Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

fallingdownjoe posted:

Yeah, worried about North for the England game now

North is just happy to remember an injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rip Van der Westhuizen. Too beautiful for this terrible world.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sad Tyma never got the av

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Huw Jones just signed a two year deal to move to Glasgow, rumours being that Bennett is moving on. Not a bad replacement and gives Huw more time the Scotland backs.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Just thought I'd drop this little turd here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-07/all-blacks-bugging-man-charged/8248452

Makes me wonder, just how cynical is Hansen?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Huw Jones just signed a two year deal to move to Glasgow, rumours being that Bennett is moving on. Not a bad replacement and gives Huw more time the Scotland backs.

Can Edinburgh have some players plase

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

bigfoot again posted:

The gave you Duncan Weir.

In 10 years of professional regional rugby, what more could you possible ask for?!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

Bennett moving on isn't too big a deal, it's probably time he picked up some skills at a bigger league elsewhere.

I think we're more worried about Finn moving on as we don't have solid replacements for him yet. Ideally we'll probably be looking to train another Scottish guy.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Samson Lee's old Bebo page

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Email him.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
No fucker

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Rugby Union 2017 - AM NOT A FIGHT AM A LOVER BOY

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Everytime I see one of those I thank the Internet gods that bebo disappeared and saved me from a world of embarrassment.

E: Wonder what his flash box was

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

He might get shuffled to Edinburgh.

It looks like Glasgow are going to let Simone Favaro and Josh Strauss both walk too which is a huge shame, I know how well liked they both are at the club.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

WMain00 posted:

Bennett moving on isn't too big a deal, it's probably time he picked up some skills at a bigger league elsewhere.

I think we're more worried about Finn moving on as we don't have solid replacements for him yet. Ideally we'll probably be looking to train another Scottish guy.

I doubt Russell will leave this summer.
But in any case, Adam Hastings is supposed to be joining from Bath for next year.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Yeah Son-of-Hastings might be pretty good if he's giving some game time.

It's a shame that Favaro and Strauss will be going. Strauss in particular is a big fun guy who really settled into Glasgow quickly. It's always fun to watch four people jump on him in an effort to stop him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

Just thought I'd drop this little turd here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-07/all-blacks-bugging-man-charged/8248452

Makes me wonder, just how cynical is Hansen?

Thanks, Bill Pulver.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Wales team for the weekend has been announced:

quote:

Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon); George North (Northampton), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Liam Williams (Scarlets); Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, capt), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester).

Replacements: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Newport Gwent Dragons), Taulupe Faletau (Bath), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Sam Davies (Ospreys), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins)

Biggar and North are named to start but having late fitness tests.
Starting and bench props swapped.
Faletau replacing James King on the bench. Does anyone have any idea what James King does? He's got 11 caps but I can't ever remember him doing anything in a game.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

stavros880 posted:

Faletau replacing James King on the bench. Does anyone have any idea what James King does? He's got 11 caps but I can't ever remember him doing anything in a game.

Idk, what does Rob Howley do? He just seems to own a photocopier.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Finally got to watch Ireland and Scotland, fair enough to Scotland they won it by being good at rugby. I'm actually glad to see them finally front the gently caress up and win one it's been coming a while. Hogg and Gray for the lions.
Because O Gara is being himself I'm going to tell my O Gara story, when I was a young lad when Ronan was playing for Cork Con he came down to play my club just after breaking into the Irish team for the first time. A mate of mine spent the entire game slagging o Gara from the side lines. Con won and after the match when they were getting on the bus my mate shouted something to him. Ronan came over and lifted at the time a 13 year old boy up by the throat against the bus and told him if he ever came to Cork he'd fight him. He's been a hyper competitive dick head since before he ever got paid to play.
To be fair though I always thought he was good.

SomeDrunkenMick fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 10, 2017

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Pack it in Englanders, game set and match for Wales:

The Independent posted:

George North is losing his battle to be fit for Saturday’s Six Nations encounter between Wales and England, with Alex Cuthbert set to replace the wing after being retained with the squad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-a7572856.html

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

In the mid-week media briefings, Eddie Jones is refusing to recognise Wales as being a country.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

George Clancy update: still an utterly incompetent buffoon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I listened to the under 21's on the radio. Wales had England down to 13 men and were within one score of the lead with all the momentum going into the last 10 minutes, and then they hosed it up and let England get a relatively easy try.

It sounded like some quality Scotlanding.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface posted:

I listened to the under 21's on the radio. Wales had England down to 13 men and were within one score of the lead with all the momentum going into the last 10 minutes, and then they hosed it up and let England get a relatively easy try.

It sounded like some quality Scotlanding.

Butchering an opportunity against 13 men? Sounds like they're ready to take the step up to senior team.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Looks like George is fit, no Cuthbert

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Looks like George is fit, no Cuthbert

Boo! I wanted to see Sloth gently caress it up again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Although now I cant actually find anything online to confirm it, just heard on local radio

48 nil to England in the ladies game, BBC 2 wales

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 11, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
RIP Rory.

gently caress you ITV.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was he sparko or just depressed that he dropped it? I didn't see something clock him.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hit the ground with the side of his head I think.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Italy are looking scratchy as gently caress.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's the worst successful conversion kick I have ever seen

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was so bad it was beautiful.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

julian assflange posted:

That's the worst successful conversion kick I have ever seen

I looked away after the initial kick and was very confused when the score ticked up

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Even the German commentators on the channel I'm watching had a chuckle over it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So thin in the defence. They're all tightly packed so people can rush out of the line without leaving huge holes, and Ireland are just holding it in until they've pulled everybody in and have a three man overlap.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Welp, thanks for showing up again Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Absolute loving shambles.