Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

codenameFANGIO posted:

that thread has been taken over by the lovely Xbox dudes

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Console Mock Clan

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

good loop, youll beat it one day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While I love 3, playing through it now reinforces my ranking of world above it because 3 has some real lovely levels like "there are 9 doors guess which one is the right one or go back to the beginning" and "carry a shell to get through this part", "find the p block" etc, a lot of tendencies that were brought to the extreme in Mario maker and make me instantly mad when I see them. I instinctively want to hold the skip button lol

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

While I love 3, playing through it now reinforces my ranking of world above it because 3 has some real lovely levels like "there are 9 doors guess which one is the right one or go back to the beginning" and "carry a shell to get through this part", "find the p block" etc, a lot of tendencies that were brought to the extreme in Mario maker and make me instantly mad when I see them. I instinctively want to hold the skip button lol

would have tuned in for your stream, but i had to dogsit for my brother and he had no cable or internet:stonk:

i can never pick between 3 and World, but i could a fresh playthru of 3 could get frustrating in some areas.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
*could see how

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Yeah, but world has the valley ghost house secret exit, as well as is own share of item babysitting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah the ghost houses are probably similarly assy on first playthrough.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think we can all agree Doki Doki SMB2 sucks balls

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

No.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress off.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
US SMB2 just needed question blocks, normal coin system, make the bonus game use big coins or something

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats a ban

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh yeah the ghost houses are probably similarly assy on first playthrough.

i kicked the screen our bigass console tv way hard after dying several thousand times on tubular. just stood up and kicked that mahf'k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The SMW bonus levels are insane for sure

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh Don Piano posted:

i kicked the screen our bigass console tv way hard after dying several thousand times on tubular. just stood up and kicked that mahf'k

I never got past Tubular when I was 5 years old and only did so a decade later.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Plutonis posted:

Same.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SMW was basically the only game I 100 percented as a kid. Unlocking the alternate world with the changed sprites was crazy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After I finish 3 I kinda wanna do SMW 96 exits and maybe I'll stream it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was planning on streaming 20 hours of Miku music videos but they mute the music on PS4 which is bullshit!

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
lol just remembered another childhood ragequit, was getting raped by umk3 on snes so i blasted the cart up into the air with the eject button, then hit it out of the air and into the wall. so much spazzing back then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Don Piano posted:

lol just remembered another childhood ragequit, was getting raped by umk3 on snes so i blasted the cart up into the air with the eject button, then hit it out of the air and into the wall.

FATALITY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My sisters friend stole 2 of my stars on the last turn of Mario Party 2 and I got so mad I threw my n64 controller at her and missed and put a hole in the wall

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plutonis posted:

I beat all of the secret levels at the age of 6. Run along now, the grown ups are talking.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

My sisters friend stole 2 of my stars on the last turn of Mario Party 2 and I got so mad I threw my n64 controller at her and missed and put a hole in the wall

i wonder if anyone has been murdered because of mario party

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

rediscover posted:

I beat all of the secret levels at the age of 6. Run along now, the grown ups are talking.

i was so insanely bad at video games when I was a kid. I remember in Kirby Super Star the Arena game was just impossible to beat when i was like eight, but I played it about a year ago and beat it in one try. practice makes perfect I guess!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

Weird, I didn't see a post in the games you beat 2016 thread...

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i was so insanely bad at video games when I was a kid. I remember in Kirby Super Star the Arena game was just impossible to beat when i was like eight, but I played it about a year ago and beat it in one try. practice makes perfect I guess!

the megaton punch thing?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Oh Don Piano posted:

the megaton punch thing?

no the boss rush, where you have to beat every boss in the game without dying but they give you a finite amount of M tomatoes in between bosses

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

mycophobia posted:

no the boss rush, where you have to beat every boss in the game without dying but they give you a finite amount of M tomatoes in between bosses

ah right, been years since i've played through all the modes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mycophobia posted:

theres a photo on my parents fridge of me at age 3 with a snes controller in my hand and im skraight glued to the tv.. i knew my calling from the jump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Weird, I didn't see a post in the games you beat 2016 thread...

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Oh Don Piano posted:

ah right, been years since i've played through all the modes

getting 100% in 2015 was super fun, I highly recommend playing it again if you haven't recently

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

mycophobia posted:

getting 100% in 2015 was super fun, I highly recommend playing it again if you haven't recently

i prob will tomorrow after I finish putting together this bar cart thing at me mums:boom:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Don Piano posted:

i prob will tomorrow after I finish putting together this bar cart thing at me mums:boom:

Hell yeah

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Oh Don Piano posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh Don Piano posted:

lol just remembered another childhood ragequit, was getting raped by umk3 on snes so i blasted the cart up into the air with the eject button, then hit it out of the air and into the wall. so much spazzing back then

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ah, so it's the city from the original donkey kong.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

doughvakiin posted:

theres a photo on my parents fridge of me at age 3 with a snes controller in my hand and im skraight glued to the tv.. i knew my calling from the jump

good username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/791795377972191232