Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I don't think anyone here is in danger of ditching their life to become a yakuza or misguidedly supporting yakuza efforts so maybe we can go back to talking about this sweet-rear end video game I'm playing idk

e: oh no new page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Majima Plays Recettear is strangely addictive even though I know I'm never gonna use like 99% of these weapons because Yakuza games have beaten it into me that only scumbags fight with anything besides their fists/feet (I'm treating Majima's Bat as an extension of his arms in this case)

e: I actually have worked for former(?) Yakuza people, AMA (but not in the thread proper)

precision fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 4, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I like the kind way that Majima and the hostess look at each other when he gives her a napkin or whatever.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I like the kind way that Majima and the hostess look at each other when he gives her a napkin or whatever.

My favorite part is the thumbs up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish to God they'd do a Yakuza -1 set in the 70s

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fat Samurai posted:

For anyone who has trouble bowling, this is the best way I've found. Go with the lightest ball, start from the left and just mash X. Power 90+ and no spin will get a Strike 90% of the time.

EDIT: Nevermind, this one is better, because the lack of commentary and also the lack of Kiryu's shirt. :swoon:

Yeah I just bowled a 300 thanks to that second video.

So ummm how do I transfer stuff between guys in premium adventure?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

KingShiro posted:

Yeah I just bowled a 300 thanks to that second video.

So ummm how do I transfer stuff between guys in premium adventure?

Mr. Moneybags. Kiryu's in Bar Vincent and Majima's is in front of the Grand.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
They moneybags guys help you transfer stuff.

Also, I'm like 20 hours in and found no cheating items for minigames. Am I gonna have to actually gamble at roulette like a chump?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

precision posted:

I wish to God they'd do a Yakuza -1 set in the 70s
Starring old man Kazama and so on from the previous generation? That would be pretty awesome.

One problem I can forsee is that Kazama and others from that time apparently were just straight up hitmen, and that doesn't fit the theme of the series so far.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You know what would be cool is if the game had an iPhone/Droid companion like GTA5 and Assassins Creed and so forth had. Both businesses and the weapon agent system would be perfect for that, and you could tie it to your psn and get your money in the real game.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Half the time there's smartphone apps everyone hates that there's one at all, the other half everyone demands them. Never understand, really.

Either way that wouldn't feel very 80s at all so meh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Shakedown is an rear end.

I got him really low and then he got an aura and just one shot me. :(

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Don't let your health dip below 3/4 for long and absolutely do not stay on the ground / let yourself get stomped. The end.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I think at 'higher levels' he also gets a oneshot - when he's in red heat and shakes himself up before a charge, that's a grab and you absolutely want to avoid it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Samurai Sanders posted:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

My favorite part is the thumbs up.

The whole cutscene is the slickest loving thing. "You keep concentrating on the customer and keep the customer's attention on you, but we're both gonna take a half-second glimpse to show we know what's up and you're cleaning out his pockets :thumbsup: "

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Oh Yuki, you're so awkward and nobody likes you!" *Yuki effortlessly bilks $500,000 out of a rich dude.*

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm actually not sure what the max level is but Yuki's 35 and still climbing, so...

e: Also it took me a while to realize you can reassign people who've already sat down with a customer, so that can really help once you start getting people asking after specific girls. Also, a useful tip for the club battles: I'm pretty sure that anyone in Party Time is immune to the opponent's debuff effects, so spam that poo poo as soon as you can.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 4, 2017

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

projecthalaxy posted:

You know what would be cool is if the game had an iPhone/Droid companion like GTA5 and Assassins Creed and so forth had. Both businesses and the weapon agent system would be perfect for that, and you could tie it to your psn and get your money in the real game.

The game had a companion app for Vita in Japan where you could do coloseum fights and play super monkey ball.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

"Oh Yuki, you're so awkward and nobody likes you!" *Yuki effortlessly bilks $500,000 out of a rich dude.*
Getting money out of rich women that way was one of the many reasons 2 needs a remake badly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Stelas posted:

I'm actually not sure what the max level is but Yuki's 35 and still climbing, so...

e: Also it took me a while to realize you can reassign people who've already sat down with a customer, so that can really help once you start getting people asking after specific girls. Also, a useful tip for the club battles: I'm pretty sure that anyone in Party Time is immune to the opponent's debuff effects, so spam that poo poo as soon as you can.

Yeah, I was wrong on max level, I think it might be 40?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I just got the Dragon of Dojima style for Kiryu and the CP unlock for it.

... nobody warned me about how it's upgrade system worked and I feel like I am damned to max it out. And the other one. :eng99:

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, I was wrong on max level, I think it might be 40?
It's definitely 40.

82 hours and 49% completion later, I've finished it. loving hell that was great. I will be extremely surprised if it isn't in my top 3 by the end of the year.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Goddamnit Kiryu, get your mind out of the loving gutter for once. She's ten years old and certainly does not mean it in the way you think she means it.

Also stop flying off the track while you're at it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

So nice little bonus when the PS4 4.50 FW is out officially and you have a Pro, Boost Mode gives more consistent 60fps performance in the heavy areas of Kamurocho that tend to get a little framey.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zaa Boogie posted:

I just got the Dragon of Dojima style for Kiryu and the CP unlock for it.

... nobody warned me about how it's upgrade system worked and I feel like I am damned to max it out. And the other one. :eng99:

don't do it man, that poo poo maxes out at Level 99, YOU'LL DIE

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

"Okay, let's go out on a practice date."

Majima smashes the cue ball at 100% power, completely accidentally sinks the 9.

"Gosh Majima-san I learnt so much about pool!"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Stelas posted:

"Okay, let's go out on a practice date."

Majima smashes the cue ball at 100% power, completely accidentally sinks the 9.

"Gosh Majima-san I learnt so much about pool!"
At least he didn't teach her the way he teaches Kiryu things, by stabbing him over and over again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

At least he didn't teach her the way he teaches Kiryu things, by stabbing him over and over again.
What are Kiwami's fighting styles like outside of that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HGH posted:

What are Kiwami's fighting styles like outside of that?
He uses all his styles from 0 at various points.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
How long was that pizza man just standing there watching, why didn't he help

(this game is very good and very funny, please buy it)

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

How long was that pizza man just standing there watching, why didn't he help

(this game is very good and very funny, please buy it)

It's so good I accidentally bought it twice!

I'll be damned if I'm returning the physical copy though.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

CharlestonJew posted:

don't do it man, that poo poo maxes out at Level 99, YOU'LL DIE

That wouldn't be so bad.

... the problem is that apparently it maxes at level 999. :aaa:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Majima gets great side stories and because he doesn't have to be stoic stiff face man, he has great reactions and comments about everything.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The intro to Chapter 3 is some goooood poo poo

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Ryuga Death posted:

Majima gets great side stories and because he doesn't have to be stoic stiff face man, he has great reactions and comments about everything.

I dunno, being stoic stiff face man about things can also be a great reaction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

The intro to Chapter 3 is some goooood poo poo

I really love how this is a near-universal opinion I've seen in multiple threads.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

RandallODim posted:

I dunno, being stoic stiff face man about things can also be a great reaction.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. Stoic stiff face reactions is great, too. Though it seems like both Majima and Kiryu suffer from the same obliviousness when it comes to women in this game.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Aren't they both like 20 and total dorks anyway, who hang around men all day or only know Women from hookups or the sex trade?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So how do I get weapons for Kiryu? Can't put them in the shared item box and can't go into the weapon shop in Sotenbori as him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

KingShiro posted:

So how do I get weapons for Kiryu? Can't put them in the shared item box and can't go into the weapon shop in Sotenbori as him either.

A weapons shop opens up for him in chapter 6, I believe.

Location: It's a shop near the Empty Lot area in the middle of the map.