Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I consider it divine intervention if I don't get a matchmaking error after every single game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I consider it divine intervention if I don't get a matchmaking error after every single game.

We're back to February 2016, when we had those absurd bugs like enemy player positioning being all hosed up so you'd be sneaking up on a dude and whoop he was actually looking directly at you. Any time somebody joined your squad you needed to sacrifice a virgin to make sure there were no matchmaking errors.

Goon squads were never full as a result. :smithicide:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Casual owns right now if you're playing with a group of 4-5. 24/7 newb stomp.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The defender operators being not government organization members and stuff would have been cool.

I thought about that too. But it'd be kind of politically weird though. You got your Fake Taliban guy, your Fake PIRA guy. I guess they could have put their Asscreed disclaimer at the title screen about many faiths and what not but that's a goddamn hornets nest they probably didn't wanna kick.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Casual owns right now if you're playing with a group of 4-5. 24/7 newb stomp.

My team of 3 bronze 2 silver just got matched in ranked with 5 guys level 5 or lower (and not smurfs) it was a bloodbath

round 1 we fuzed 4 of them in the first 10 seconds for instance.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I was in a group where I was the lowest at gold 4 and we were getting single digit opponents

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I loving love quirky moments that happen in this game. It was an intense round but we completely wiped the Attacking team, it was 5v1 and the last guy was Montagne. I bump into him in the hallway and take potshots. He just backs away, fully deployed. I run after him and he's energetically shaking his head "no" at me. So I shake it back. A beautiful friendship then blossomed. We just chilled outside, danced around, wiggled, it was hilarious.

I told the rest of the team to come join us outside for a party and it was just 5 of us surrounding him, going prone and standing up. It was beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9lZtwW2v0A

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Join my first match in ages. Two of the three people on my team, not including myself, have Trump avatars. Is this online gaming from now on?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NgKMYeQWGQ

Noobs

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Everytime I think I'm getting bored of this game, I'm really just gettin burnt out on playing the same op too much

a fighting game style "random" option in casual would be rad tbh if it excluded recruit :rolldice:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I know this is Siege thread but I'm sure there are a fair amount of people checking out the Wildlands Beta this weekend.

Here's some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UddhCKgY0s

Hard fix this game.

Now back to Siege...

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So I just bought the game after playing a few matches and really liking it. But is this server issue a common thing? Or Just because they thought it a good idea to do a huge beta and a free weekend together? It's kind of lovely buying a game and then not being able to play it.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/827642176813355008

well that's a lie

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 4, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Check you NAT, I was playing just fine, but a few of my pals were having issues

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I don't know why we've always gotten free weekends (barring the first one in December 2015) that drop right around betas for other games or big patches for other games, it just tanks the whole server infrastructure.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Join my first match in ages. Two of the three people on my team, not including myself, have Trump avatars. Is this online gaming from now on?

Yeah Gamergate types really latched on because he speaks to their incel mind.

Servers were really hosed yesterday. I don't know why Ubi decided to have a beta and a free weekend on the same dates but I assume it is because of their faith in their terrific online services.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
There was a short look at the new characters on the Invitational stream. Mira's glass is a 1 way mirror, she's 3 armor and gets C4. Jackal gets 3 primaries, and can ping the footprints with a button to reveal them to the whole team. Both characters get a shotgun secondary weapon. Also the next elite skin is Rook.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

sdr782 posted:

Also the next elite skin is Rook.

new model looks good:

gimme elite fuze/smoke/iq tia

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Twitch toggle-visor and notifications similar to jackal need to happen

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sdr782 posted:

There was a short look at the new characters on the Invitational stream. Mira's glass is a 1 way mirror, she's 3 armor and gets C4. Jackal gets 3 primaries, and can ping the footprints with a button to reveal them to the whole team. Both characters get a shotgun secondary weapon. Also the next elite skin is Rook.

Mira gets 2 charges of her one-way mirror, it can be broken by Hibana/Thermite. She's also 1 speed, while Jackal is 2 speed 2 armor.
Rooks elite skin is basically THE FURY and it's awesome.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

so apparently you can kill people with the impact of smoke grenades?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvQtYjzYUU

i still set it off anyway :350:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I really suck at this game but want to get better. It's just really hard to get better when 80% of my games are absolute steamrolls because the enemy team is way more competent.

I decided to try ranked out and even there I suck. I haven't played my first 10 matches of ranked yet, but I hope when I do, it drops me waaaaay down to babby tier so I can actually enjoy the game playing against people of my own level. First ranked game ever it matched me against a 5-man clan and it was a slaughter.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHkCN8i2DTY

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
https://clips.twitch.tv/rainbow6/MagnificentKuduDBstyle

please don't ty

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Ubisoft really needs to get its poo poo together. I've never played any other "big" game with such unreliable servers, longer match making times, or frequent glitches. Sometimes the screen goes blue just for the fun of it, sometimes you get shot through a window that was closed, but the enemy could inexplicably see right through like nothing was there, sometimes it takes 5 minutes for the game to find a single other person in the whole world who is looking for a match. Just now I was playing, my ping was perfectly fine - one second I'm deciding between sledge or twitch, the next second I'm back at the boot up screen for the game?? Like no error or disconnection warning, not even a black buffer frame. One frame I'm in game, the very next frame I'm back to the very first titles screen of the game??? Ubisoft pls.

That said, this game is stupid garbage and I can't stop playing it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Ubisoft really needs to get its poo poo together. I've never played any other "big" game with such unreliable servers, longer match making times, or frequent glitches. Sometimes the screen goes blue just for the fun of it, sometimes you get shot through a window that was closed, but the enemy could inexplicably see right through like nothing was there, sometimes it takes 5 minutes for the game to find a single other person in the whole world who is looking for a match. Just now I was playing, my ping was perfectly fine - one second I'm deciding between sledge or twitch, the next second I'm back at the boot up screen for the game?? Like no error or disconnection warning, not even a black buffer frame. One frame I'm in game, the very next frame I'm back to the very first titles screen of the game??? Ubisoft pls.

That said, this game is stupid garbage and I can't stop playing it.

Same, op

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Basticle posted:

My team of 3 bronze 2 silver just got matched in ranked with 5 guys level 5 or lower (and not smurfs) it was a bloodbath

round 1 we fuzed 4 of them in the first 10 seconds for instance.

Playing alone however bloooows. Somehow all my team mates are level 10 or below, while the whole other team is 80+. Cant they have a few noobs? I have plenty to spare. They were like literally 12 years old, they kept telling me stuff like "go in, go in now hurry, no one is in the hallway! (there was)" while there's still like two minutes left and I'm the last alive. So I peek in the drone hole to look for feet and the whole team is yelling at me like "are you kidding me dude, you know you cant crawl through that, right?!" Can't wait until this weekend is over haha.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Casual can either be toxic as gently caress or the best fun you'll ever have. I had a round tonight where I picked Ash, and some guy says over mic "Give me Ash" in a really dickish way. I was gonna say sure, but then his 12 year old angry-german-kid accomplice pipes up with "if you don't give Ash, I will kill you". I mic'd and told them to go gently caress themselves for being rude cunts. Next round, I get killed. Following round, I get killed. Final round, I kill both of them. Assholes like that need to be banned.

Playing with a team is way better. It makes games much more fun cause you actually coordinate.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just had a glitch where my breaching charges and gadgets were grayed out and I couldnt select them during the action phase.

Then a few rounds later the servers poo poo the bed for good so I think I'm done with this garbage game until monday.

*edit*

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/828071396878196737

HARD

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 5, 2017

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Poor hard. Everyone yells at him to fix the game. Then he does, and they're still yelling.

Hard I love you and hate you for this stupid game. But mostly love. :bigtran:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Sorry guys free weekend + invitational + wildlands closed beta seems rough on Ucantplay.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man if only there was a service they could use that could handle the strain...

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

"you know how we have notoriously bad server problems?"

"yeah"

"should we like, make it worse on purpose?"

"yeah lol"

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Poor hard. Everyone yells at him to fix the game. Then he does, and they're still yelling.

Hard I love you and hate you for this stupid game. But mostly love. :bigtran:

If Hard didn't want to get yelled at, he could have made a stupid garbage game that no-one liked. Instead, he made this awesome thing that we all love.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

"you know how we have notoriously bad server problems?"

"yeah"

"should we like, make it worse on purpose?"

"yeah lol"

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG3Amd58WI8

Lootboxes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Looks rad

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So basically, "we're finally catching up to Overwatch."

:negative: There's just no way I can win...

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The best kind of lootboxes. All of this looks amazing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Am I alone in really not wanting lootboxes, then? We already got renown for playing the game which we could spend on items (always more items. Gun skins, headgear, uniforms, gloves when?). It adds nothing, besides taking away our ability to choose what we want. Seems like pointless bloat to fit the model of what every competitive game these days is about, when being unique was what really made Siege stand out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I know I'm technically Canadian, Hard, but I'm still confused why Uplay is showing me prices in CAD instead of GBP. :v:

• Locked thread