Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i am now ready to move on to timber and Squall + Zell sports ~3000hp and around 70str and they're all sub lvl12. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

ulvir posted:

i am now ready to move on to timber and Squall + Zell sports ~3000hp and around 70str and they're all sub lvl12. :allears:

hell yeah

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

FF8 was always kinda weird to me, the atmosphere (you drive A CAR?????), but I still love it. i'd only played FF6 before it. even with the crazy orphan plot I can barely remember. I got stuck on disc 3 looking for something while cruising in a Garden. time to give this classic another spin.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Should I take the look further and find an open coat and a shorter skirt like the real Carmen? Or is this fantasy interpretation good enough?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know what I expected going into the secret dungeon of FFXV but it definitely wasn't what was there. The entire thing was amazing and I would play an whole game like that. I might go as far as to say that it was the best and most interesting part of the whole game. Give that dungeon designer a team, Square-Enix.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

frank.club posted:

my mom caught me playing my brothers copy of ff8 and banned me from t rated games until metroid prime came out

lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
my mom tried to ban me from playing 'violent video games' as a kid after she watched me playing Streets of SimCity

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My mum smashed my ps2 with a stomp when she saw me pick up a prostitute in vice city.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Who fixed my avatar?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i thought i was getting slick switching the blood off in goldeneye during a sleepover tog et around the T rating but then my dad came downstairs and made us play diddy kong racing

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

also one time he found me and my friend watching rollerball and said it was too violent and we shouldnt be watching that and he switched it to espn and it was showing a hockey fight

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
My ff15 experience so far

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Skylark posted:

lmao yeah

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Skylark posted:

Would

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Skylark posted:

LOL

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yakuza 0.jpg

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I like that Noctis's first reaction to the carnival is a very sullen "What the hell is this..."

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

HORMELCHILI posted:

also one time he found me and my friend watching rollerball and said it was too violent and we shouldnt be watching that and he switched it to espn and it was showing a hockey fight

sweet

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The carnival stuff is pretty neat. I'd really like it if the concept of limited time events in games, single player games in particular, got killed off immediately

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't have time to unlock the dozens of limited time items and goodies and see the limited time levels and maps that pop up each year in Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest VII, Battlefield, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Hitman, Rocket League, Hearthstone, Gears of War 4, Diablo III, Metal Gear Solid V, Halo 5, CSGO, Payday 2, and many more, now and in the future. Dear video game developers: stop this bullshit or gently caress off!!!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Like this, I really would have loved these Company of Heroes 2 vehicle skins, but I had no idea this promotion existed until yesterday and now I can never get them. gently caress it all!!!! I paid full price for a game where you can't unlock like half the poo poo in it because of time limitations!! FffFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like it in Hitman but otherwise agreed.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

just beat ffxv so good. i saw the smrpg composer lady's name in the credits which made sense cause the music was the best its been in ages imo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zas posted:

just beat ffxv so good. i saw the smrpg composer lady's name in the credits which made sense cause the music was the best its been in ages imo

I really really really like Somnus, the main theme that keeps popping up in part and in whole throughout it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's a double-edged sword having all the old soundtracks. It's a super cool extra thing, but it almost detracts from the stellar OST 15 already has.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I like it in Hitman but otherwise agreed.

i dont mind it but i think after the game is fully complete and everyone is done playing it they should let u unlock the stuff offline, whenever.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
My mom threw out my Killer Instinct for the SNES, along with the VHS tapes of the first episodes of Transformers and TMNT.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The FF14 soundtrack is starting to go up in my rankings for best final fantasy music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Foxhound posted:

My mom threw out my Killer Instinct for the SNES, along with the VHS tapes of the first episodes of Transformers and TMNT.

I see.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

The FF14 soundtrack is starting to go up in my rankings for best final fantasy music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k
The takes on classic FF music are excellent.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i listen to a chill mix of ffxiv tunes a lot at work so i agree

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
FF 30 years sale on PSN right now. should i pick up 8 or 9?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

9 is an amazing game. I'm not the biggest fan of 8 but it's a very weird experience at least

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're both worth playing but 9 is the better game overall

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'd also say 9 over 8 but 8 has probably the best music of the entire series

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'd also say 9 over 8 but 8 has probably the best music of the entire series

truth ,but at least you can listen to fishermans horizon on the FFXV car radio forever . I love 8 because it was my first FF but i don't know if i'd defend it or recommend it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
8 is unique but 9 is miles better imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're also on sale on steam, I bought 9. I think I've played the opening of that game a dozen times. It might be my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

9 if you want a really enjoyable traditional RPG experience, 8 if you want to play a card game and gently caress around with minmaxing a bunch of crazy Final Fantasy RPG systems.