Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

matty ice is mvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So this is even more of a sham than the Golden Globes?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Both the 6-10 and 11-15 lists are better then the actual HoF list:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kalli posted:

There are in fact, fifty voters.

They get together in a room and jerk each other off for a few hours, then vote for whomever they like.

Speaking of that, there is some elaborate Taylor Swift concert in Houston right now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
TO and Coryell didn't even make the top 10? :psyberger:

vvvv Seriously, the last time a non QB/RB won the MVP was LT in '86...his victims weren't even born yet ffs.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 5, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

matty ice is mvp

It's really dumb that MVP and OPOTY are different awards.

MVP should be QB of the year, and OPOTY should be non-QB offensive player of the year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

warcrimes posted:

a punter, too. You mad?

No I mean I don't care so much that the kickers are in I just don't get why someone who's ok with a kicker getting in can also believe that Terrell Owens doesn't deserve to be there.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/all_td_career.htm

Here look at this list. He's in the top 10 here for all time touchdowns. Nobody else in that top 10 is not in! And then some after that I think it takes till SHaun Alexander. He's got more touchdowns than Marshall Faul!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the hall of fame voters hold john lynch in higher regard than don coryell, alan faneca, and terrell owens

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Del Rio was a lock after week one imk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Belichick getting that many votes is a loving crock.

because he shouldn't be allowed to win it since realistically he'd get it every year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Both the 6-10 and 11-15 lists are better then the actual HoF list:

I'd forgotten about Mawae, he absolutely should have gotten in and might be a bigger snub than TO.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli & Wifebeater split Walter Payton Man of the Year Award.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Fitz over Olsen? How must it feel to be beaten by a domestic abuser?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Groovelord Neato posted:

how did bill simmons ever get a career.

Karate kid jokes and talking about blackjack in vegas. Watching sports is not a requirement for Boston media

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Del Rio was a lock after week one imk

Yeah, bullshit cowboys favortism

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bosa won DROTY. Bosa owns.

AFC West defensive sweep.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jelanijenkins53/status/828064714638970880

same

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/damienwoody/status/828067344865951744

Preach

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Kalli posted:

I guess the good news of Davis being voted in is it's 100% that guys like Gronk and Patrick Willis will be HoF'ers.

Not really. RB's a special gig. TD had 4 seasons of being a top 3 player, with godlike postseason performances in 2 of them. Compare to Earl Campbell's 3 awesome seasons, 2 years of being Eddie George, and 3 blah years. He's got a much better case relative to the standard at his position than Kurt Warner or Kenny Stabler did.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DNS posted:

Not really. RB's a special gig. TD had 4 seasons of being a top 3 player, with godlike postseason performances in 2 of them. Compare to Earl Campbell's 3 awesome seasons, 2 years of being Eddie George, and 3 blah years. He's got a much better case relative to the standard at his position than Kurt Warner or Kenny Stabler did.

He absolutely did not have 4 great seasons. He had a fine rookie year, 3 all pro years that fit your criteria then was a crippled, injured mess that couldn't play for 3 more. That's a huge insult to Eddie George to call TD falling forward for 200 yards over a month before revisiting the IR list anything like his career.

Kurt Warner's first three years with the Rams were better and he followed that up with three excellent years to end his career with the Cardinals.

TD being a HoF'er for 3 outstanding years means guys like Herman Moore should be no doubt HoF'ers

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 5, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wanna know the writer who voted Dak Prescott MVP

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My prediction is that Lady Gaga is going to disappoint everyone.

They're like six years too late getting her to do the Super Bowl.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Still more timely than when it was The Who

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Kalli posted:

Kurt Warner's first three years with the Rams were better and he followed that up with three excellent years to end his career with the Cardinals.

He started more than 11 games in a season 4 times. He had 4 good seasons in 16 years. Plus he was good in the playoffs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/828063469161345025

I don't like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DNS posted:

He started more than 11 games in a season 4 times. He had 4 good seasons in 16 years. Plus he was good in the playoffs.

I'm ok with your denigrating Kurt Warner and I appreciate your delusional attempt to separate Terrell Davis from Gale Sayers and compare him to someone more deserving of his hall of fame bid. But come on man, Morten Andersen does not deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DNS posted:

Yes, I agree, he Warner had a much longer and better career then TD.

----------------

MVP voting:

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/828059726906802176

The best is the long string of replies starting with " lmaooooo aaron is rear end"

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 5, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Grittybeard posted:

I'm ok with your denigrating Kurt Warner and I appreciate your delusional attempt to separate Terrell Davis from Gale Sayers and compare him to someone more deserving of his hall of fame bid. But come on man, Morten Andersen does not deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Dafuq?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Kalli posted:

----------------

MVP voting:

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/828059726906802176

The best is the long string of replies starting with " lmaooooo aaron is rear end"

I still don't understand how you can vote Brady MVP when they went 3-1 without him.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

8-8
8-8
6-10
10-8

Coty? No way

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Why not? Because he's a kicker? He's the leading scorer in NFL history with 2,544 career points and is the leading scorer in Saints (1,318) and Falcons (806) franchise history. Whenever Morten came on to kick, it was almost always an automatic 3 points. Even when he went to the Falcons, I always cheered for him, and that's the only player that I can say that for. Morten Andersen is one of the greatest players ever. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That's my QB...

OPOTY
MVP
Super Bowl MVP

Rise the gently caress up and let's get this game going!!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://deadspin.com/5981076/the-drew-magary-super-bowl-chili-recipe what the gently caress

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Silly Burrito posted:

Why not? Because he's a kicker? He's the leading scorer in NFL history with 2,544 career points and is the leading scorer in Saints (1,318) and Falcons (806) franchise history. Whenever Morten came on to kick, it was almost always an automatic 3 points. Even when he went to the Falcons, I always cheered for him, and that's the only player that I can say that for. Morten Andersen is one of the greatest players ever. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Matt Bryant has 812 points now but that doesn't change you being right.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kalli posted:

I guess the good news of Davis being voted in is it's 100% that guys like Gronk and Patrick Willis will be HoF'ers.
I'd bet on both getting in but there are plenty of guys who had short but brilliant careers and didnt get in or even much of look. And, of those, some of them were still good for twice as long as Davis was.

Which white supremacists voted for Sean Lee?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

problem?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Kalli posted:

So did Mark Brunell. Throw him in the Hall too

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kalli posted:

He absolutely did not have 4 great seasons. He had a fine rookie year, 3 all pro years that fit your criteria then was a crippled, injured mess that couldn't play for 3 more. That's a huge insult to Eddie George to call TD falling forward for 200 yards over a month before revisiting the IR list anything like his career.

TD being a HoF'er for 3 outstanding years means guys like Herman Moore should be no doubt HoF'ers

Herman Moore is a no doubt HOF'er

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 5, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
By all accounts it looks like Patriots fans hugely outnumber Falcons fans on the ground in Houston. Will be funny if it looks like a Pats home game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

By all accounts it looks like Patriots fans hugely outnumber Falcons fans on the ground in Houston. Will be funny if it looks like a Pats home game.

I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of Patriots loving fruits. It won't matter since Super Bowl crowds are dogshit

• Locked thread