Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Once the next step of difficulty comes out we will get 6 Rosetta Stones per event, provided you can beat the Ruin+ boss which I guess if you're new you probably can't. That's a little ways off though. But eventually it won't be hard to max out augments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The correct use of Rosetta Stones is to hoard them like a greedy dragon, never letting a single one of your shinies to go to waste.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I use Rosetta stones on either 8* weapons or native 5* weapons that boost elements. My 8* +30 Curtana is siiiiiiiiick :getin:

Edit: raises are good in multiplayer. One time I brought an R1 Phoenix and it saved our main healer because they got gibbed on turn 1.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 4, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i see curaise kill people as often as it saves someone. when a big AoE comes in, it's better to have 7 people at full health than 6 at full and two redlined.

sure you could target it to avoid that, but no one ever does.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Curaise is fine lol jesus

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prav posted:

i see curaise kill people as often as it saves someone. when a big AoE comes in, it's better to have 7 people at full health than 6 at full and two redlined.

sure you could target it to avoid that, but no one ever does.

You could also have more than one white mage in your team, and have those white mages have skill diversity.

I probably wouldn't rely on Curaise in a pubbie team, no, same way that I hesitate to bring Y'shtola to pub teams despite having Asylum out of the fear that someone will expect me to drop Stoneskin II -- which I don't have.

Basically, expect pubbies to never check your skill/SB loadout; expect them to assume you're a hyperwhale that will do The Right Option at all times regardless of if you have it or not.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I have a level 99 Onion Knight

I have an Onion Knight BSB

I do not have Onion Knight motes

I killed Ahiriman once and it took a long time. Talk to me about killing Ahriman efficiently so I can farm OK to uber tier.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Golbez SSB for my $1 pull.

I'll take it.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

victrix posted:

I killed Ahiriman once and it took a long time. Talk to me about killing Ahriman efficiently so I can farm OK to uber tier.

What other synergy gear do you have for FF3?

If you have a good physical weapon, consider using Luneth BSB RW

If you have a good magic weapon, consider using Alphanerd BSB RW

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

victrix posted:

If it's any help the Cloud of Darkness event is in just over 2 months and you can get onion motes from that :shobon:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Curaise is fine lol jesus

Not in the FFT raid. Some pubbie kept casting it, and every time he did, 3 seconds later Cuchulainn would AoE Bio and kill the raised person. Then the same pubbie would do it again. This happened 5 times in a row. How do people not learn?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

flowinprose posted:

What other synergy gear do you have for FF3?

If you have a good physical weapon, consider using Luneth BSB RW

If you have a good magic weapon, consider using Alphanerd BSB RW

For weapons, just Luneth's Lust Dagger.

Current party I'm running is Luneth at 494 atk, Terra with her OSB and enfire SSB at 495 mag, so I don't know which of those two RWs would be stronger. I'll go add a pile from rkc and try them each once I guess.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

victrix posted:

Blind and poison him. Makes the fight a ton easier.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

victrix posted:

Current party I'm running is Luneth at 494 atk, Terra with her OSB and enfire SSB at 495 mag, so I don't know which of those two RWs would be stronger. I'll go add a pile from rkc and try them each once I guess.

If you can set it up like so:

Terra
Second Mage
Some support to debuff (full break and Magic breakdown ideally)
Healer
Something else

just RW Alphinaud's BSB on the two mages, because of the quick cast you will poo poo all over him.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Swapped my RW over to Luneth's BSB for anyone who needs help with Ahriman. e5R5

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

victrix posted:

What I would recommend then is using Luneth and RW his own BSB, then once the BSB commands wear off, use his SB bar to do his SSB from the Lust Dagger which will benefit from the en-wind from the BSB. Then you can recast the BSB from RW and repeat. The SSB cast alone will probably do upwards of 60k damage.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 5, 2017

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

flowinprose posted:

What I would recommend then is using Luneth and RW his own BSB, then once the BSB commands wear off, use his SB bar to do his SSB from the Lust Dagger which will benefit from the en-wind from the BSB. Then you can recast the BSB from RW and repeat. The SSB cast alone will probably do upwards of 60k damage.

This is the correct strategy. Swordshower is a very, very good SSB as long as you have boostga. If you ha e one, consider equipping him with a +damage RM also, like +dagger (locke), +wind (butts) or bonus vs weakness (tyro)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just had a D200 Cuchulainn fight where Eiko used reraise SSB at the start, and the boss landed so many insta KOs THROUGH affliction break and major KO resist that we finished the fight with 5 dead

Also 2 of the 3 Healers got silenced and everyone got slept at some point, the awake characters were all slowed

:thumbsup:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Just had a D200 Cuchulainn fight where Eiko used reraise SSB at the start, and the boss landed so many insta KOs THROUGH affliction break and major KO resist that we finished the fight with 5 dead

Also 2 of the 3 Healers got silenced and everyone got slept at some point, the awake characters were all slowed

Sadly, Affliction Break is not perfect. :(

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Beasteh posted:

:wtc: his instant death attack only has like 6% chance to hit BASE

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

flowinprose posted:

:wtc: his instant death attack only has like 6% chance to hit BASE

Just think, with affliction break and major resist each of those instant KOs were about as likely as pulling an OSB in a 1-pull. So lucky!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I had the opposite experience and steamrolled him with a team that had no affliction break / esuna users at all, and nobody got hit with anything but poison and sleep. I dunno if everyone but me was wearing debuff resistance gear or if we just got really lucky, but it was really weird reading about everyone having a lot of trouble with him afterward.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

U-DO Burger posted:

Just think, with affliction break and major resist each of those instant KOs were about as likely as pulling an OSB in a 1-pull. So lucky!

I have no idea what FFRK's pRNG is like, but it is amazingly swingy and/or gets "stuck" with AoE procs, considering Apocalypse Greg also had a tendency to punch through three to five people per Zantetsuken even with major resist.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Don't give me that "..." stamp, maybe my Vaan could do something more than smack Cuchalain for 600 damage if you'd waited until I hit the "I'm ready" button

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 5, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
:staredog:
Golbez melts everything.

Just finished my first + battle! But I'm looking at "The Dragon in the Moon ++" and have no clue if I can pull it off. Are there any Poison/NE OSBs or BSBs that it'd be possible to spam and cheat my way to at least the completion prize MC2 Lode? Otherwise just taking a team of mages and crafting a bunch of Biogas for them? I've mostly been relying on Golbez annihilating everything up to this point in the event.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

:staredog:
Golbez melts everything.

Just finished my first + battle! But I'm looking at "The Dragon in the Moon ++" and have no clue if I can pull it off. Are there any Poison/NE OSBs or BSBs that it'd be possible to spam and cheat my way to at least the completion prize MC2 Lode? Otherwise just taking a team of mages and crafting a bunch of Biogas for them? I've mostly been relying on Golbez annihilating everything up to this point in the event.

Definitely don't do that.

Get shellga + protects up.
Get your highest mag guys to RW vessel of fate (onion knight), use the second command, swiftspell, and spam until dead.

Should be doable!

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Inge posted:

Definitely don't do that.

Get shellga + protects up.
Get your highest mag guys to RW vessel of fate (onion knight), use the second command, swiftspell, and spam until dead.

Should be doable!

Do this. I used RW quistis and it was a pain in the rear end. OK gives a magic buff and haste, and will do more damage thanks to fastcast. It's a much better idea.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thats great, I wouldn't have thought of that! I'll see if I can find one when my stamina replenishes.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I can provide a IV-specced BSB Quistis for a day or two. Add "H3WR".

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thats great, I wouldn't have thought of that! I'll see if I can find one when my stamina replenishes.

I've got one at ew1W, but honestly they're pretty much everywhere.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the RW, unfortunately it seems neither of them were able to do the trick. I just couldn't burn the dragon down fast enough even with Haste from OK or auto-haste from the Orlandeau RM and the boosts, so I think I probably just need to grind out the Sunday dungeons to get everyone some higher levels. I tried bringing Tyro in to dance the Dragons MAG/RES down for the Mastery as well without getting countered, but no luck.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Maybe that's just the case. Don't be afraid to bust your eggs out either

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Running the Sunday Dungeons let me get Golbez to 65 so I could break his level cap a second time, and he finished mastering his BSB and SSB for a big MAG boost. Not enough motes to begin record diving him though. I've got Fusoya and Palom both not too far behind him- if I can get my hands on some more upgrade materials I should be able to start combining all those Asura Rods to create a more terrifying weapon for Palom as well.

So hopefully I can take another crack at the Dragon in a couple days when I've got their stats boosted quite a bit. Survivability wasn't a real issue, mostly running out of efficient/worthwhile actions after the Burst Mode faded and I'd exhausted most of my spells. Dragon was down to about 15-20% when I ran out of juice.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Golbez BSB owns because he is an immortal backrow tank who Stoneskins himself and drains 7999 HP per turn

:getin:

ewFR for IV geared +40% Holy Raines for the CM tonight

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Golbez BSB owns because he is an immortal backrow tank who Stoneskins himself and drains 7999 HP per turn

:getin:

ewFR for IV geared +40% Holy Raines for the CM tonight

Cool, thanks for the RW, this is going to be a bloodbath

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I've been playing like 2 weeks pretty casually and I have a couple of questions. I just created Protectga and Shellga and I was wondering if there is a way to tell when they are active other than by looking at damage numbers? Also, do Rosa's Miracle and Ovelia's Divine Ward stack? The buff the same things but Ovelia's has an additional effect. I think they don't stack? Both of them do stack with the Protectga and Shellga though, right?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Artic Puma posted:

I've been playing like 2 weeks pretty casually and I have a couple of questions. I just created Protectga and Shellga and I was wondering if there is a way to tell when they are active other than by looking at damage numbers? Also, do Rosa's Miracle and Ovelia's Divine Ward stack? The buff the same things but Ovelia's has an additional effect. I think they don't stack? Both of them do stack with the Protectga and Shellga though, right?

In order:

• Protect and Shell actually do have a visual tell. One of them makes a character affected by it pulse green, the other makes them pulse yellow. I forget which is which but it's pretty obvious when you know what to look for.
  • Miracle and Divine Ward do not stack.
  • Miracle and Divine Ward also don't stack with Protect and Shell because they actually provide Protect and Shell.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
^Thanks! That sucks that none of that stuff stacks.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Re: Stacking.

Protect and Shell are special cases. They're treated as positive status effects. You can't have two Protect active, like how you can't be Blind twice.

This does however mean that they stack with actual straight stat buffs. Something that provides +Def% will stack with Protectga just fine.

Usually in FFRK logic, identical stat boosts will not stack, but Protect/Shell break this rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
I wish I had a reasonable excuse to take a shot at Rydia's OSB tonight, but I don't. The Ult+ CM should be simple as hell: Cid Raines RW and Power Breakdown. Phooey...

Also, random dumb thought: an Ultimate-level boss battle against that spoony bard, Edward. Dumb, yes, but I think DeNA could make that poo poo interesting.

• Locked thread