Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a way to see what IP address an ISP has cached in their DNS records for a specific domain? Long story short, I have a client who registered their domain with a crappy company who changed their namesevers without telling anyone. They've been changed back, but AT&T seems to be taking forever to update their cached records and the client is getting anxious. I'm wondering if there's some tool I can use to say, "look, here's the IP address AT&T has cached – it's wrong!" ... something other than pinging the domain on an AT&T connection.

Any ideas?

e: Never mind, I tethered to my phone and did a nslookup.

kedo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnien
Jul 4, 2003
Champion of the World!!!

Data Graham posted:

Use the "| safe" template tag.

That worked great! Thank you!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So what is more beneficial in all of your opinions? RAM or CPU? My box has half the ram of one of my Pi3Bs, but double the clock speed. The Pi is the reverse, but has easily expandable storage and doesn't cost me 5 bucks a month. Is it worth it to keep paying, or will the lowered clock speed heavily impact the user experience on my site(s)?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Warbird posted:

So what is more beneficial in all of your opinions? RAM or CPU? My box has half the ram of one of my Pi3Bs, but double the clock speed. The Pi is the reverse, but has easily expandable storage and doesn't cost me 5 bucks a month. Is it worth it to keep paying, or will the lowered clock speed heavily impact the user experience on my site(s)?

What about bandwidth and network transfer rates? Also the geographic location may be a factor in connection latencies. With Digital Ocean I can have a server anywhere with a decently thick pipe. With even a very beefy computer, I'd be limited to 50 kilobytes per second of upload of my home connection. Then there are the bandwidth limit concerns... I just fork over the 5$ and sleep easy that the system won't keel over if it becomes popular for whatever reason. I can always just throw a few more cores at the problem.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That's an excellent point I hadn't considered. That plus the clocking in the processor are likely worth the $5 imo.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Warbird posted:

In addition to what No Gravitas said, you're probably paying more than $5 a month in electricity to run a computer. :)

Just use Digital Ocean, it's cheap and easy. A few years ago I wouldn't have said that, but the service is actually really good now.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We're talking about a Pi here so it'd likely be closer to $5 per year, but you're right. I'm already using DO and have been pretty happy with them so far.

But enough about me being happy, back to banging my head against anything readily available! VS Code's Chrome Debugger is giving me fits. I think I had screwed up some IIS stuff, but that's been resolved now (I hope). Hopefully it's just a matter of me having my launch .json file messed up.
code:
{
     "version": "0.2.0",
     "configurations": [
          {
               "type": "chrome",
               "request": "launch",
               "name": "Launch Chrome against localhost",
               "url": "http://localhost:8080",
               "diagnosticLogging":true,
               "webRoot": "${workspaceRoot}"
          },
          {
               "request": "attach",
               "name": "Attach to Chrome",
               "port": 9222,
          }
     ]
}
Launch opens a tab, but localhost refuses to connect. Attach tries to connect to some open tabs, but doesn't appear to actually do anything. At least I'm not getting any outright errors anymore. Any suggestions on what to try?

For reference, Working directory contains: VSCode folder, sounds folder with some .wavs, index.html, and a css page. I was hoping that the workspaceRoot stuff would be modular enough to not need modifying, but it seems not to be the case.

EDIT

code:
{
     "version": "0.2.0",
     "configurations": [
          {
               "request": "launch",
               "name": "Launch Chrome against localhost",
               "url": "http://localhost:8080",
               "webRoot": "${workspaceRoot}",
               "file": "${workspaceRoot}/index.html"
          },
          {
               "request": "attach",
               "name": "Attach to Chrome",
               "port": 9222,
          }
     ]
}
has things working for launching against localhost. I have no idea why, but I think I'm ok with it.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 1, 2017

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hunkered down yesterday and learned how to make Firefox extensions to could make good on an idea that turned up a year or so ago. What comes next after the Firefox MDN two tutorials? Because after spending a bunch of hours working on stuff, it seems like there are still some things getting in the way of completing this mini-project.

Does anyone know what to Google or whatever in order to learn how to create panels and whatnot? Because the old Firefox SDK apparently had that stuff built into it, but now that we're supposed to just use the WebExtension stuff it's not obvious anymore how to extract a <div> from a remote webpage and import it into the current tab as a sort of pop-up panel.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
So I'm not sure if I should be posting here or in the PHP thread, but man, I really dislike the vagrant style of working. Like, nice concept, frustrating to work with. I'm using Laravel, with their Homestead VM, and I've spent more time fighting with the tools than I have coding! Node.js is janky, and adds 20,000 files to my project.. just so I can compile SASS.

I want to use a decent framework, but man, the setup is frustrating. At this point, I just want to set up a non VM way of doing this. Is there a decent server/db/PHP 7 stack out there, or do I have to roll my own?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I'm having a Javascript issue that is driving me crazy. I'm trying to hook up a form to a constructor function. It should grab the values of the input fields and then set them equal to the properties in the new Person object.

The problem is that on submit, it's setting the properties equal to empty strings, and I can't figure out why, even though I know the live values are being update on change.

Script

code:
//will hold an array of people objects
var list = [];

//constructor that builds new people to add to address book
function Person(first, last, address, number, email) { //new person constructor
    this.firstName = first;
    this.lastName = last;
    this.address = address;
    this.number = number;
    this.email = email;
};

//When the submit button is clicked, create a new person and add the values of the form fields
//  to the properties of the object
$("#submitbtn").click(function () {
    var person = new Person($("#addform > input[name = 'fname']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'lname']").val(),
			$("#addform > input[name = 'email']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'address']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'phone']").val());
    list.push(person);
    console.log(list);
});
HTML

code:
<form id="addform">
      <input type="text" name="fname" placeholder="First name">
      <input type="text" name="lname" placeholder="Last name">
      <input type="email" name="email" placeholder="email">
      <input type="input" name="address" placeholder="address">
      <input type="tel" name="phone" placeholder="phone number">
      <button type="button" id="submitbtn">Submit</button>
      <button type="button" id="closebtn">Close</button>
    </form>

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 4, 2017

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

TwystNeko posted:

So I'm not sure if I should be posting here or in the PHP thread, but man, I really dislike the vagrant style of working. Like, nice concept, frustrating to work with. I'm using Laravel, with their Homestead VM, and I've spent more time fighting with the tools than I have coding! Node.js is janky, and adds 20,000 files to my project.. just so I can compile SASS.

I want to use a decent framework, but man, the setup is frustrating. At this point, I just want to set up a non VM way of doing this. Is there a decent server/db/PHP 7 stack out there, or do I have to roll my own?

You should be installing things like node-sass and gulp as globals, not directly into your project.

Ex: npm install -g node-sass

Also directory structure is important.

pre:
root-
    - app (your working source, css, html, js etc.)
         - css - css, scss files here
         - js - javascript or whatever
         - lib (have bower or whatever you're using copy the actual libraries you'll use in your project here)
    - dist (this is your compiled app that end users will actually see, minfied, compiled code lives here)
    - node_modules (gulp, node-sass etc, etc, live here, but it's not actually part of your project, npm automatically creates this)
    - whatever other directories you need
    - bower.json
    - package.json
    - other config files here
This is how I structure my projects and it makes working with things a lot easier.

Make sure you run your npm, bower, etc. commands from the root folder, not inside your app/dist/etc. folder.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 4, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

TwystNeko posted:

If you want to use a decent framework, then why are you using Laravel? :rimshot:

Most other frameworks do not require extensive tooling. You might want to take a look at the "no framework" tutorial, which demonstrates how to tie together small, independent libraries (and not-small but independent components from other frameworks) in order to do everything that a normal framework does without having to buy completely in to that framework.

There are cases for extensive tooling, and there are things like Doctrine that are genuinely improved by tooling (db setup and migration). The current trend of sticking everything inside a container inside a VM by default greatly complicates things that ought not to be complicated yet. Solve the deployment problem when your deployment process becomes something more annoying than a directory rename and running your DB migration.

Also, there are PHP implementations of SASS, but like the previous post mentions, you probably don't need or want to integrate this directly with your project.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
All i really want out of a framework is templating (Blade can be standalone), Eloquent, and to use a MVC system. Laravel seemed like a good fit, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'll look at that no-framework tutorial.

It just feels really silly and clunky to do the whole VM thing, especially since it's not very portable.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Grump posted:

I'm having a Javascript issue that is driving me crazy. I'm trying to hook up a form to a constructor function. It should grab the values of the input fields and then set them equal to the properties in the new Person object.

The problem is that on submit, it's setting the properties equal to empty strings, and I can't figure out why, even though I know the live values are being update on change.

Script

code:
//will hold an array of people objects
var list = [];

//constructor that builds new people to add to address book
function Person(first, last, address, number, email) { //new person constructor
    this.firstName = first;
    this.lastName = last;
    this.address = address;
    this.number = number;
    this.email = email;
};

//When the submit button is clicked, create a new person and add the values of the form fields
//  to the properties of the object
$("#submitbtn").click(function () {
    var person = new Person($("#addform > input[name = 'fname']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'lname']").val(),
			$("#addform > input[name = 'email']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'address']").val(), 
			$("#addform > input[name = 'phone']").val());
    list.push(person);
    console.log(list);
});
HTML

code:
<form id="addform">
      <input type="text" name="fname" placeholder="First name">
      <input type="text" name="lname" placeholder="Last name">
      <input type="email" name="email" placeholder="email">
      <input type="input" name="address" placeholder="address">
      <input type="tel" name="phone" placeholder="phone number">
      <button type="button" id="submitbtn">Submit</button>
      <button type="button" id="closebtn">Close</button>
    </form>

I ran your code on jsfiddle and it works fine?

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Yeah. I just realized that it does work, but since I'm using React, I'm running into issues with the script running correctly.

When I include the script tag into index.html, it gives me an error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <" even though there is no stray brackets.

I guess my new question is: how do you make a custom javascript file and use it in the index file? It doesn't seem very straightforward. I haven't even written any React code yet.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Grump posted:

Yeah. I just realized that it does work, but since I'm using React, I'm running into issues with the script running correctly.

When I include the script tag into index.html, it gives me an error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <" even though there is no stray brackets.

I guess my new question is: how do you make a custom javascript file and use it in the index file? It doesn't seem very straightforward. I haven't even written any React code yet.

If you were using React, you would never write any code like that, so pick one way of doing DOM interaction; either the jquey way you are doing in your example, or React, but don't mix them / use both.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any polyfills for webworkers + asmjs, or do I have to use Flash or something as a fallback? I'm building an intentionally slow proof-of-work system that gets executed before any XmlHttpRequests and appends a request header with the token.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Not sure if this is the best place, but there doesn't seem to be a Chrome Dev Thread(?).

I wrote a URL Shortener (PHP) that uses recaptcha & sessions to prevent people spamming/automating addresses. I've now written a Chrome extension (javascript posting to PHP on the server) so that you can one-click a button to shorten your current URL.

There's no captcha on the Chrome extension as then it wouldn't be one click, so I'm stuck on coming up with a way of confirming the post request is coming from the Chrome extension and not a third-party. Initially I thought about passing a header or password, but given how easily you can decompile Chrome extensions that seems like it wouldn't be very effective. I'm sure there's an obvious answer, but other than having user accounts I'm just drawing a blank.

Any thoughts?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
It is not possible.

Rate limit.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

I figured it out. I was originally importing the script into the component, as it should be, but I had onClick functions that were supposed to be hiding/showing a form, and that part should have been built into the component, rather than outside of it.

I'm dumb. The thing has been working all day, and I didn't even realize it.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Biowarfare posted:

It is not possible.

Rate limit.

I was afraid that would be the case :(

Thanks though!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So apparently I can just download this node.js thing and have it run a webserver to view and mess around with my files with relatively little trouble, and all from within VSCode. From what I read, it's fairly popular. Are there any other things I might be missing? I'm doing my best to not think of all the trouble that setting up the Chrome Debugger was and the assorted HTML viewer extensions I messed with. I'm not going to cry. I'm totally going to cry.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Warbird posted:

So apparently I can just download this node.js thing and have it run a webserver to view and mess around with my files with relatively little trouble, and all from within VSCode. From what I read, it's fairly popular. Are there any other things I might be missing? I'm doing my best to not think of all the trouble that setting up the Chrome Debugger was and the assorted HTML viewer extensions I messed with. I'm not going to cry. I'm totally going to cry.

Personally I used this website's tutorial when I was first starting out with the Node.js stuff and it worked out well for me. After that, I did the O'Reilly book Web Development with Node & Express. I liked the book a lot and thought it was a big help to get me to feel like I knew what I was doing, but I got caught off-guard by the off-topic stuff in like Chapters 4 and 5, iirc.

I'm still terribad and not good enough to look at other peoples' stuff and learn from their examples, though. For some reason, there's a huge gap between what you learn in books and online tutorials... and what you need to be able to actually follow along with the 'look how smart i am' stuff everyone puts out there.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Warbird posted:

I'm doing my best to not think of all the trouble that setting up the Chrome Debugger was and the assorted HTML viewer extensions I messed with.

Sorry but, what setup? What was it missing in terms of HTML viewing that you felt you needed extensions?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The Chrome debugger? Getting launch.json working for the most part. Then once you do get it cooperating, it doesn't work on another computer with the same settings. It works acceptably on my work machine, but on my personal laptop or desktop relative links break all to hell for no discernable reason; all this is the same settings and site. The handful of html viewer addons were fine, no real complaints there, but they didn't seem to like navigating between pages.

Of course you can just launch the saved .html file of your choosing and view it in your browser, but I was wanting something that live updates. I don't generally know what the hell I'm doing, so seeing real time reflections of how all the bits and pieces work is pretty important to me. I do have a copy of dreamweaver through work, but I'm aiming for something more lightweight. VSCode seemed about as good as anything else.

I've bookmarked it for glancing at later, thanks! I'll check out the book as well. I've got access to lynda, so I'm going to see if anything on there is both comprehensive and uses small words.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 8, 2017

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Warbird posted:

The Chrome debugger? Getting launch.json working for the most part. Then once you do get it cooperating, it doesn't work on another computer with the same settings. It works acceptably on my work machine, but on my personal laptop or desktop relative links break all to hell for no discernable reason; all this is the same settings and site. The handful of html viewer addons were fine, no real complaints there, but they didn't seem to like navigating between pages.

Of course you can just launch the saved .html file of your choosing and view it in your browser, but I was wanting something that live updates. I don't generally know what the hell I'm doing, so seeing real time reflections of how all the bits and pieces work is pretty important to me. I do have a copy of dreamweaver through work, but I'm aiming for something more lightweight. VSCode seemed about as good as anything else.

Oh, you mean to integrate it into VSCode so you can do your debugging there instead of the Chrome dev tools. I guess setting breakpoints in the editor would be nice, but I like to keep that stuff separated so I can work in one without affecting the state of the other.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh yeah, no sorry. I'm spoiled by VS for .net stuff, so I'm partial to keeping it all in the family per se. This is one of my first forrays out into non MS backed development, so the sheer amount of choices (for better or worse) is staggering. I'm used to having what I'm trying to do being fairly light on the config end, so culture shock. Same thing happened when I picked up a Nexus tablet and I had to do some really dumb poo poo to get it to show up on my computer. I'll get used to it after a bit I'm sure.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
What's a cost efficient solution for webhosting?

I'm currently using heroku, but the free tier isn't cutting it anymore, and I've never used anything else, I don't mind shelling out some money for a worthwhile service.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Depends on where your expertise lies. I like VPS services like Linode because I don't have to share resources like shared hosting, yet the cost is fairly fixed and I can fully control the box, but that means I have to lean on all these deployment scripts I've written. Heroku's probably the best turn key solution with best practices out there because of the work they've put into their process and the management UI.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Digital Ocean's been good to me, but I don't know if it would be cost effective for what you're doing depending on your requirements and willingness to put up with sysadmin bullshit. You could always toss it on GitHub if necessary.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Munkeymon posted:

Oh, you mean to integrate it into VSCode so you can do your debugging there instead of the Chrome dev tools. I guess setting breakpoints in the editor would be nice, but I like to keep that stuff separated so I can work in one without affecting the state of the other.

You can do this. Download VS Code Insider and install the debugger for Chrome plugin. Coincidentally I attended a Microsoft talk on this just today.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That's what I've been doing since day 1 m'dude. It's practically preinstalled on the program; I'm fairly certain the page that pops up when you download/install recommends getting it. It's the launch configs (and possibly some weird IIS nonsense I broke on my machine) that I've never got working in a easily usable manner. Node.js via
code:
npm start
is getting the job done, but I'd be interested in getting Chrome up to snuff if you're willing to assist/endure endless likely obvious questions.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

TheCog posted:

What's a cost efficient solution for webhosting?

I'm currently using heroku, but the free tier isn't cutting it anymore, and I've never used anything else, I don't mind shelling out some money for a worthwhile service.

Heroku is good and takes care of a lot of the boring and hard stuff when it comes to hosting stuff. You can get stuff for cheaper but you have to do a lot more stuff yourself, like configuring nginx or any of a hundred other t higns.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I know this is the web thread, but I can't find an active general design discussion. Has anyone here used Inkscape? I've got a large format project I've got turn around quick (8 foot by 10 foot) and Photoshop isn't cutting it. Is it any good? Is the interface as awful as Gimp?

EDIT-Holy god 3 minutes from launch until a window shows up. Something tells me Inkscape might not be for me

Scaramouche fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 17, 2017

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

I know this is the web thread, but I can't find an active general design discussion. Has anyone here used Inkscape? I've got a large format project I've got turn around quick (8 foot by 10 foot) and Photoshop isn't cutting it. Is it any good? Is the interface as awful as Gimp?

What's wrong with Photoshop... is the size too big? And do you have to use Photoshop or could you use Illustrator or InDesign instead?

If you're printing something that huge you'll likely be working with a really low DPI, so Photoshop should be able to handle it.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah, it's just getting out of hand with Photoshop. I've pared it down to bare essentials (Image + Text + Gradient) and it takes like a minute to save, crashes when exporting, font changes take 10 seconds to show up, etc. It doesn't help I'm on a crap AMD box that's roughly equivalent to an 2015 I3 but at least it has 16gb RAM. DPI is 300 so the photoshop file is around 3gb right now, and that's without any of the cool stuff I'd like to do. Illustrator is a no go because I don't have it and I'm not going to pirate it onto a client's machine.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah, it's just getting out of hand with Photoshop. I've pared it down to bare essentials (Image + Text + Gradient) and it takes like a minute to save, crashes when exporting, font changes take 10 seconds to show up, etc. It doesn't help I'm on a crap AMD box that's roughly equivalent to an 2015 I3 but at least it has 16gb RAM. DPI is 300 so the photoshop file is around 3gb right now, and that's without any of the cool stuff I'd like to do. Illustrator is a no go because I don't have it and I'm not going to pirate it onto a client's machine.

Grab the demo of Affinity Designer and try that.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Talk to your printer. I really doubt you need to be working at such a high DPI if you're going to print it at 8x10 feet. Most things that are that big are usually printed at much, much lower DPIs (like 100 or less). Ask your printer what DPI you should be shooting for and if there's any danger to working at scale.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The printer said 150, but 300 is better. It's a large fabric display for a trade show/outdoor. We did a similar one last year, but it was only text + logo so I was able to slap it together without much problem. It's some kind of treated glossy fabric, and actually it repros really really well, so it being at least 150 "real" dpi wouldn't surprise me. This time we're doing 4 banners and including product images/call to action so they're a bit more complex.

That said, Inkscape did the job and was kind of impressive. Still takes over a minute to startup from launch, but I was able to pull together a version in Inkscape in less than an hour from scratch, what took me half a day to make in Photoshop, all without waiting for tedious redraws/reloads.

The resulting SVG file? 934kb. The EPS for printer-ready? 30mb zipped. Most importantly is just that it was fast to use compared to that multi-GB Photoshop file, and it actually looks a bit better too because I'm vectoring stuff I'd normally fudge with bitmaps.

So if anyone is in my position, check out Inkscape. The interface is a total re-learn, even if you're familiar with Photoshop, but it's not the impractical horror that is GIMP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

UX question for you folks. I'm not aware of a best practice in this situation, so I'm curious if any of you have encountered similar issues in the past and how you've approached them.

Say you have 100 pages of content in English on a site. 50 of those pages have been translated into Spanish. English is considered the default language. When a user selects a language, the default behavior for the site is to only show content in the selected language. However that means 50 pages of content are completely invisible to Spanish users unless they know to change their language to look for them.

My question is this: Do you think it makes sense to display the English pages in Spanish navigation (maybe with a "(Solo Inglés)" tag attached) so that Spanish speaking users can still access that content if they also speak English?

My gut reaction is no and that if the pages need to be visible to Spanish speaking users they should be translated into Spanish, but I'm dealing with a client who has budget concerns and doesn't want to translate all of their content since some of it will only apply to a minuscule percentage of Spanish speakers.

Thoughts?