Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
My girlfriend's friend (who apparently is a producer of some sort possibly with HBO) just vaguebooked "guess who just found all the private videos from Donald Trump's old YouTube account"

I don't know what that means but I'm monitoring with interest

:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

WeAreTheRomans posted:

My girlfriend's friend (who apparently is a producer of some sort possibly with HBO) just vaguebooked "guess who just found all the private videos from Donald Trump's old YouTube account"

this is irritating because a) nothing will come of it and b) i have no idea what its doing in this thread.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

When did that happen? I took a CPR class in 2014 and that was still part. The girlfriend renewed hers at the top of 16 and it was then too

When I took it we were advised not to put our mouths on a strangers mouth when they could puke up any kind of fluids or just have herpes or whatever.

Maybe that's selfish but the idea is to just do chest compressions because they likely have enough oxygen in their blood it's just not moving past the brain if the heart is stopped.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Remember that movie cliche where the villain saying some heinous poo poo would be broadcast or recorded and somehow that would save the day (like in Robocop, Wall Street, etc)?

If there's anything positive about a Trump presidency, it's that trope being thoroughly debunked.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

When I took it we were advised not to put our mouths on a strangers mouth when they could puke up any kind of fluids or just have herpes or whatever.

Maybe that's selfish but the idea is to just do chest compressions because they likely have enough oxygen in their blood it's just not moving past the brain if the heart is stopped.

Yeah, there's enough oxygen in your blood that you don't need to ventilate a cardiac arrest patient until the ambulance gets there. In fact, ventilating them will make the ambulance crews job harder because you're probably doing a poo poo job of it and overinflating the lungs.

I get annoyed by how movie CPR is all neat and clean and always works. The first time I did CPR, a dead lady threw up in my eyes. CPR is loving gross.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I get annoyed by how movie CPR is all neat and clean and always works. The first time I did CPR, a dead lady threw up in my eyes. CPR is loving gross.

Maybe you're just a bad kisser

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, there's enough oxygen in your blood that you don't need to ventilate a cardiac arrest patient until the ambulance gets there. In fact, ventilating them will make the ambulance crews job harder because you're probably doing a poo poo job of it and overinflating the lungs.

They never mention that you pretty much have to crack their ribs too.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Calaveron posted:

The most unrealistic thing about the jurassic park movies is that InGen wasn't obliterated into non existence from lawsuits and hush money payouts after four movies' worth of awful deaths and general destruction

It actually was. That's what sets off The Lost World, InGen is reeling from all the payouts so it's trying to recoup its costs with the San Diego park. Then after the rex gets loose, the company doesn't exist any more by 3.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Byzantine posted:

It actually was. That's what sets off The Lost World, InGen is reeling from all the payouts so it's trying to recoup its costs with the San Diego park. Then after the rex gets loose, the company doesn't exist any more by 3.

So my other imm is hey we took a bath with our last terrifying endeavor, let's do it again!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Calaveron posted:

So my other imm is hey we took a bath with our last terrifying endeavor, let's do it again!

When all you have is a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

When all you have are genetically-engineered dinosaurs...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Calaveron posted:

I've always read it as kind of a metaphor for when a new CEO comes in and starts raiding all the assets, harming something (the company/park) that would have been self-sustaining for a short term gain.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Away all Goats posted:

They never mention that you pretty much have to crack their ribs too.

ya afaik heart massage is first priority.

beat on that heart

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol if you don't jerk people off when they're flatlining smdh

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well Manicured Man posted:

When all you have is a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

When all you have are genetically-engineered dinosaurs...

... every problem looks like a lawyer?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i haven't seen the first John Wick in a while but from what i can remember, once Vigo finds out that his son hosed with John Wick, the next scene with the together is him going "sorry son, John is coming for you, can't help you now" Then he sends dudes to John's home to try and kill him, then once that doesn't work he put a hit out on the guy to try and protect his son that i thought he already left for dead?

Also it's irritating me that the second one isn't even out yet and most likely won't be as good as the first, but will still be a million times better than any other action movie that is going to come out this year.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i haven't seen the first John Wick in a while but from what i can remember, once Vigo finds out that his son hosed with John Wick, the next scene with the together is him going "sorry son, John is coming for you, can't help you now" Then he sends dudes to John's home to try and kill him, then once that doesn't work he put a hit out on the guy to try and protect his son that i thought he already left for dead?

Also it's irritating me that the second one isn't even out yet and most likely won't be as good as the first, but will still be a million times better than any other action movie that is going to come out this year.

Yeah he kind of yells at his boy and says "you're hosed kid," but then still tries to keep him alive. What was weirder to me was that after his son was dead, Vigo still went after Willem Dafoe and openly antagonized Wick. Like my dude just run your criminal empire.

Of course then the movie would be a huge anticlimax.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

IIRC Vigo said to his son "you will do nothing, because you can do nothing". As in the son could no nothing but Vigo was sure going to try.

He went after Marcus because he betrayed Vigo by saving John. You don't get to have a criminal empire by letting people get away with that poo poo.

As to why he then decided to taunt John about that well yeah that was a bad call but he was high as balls by then

Lemon has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Feb 6, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

John Wick's dog apparently survives in this movie, while in a Dog's Purpose you get to see dogs die over and over again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

starkebn posted:

IIMM is when any hunting creature, especially really big ones, stop to RRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! in the face of anything they're trying to catch. It's so loving stupid it turns me off the action instantly. No point giving examples, it's in literally hundreds of movies I think

in the case of like tigers and lions isn't it so loud and invasive that it literally forces the prey's brain to shut down? i thought i remembered reading that somewhere so the victim basically just stands there in terrified shock

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

Funny you bring this up because he got that red title from posting a scene from Ace Ventura, in character as Ace Ventura, while people were talking about that exact scene in Ace Ventura. :downs:

Well alrighty then.

:haw:

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Two Finger posted:

in the case of like tigers and lions isn't it so loud and invasive that it literally forces the prey's brain to shut down? i thought i remembered reading that somewhere so the victim basically just stands there in terrified shock

Lions and tigers are generally silent when they hunt. Their roars are for territorial purposes. Also, the roar you associate with lions is actually a tiger. Lion roars sound stupid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
At the end of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Leatherface and the sleazy hitchhiker guy chase Sally out of the house onto the road, where the sleazy hitchhiker guy gets run over by a large truck. The truck driver gets out to help when Leatherface shows up and brandishes his chainsaw, the truck driver legs it, and Sally climbs into a passing pickup truck and escapes.

But what happens to the truck driver? :ohdear:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kruller posted:

Lions and tigers are generally silent when they hunt. Their roars are for territorial purposes. Also, the roar you associate with lions is actually a tiger. Lion roars sound stupid.

yeah and just having made this post i went looking for it and it seems wherever i was that read that was completely and totally wrong, i can't find any evidence of it
everything seems to support them roaring for communication and almost never for hunting

that said, a giant angry cat unleashing 110+dB of noise directly in your face is almost certainly going to engage your raw terror instincts

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

starkebn posted:

IIMM is when any hunting creature, especially really big ones, stop to RRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! in the face of anything they're trying to catch. It's so loving stupid it turns me off the action instantly. No point giving examples, it's in literally hundreds of movies I think

It's in every goddamn trailer ROOOOoooAAR! *chun chun chun chun* BWWAAAAAHM!

My Iimm is the voice acting in Akira isn't as good as I remember, like I say, irrational.

Brazilianpeanutwar has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Feb 6, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Two Finger posted:

yeah and just having made this post i went looking for it and it seems wherever i was that read that was completely and totally wrong, i can't find any evidence of it
everything seems to support them roaring for communication and almost never for hunting

that said, a giant angry cat unleashing 110+dB of noise directly in your face is almost certainly going to engage your raw terror instincts

No animal makes noise when it hunts, they're trying to sneak up on something and murder it. To stop right in the act of catching something and give it a chance to get away would mean you don't get to eat as often.

I think the only time would be a pack of animals making communication sounds to co-ordinate, but a giant roar like a big cat is just territorial.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

My Iimm is the voice acting in Akira isn't as good as I remember, like I say, irrational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcU0Un8QJ5M

Lemon has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Feb 6, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Stop watching dubbed versions of foreign films :shrug:

Lemon
May 22, 2003

starkebn posted:

Stop watching dubbed versions of foreign films :shrug:

Normally I don't - However this is the version I first saw when I was younger so it kind of stuck with me.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Lemon posted:

Normally I don't - However this is the version I first saw when I was younger so it kind of stuck with me.

Yeah, that's why I still like old Astroboy and the like

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inspector Gesicht posted:

John Wick's dog apparently survives in this movie, while in a Dog's Purpose you get to see dogs die over and over again.

It's funny that Keanu has to specifically mention in interviews that yes, nothing bad happens to the new dog, okay?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Uhhh, what about man?
Being pursuit hunters, we could have a marching band going to whole time and it wouldn't matter.

The video game Chivalry taught me that the proper may to swing a sword was to yell as loud and as often as possible.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Uhhh, what about man?
Being pursuit hunters, we could have a marching band going to whole time and it wouldn't matter.

The video game Chivalry taught me that the proper may to swing a sword was to yell as loud and as often as possible.

The bass drum guy might be a bit pissed after 10km or so

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3VZDb7pj4&t=15s

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Vigo is the tragic hero of the film. He doesn't exactly do anything wrong at any point. As a man of honor, he must do everything he can to protect his son, even though he knows it is ultimately futile. The only way it could have been avoided is if he had simply stood aside, truly abandoned his son, but that would be to ignore his fatherly duty. He can't do that. So instead he does everything he can to stop Wick, however unlikely that may be. He's a man who runs into a burning building as it's about to collapse, because he can't just let the person trapped inside die.

Vigo is great. :allears:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That is the correct way to interpret the film.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I always saw it as Vigo doing what any father would.

He was trying to protect his son from the boogeyman.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Leavemywife posted:

I always saw it as Vigo doing what any father would.

He was trying to protect his son from the boogeyman.

Jesus Christ he's not the boogeyman they explicit say that in the movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Baba Yaga line is the only blemish on that glorious movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Jesus Christ he's not the boogeyman they explicit say that in the movie.

Oh, right, John Wick is the guy you send to kill the boogeyman.

:doh: