Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I burned a revive (and probably a few too many stamina potions) to take down Veronica on Hard, but I just wanted to get her out of the way. I can't even imagine how painful she's going to be on Lunatic.

If she didn't have a healer she'd be no problem, but then the troubadour brings her just out of 3HKO range with Hector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ZenVulgarity posted:

20000 feathers is loving bullshit

You get 5 a day from friends, a thousand or so a week from PVP and whatever you get in between them from random bullshit and sending units home. It'll take a while but in the end it's not really that different from something like PAD where early on you'd have to wait for a dungeon that showed up once a week, do the massive stamina consuming evo material dungeon on the hardest difficulty, hope you had a good enough team to beat the hard boss of the hard level of that dungeon. Then watch as RNG still didn't give you the item anyway. Just different forms of bullshit gating your time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Extremely stupid question but do your characters permanently die when they lose all their HP?

Also how are some of you level 20+ jesus this game just came out like four days ago. You dropping $50 a day or something?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Louisgod posted:

Extremely stupid question but do your characters permanently die when they lose all their HP?

Also how are some of you level 20+ jesus this game just came out like four days ago. You dropping $50 a day or something?

You don't permanently lose units. In FE terms, it's always Casual Mode.

You can buy, with an amount of orbs that isn't terribly exorbitant, a permanent boost to EXP yield by upgrading your castle.

poo poo that pun wasn't intentional

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 5, 2017

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Louisgod posted:

I have all 25 Robin and I've only been playing a few days. He's 5* and melts everything so he soaks up all the kills.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Louisgod posted:

No. You just don't get to keep the experience/levels or SP they may have gained in that skirmish if they die in battle.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My first summoning I got Jagen. I laughed really hard.

Also he loving sucks what the hell

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

bizarre deformity posted:

My first summoning I got Jagen. I laughed really hard.

Also he loving sucks what the hell

He's the Jagen, what where you expecting?

My first roll I got Gunter, and I'm saying "what the hell" to the fact he loving owns, more so than the Camilla I rolled at the same time.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

If you play it right there's like 20+ free stamina pots up for grabs. You can easily have the game fully beaten and have a team of 40s by now without paying a dime.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
For anybody who's really worried about acquiring a healer, according to the fledgling wiki Lissa should be the free character from the Special map in two days (next is Donnel). Yeah, she'd only be a 2*, but by then we should get out first lump of Feathers from the Arena. If 200 Feathers isn't too bad for you, and you have 10 Transparent Badges lying around, that should be a fairly easy promotion to 3*. If you keep clearing story quests you should get enough Universal Shards to boost her straight to Lv 20 (5k shards), if you don't want to blow stamina levelling her as a 2*.

People in the thread have been saying healers are generally good bang for the buck at 3*, looks like Lissa's no exception since she gets both her specials- +10 Hp healed or +4 Atk to everyone when she heals, at 3* so that should be serviceable if a healer's what you want. Certainly lets you save your Orbs, at least.

Edit: Also Wrys will be the free character 4 days later but maybe that's only special to me I dunno.

ShinyDais fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 5, 2017

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Worked all morning for sweet sweet orbs let's see what I get

drat

e: quick healer question - Azama or some old guy who can heal everyone for 10 with his ability thing, Wrys

Setset fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 5, 2017

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What skills does Lissa get as a 4*? I rolled a 3* as my only healer so far and want to know if I ought to try and upgrade her.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What determines who shows up as your commander for your friends? I thought it was the first character on your first team, but I keep seeing Anna for one of my friends while he doesn't even have her in any team. Meanwhile I show as Robin for him, who is second in my first team.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I feel like if this game had like, any kind of evasion system it would be pretty good.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

AfroSquirrel posted:

What skills does Lissa get as a 4*? I rolled a 3* as my only healer so far and want to know if I ought to try and upgrade her.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgmqdmU0P9gGfcnyZBo1R2sqff-pNSYi5CnHITdTbjo/edit#gid=589092464

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

A couple of things:

1) camilla is hot garbage. If you want her in this game, stop now. She's not good. And if she's your 'waifu' stop now because you'll be posting in 24h how the game is hard if she's your only 5*.

2) yes you want 20 orbs when you summon. But, do not for one second think you are locked into summoning when you open up the orbs. If you don't like the orbs they give you, back the gently caress out and take your inefficient 2 orb loss. For example if the focus banner only offers red, green, blue units but your orbs pop out 4 grey 1 red. Back the gently caress out, because your chance of getting a 5* just became poo poo. Also if you are nox emu rerolling, just go with the 4 pull and skip the 5th orb. You can reroll in roughly 60s compared to about 3 minutes for that last orb. Trust me on this.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Thanks! Rehab/Renewal don't seem that great, so 3* she'll stay.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I linked my account but didn't get any orbs for it. Is there another step I have to do?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

You can actually see it in one of the character screens ---- IIRC if you tap on the portrait plus then skill info it shows the star-limited skills, too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

I linked my account but didn't get any orbs for it. Is there another step I have to do?

Goto the castle screen then click the quests button near the bottom right. Once in there, they're should be a blue button in the top right. Click that and a new window pops up where you can trade 0 for 10 orbs

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

I was using a 3* Clarine as a healer and she was good, but I got this pull :getin:

My luck will run out soon

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

You get 5 a day from friends, a thousand or so a week from PVP and whatever you get in between them from random bullshit and sending units home. It'll take a while but in the end it's not really that different from something like PAD where early on you'd have to wait for a dungeon that showed up once a week, do the massive stamina consuming evo material dungeon on the hardest difficulty, hope you had a good enough team to beat the hard boss of the hard level of that dungeon. Then watch as RNG still didn't give you the item anyway. Just different forms of bullshit gating your time.

Actually, you get more feathers than advertised. Not only do you get up to 1600 from offensive, you get up to 500 from defense, and up to 5,000 from your rank. If you max out the offensive and defensive feathers, you will probably be in the top 50,0000 so you should get 3,100 feathers every 3 days, so it should take only 3 weeks to get 20,000 feathers.

Edit:

Here is the rank stats since it is really obscure right now.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 5, 2017

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Even after a 7 streak of intermediates, I'm not ranked, so the bar must be fairly high.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Even after a 7 streak of intermediates, I'm not ranked, so the bar must be fairly high.

I pulled a six streak on advanced and I'm not ranked, so I'm not sure what you actually need to do.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Wait for the season to end?

v: Oh, well gently caress my face then.

Eleeleth fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 5, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I have 3,090 and am ranked at about 15,000 right now. Only the top 100,000 are ranked.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mithaldu posted:

how far in are you? generally that only gets *worse* as you progress.

Stamina cost is at four right now. Hopefully I have the game beat before it goes up. The missions don't get hard for a bit.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

MegaZeroX posted:

I have 3,090 and am ranked at about 15,000 right now. Only the top 100,000 are ranked.

Have you been refreshing a lot? Man I'm 65,000ish with 2450pts and I've only lost twice, doing mostly intermediate. Also does it say if you lost a defense?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Agoat posted:

Stamina cost is at four right now. Hopefully I have the game beat before it goes up. The missions don't get hard for a bit.

chapter 5 has stamina costs of 6, lvl 15 daily mission costs 10, lunatic difficulty missions can cost up to 23. if you don't pull extra units you might make it through the story without paying cash by using stuff to recharge stamina.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

acumen posted:

Have you been refreshing a lot? Man I'm 65,000ish with 2450pts and I've only lost twice, doing mostly intermediate. Also does it say if you lost a defense?

What do you mean by "refreshing a lot?" Also, I don't know if says if you lost. The only thing I have for defense is a notification that I beat someone.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zotix posted:

A couple of things:

1) camilla is hot garbage. If you want her in this game, stop now. She's not good. And if she's your 'waifu' stop now because you'll be posting in 24h how the game is hard if she's your only 5*.

Camilla is in fact really good

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do you need 20,000 feathers AND 20 emblems or just one or the other?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mithaldu posted:

chapter 5 has stamina costs of 6, lvl 15 daily mission costs 10, lunatic difficulty missions can cost up to 23. if you don't pull extra units you might make it through the story without paying cash by using stuff to recharge stamina.

Yuck. I don't mind spending a few dollars on these games on occasion (support the devs, etc) but I HATE spending it on stamina systems.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Did anyone ever figure out what the 803-3001 error is? I keep getting it after reinstalling.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I got a 5 Star Maria and Linde off the same round of summoning.

Are people exchanging friend codes itt?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Did anyone ever figure out what the 803-3001 error is? I keep getting it after reinstalling.

it's the error you get when you have a rooted android device. sadly there's nothing you can do but wait and see if they will support rooted devices later. ie: your device is hosed because you will have to reinstall after every close

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is 5* Abel and 4* Hinata good enough to not have to re-roll?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Andrast posted:

Camilla is in fact really good

If you are comparing her to 3*, but compared to pretty much any other 5*. She is crap. Good offensively, but awful outside of that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She shits all over Robin, who is pretty common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Zotix posted:

If you are comparing her to 3*, but compared to pretty much any other 5*. She is crap. Good offensively, but awful outside of that.

She is a 5 star green unit, which is hard to come by right now.