greet you, you get a free feather.

Before autocorrect just hosed my poo poo up, the second part of my question was why my greet option has been greyed out since I've started. At first I thought it was something that'd fix itself with the daily refresh, but that didn't change anything.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Man, 5-star Corrin is... not that spectacular so far. Nice ATK/SPD, large thanks to the Yato, but nothing that really establishes him to be a mainstay just yet. If Ogma and Lon'qu don't dramatically start getting better I might just stick with him, even though I don't really like Corrin.

Clarste posted:

I killed him through the wall with Nino. 9-5 was way harder for me.

Agreed, any unit that can tank maybe a hit or two from him can just wail on him through the outside wall at the tip of his attack range with a backup healer or two. Just have your last one or two units near the chokepoint to handle the other units when they come out to greet you.

9-5 is just kind of a pain. I eventually one-shot the boss with a double counterattack from Hector, but if you don't have a good Res unit otherwise it's tough hitting the boss with melee units due to the map's layout.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I got bored of my 4-star guys and decided to start rerolling...

Is it true Lissa's available on the special map on Tuesday?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Before autocorrect just hosed my poo poo up, the second part of my question was why my greet option has been greyed out since I've started. At first I thought it was something that'd fix itself with the daily refresh, but that didn't change anything.

I don't know what makes it activate. Mine didn't activate after this reset either, but I've greeted people twice already. Do you have any friends?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So someone's managed to pull all the art/sound assets here.

If people want to just look at the character artwork (and laugh at Arthur's), they're available here.

(Also a good reference for 'is this unit in this game?').

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

~6 ranging between 200 and 230, all Japanese names

Speaking of crushing this pathetic game mercilessly, the altema tier list has been updated: http://altema.jp/fe-heroes/risemara

Takumi (understandably) now at the very top with Hector, who I haven't had much experience with. Robin has been extremely strong for me in arena simply because he disintegrates Takumis

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

This just baffles me. I would strongly consider putting in money but the orbs are so overpriced it's ridiculous.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cpaf posted:

~6 ranging between 200 and 230, all Japanese names

Speaking of crushing this pathetic game mercilessly, the altema tier list has been updated: http://altema.jp/fe-heroes/risemara

Takumi (understandably) now at the very top with Hector, who I haven't had much experience with. Robin has been extremely strong for me in arena simply because he disintegrates Takumis

Takumi, Hector and Ryoma are all high because of their ability to counter at any range. Takumi edges out Hector slightly because of his neutral coverage (Robin aside) and better movement, although Hector is much tougher to take down without possibly sacrificing a unit.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Takumi, Hector and Ryoma are all high because of their ability to counter at any range. Takumi edges out Hector slightly because of his neutral coverage (Robin aside) and better movement, although Hector is much tougher to take down without possibly sacrificing a unit.

Nowi as well, though she is noticeably lower in the list. It's only 48 hours into release I guess, but altema tier lists have generally been a pretty good guide of what is best

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
5* Lucina, 4* Gwendolyn, 3* Lissa... be pretty stupid to keep rerolling...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what's the best way to grind? I try smashing faces with people but I seemed to gaining very few exp

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best way to grind? I try smashing faces with people but I seemed to gaining very few exp

buy two castle upgrades and kill enemies that are higher level than your guys

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had been re-rolling to get better characters since I'd been up to chapter 8 and still didn't have a single Level 5. I rolled a Special Takumi and then just re-rolled because I didn't like him. Now I'm finding he's one of the two strongest characters in the game :downs:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

4. One more and I get the max bonus!

I'm also at well over 3k offense, and the last time it updated I was at rank 3k, so if all goes well I'll end the season with a big fat 4,6k feathers. Maybe even 5,1k if I manage to get into the top 1000 rankings in time and can stay there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
are you using money/recharges for references?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RealFoxy posted:

I had been re-rolling to get better characters since I'd been up to chapter 8 and still didn't have a single Level 5. I rolled a Special Takumi and then just re-rolled because I didn't like him. Now I'm finding he's one of the two strongest characters in the game :downs:

Cool characters > "top tier" characters