Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

In that case, someone should mod that perk to be called "Tumbleweed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah it's either hilarious or infuriating depending on the situation.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

Exactly as you might guess - kind of a perma-roll until you toggle it again.
Hmm, developers of SSE were clearly inspired by PVP in ESO.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Was Civil War Overhaul ever ported to SSE before the creator took it down?

you don't want it

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hey guys, I need a little help. A while back I was modding skyrim, have SKSE, sperg, some smaller mods. However I had a lovely gpu and it was running all janky, and I was messing with capping the fps a bit, I know I was editing an .ini file to do it. Now I have a better GPU, and skyrim is still locked at 34 fps, and I can't seem to find the .ini file that I edited. I don't think its Skyrim_default.ini in the main folder, it's only a couple of paragraphs and it's not in there anywhere. Between steam, and SKSE, I have a ton of folders I'd have to search through to find it.

e: if it's possible to adjust through the console, I may have did it that way actually but if so I don't remember the command

e: found it. I forgot I downloaded a mod, and I was tweaking the .cfg file. Now that I have a better GPU should I get rid of that, or just set that cfg file to default? e2: I just set it at default and everything is working smoothly now. Woooo, still runs at 60 even on Ultra. Wondering if I should dip my toes in graphics mods now.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 25, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

you probably edited an enb ini

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone just have a shop's entire inventory disappear forever? I haven't been able to buy or sell from Belethor across several saves. I know the usual drill for getting to the bottom of this sort of thing but thought I'd ask first in case it's common. Playing SSE, so I'm sure most of us have pretty similar lists right now.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Apparently that's a known thing with Belethor and allegedly this mod fixes it. I haven't had the problem myself, but read about it the other day when I installed the General Goods Fences mod

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Not so much a mod, but having Payday 2 masks to replace the Dragonpreist masks would be funny. Plus I'd stealth Skyrim if I could put the soundtrack in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65DItvT3Rks

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Bootcha posted:

Not so much a mod, but having Payday 2 masks to replace the Dragonpreist masks would be funny. Plus I'd stealth Skyrim if I could put the soundtrack in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65DItvT3Rks

gently caress me, we needed those drat alchemists! I'm going with nightshade.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there a console command to pull the current weather code? I tried getweather but it wouldn't take. I can use sw/fw just fine -- but those don't help, I want to see the current weather ID, not change it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is there a script extender for the special edition yet? I've been putting off playing it for a while but now me and a friend have finally decided to start playing it and google didn't turn up any confirmed information but you probably know better than I do.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Is there a script extender for the special edition yet? I've been putting off playing it for a while but now me and a friend have finally decided to start playing it and google didn't turn up any confirmed information but you probably know better than I do.

Not yet, they are actively working on it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

no bones about it posted:

Not yet, they are actively working on it.

Cool, thanks. We've decided to just go with the regular edition then and have started collecting mods. He's played through the game unmodded once before, so I'm just compiling a list of poo poo for him to grab. This series is aiding greatly.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The script extender team gave a loose date of mid march for porting over all the previous functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3b9pcgzZSk

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nuebot posted:

Cool, thanks. We've decided to just go with the regular edition then and have started collecting mods. He's played through the game unmodded once before, so I'm just compiling a list of poo poo for him to grab. This series is aiding greatly.

I'd strongly recommend going with the special edition. You're not actually missing a whole lot.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Does the Special Edition still need all the cleaning, etc. from the STEP setup process?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Depends on whether SE comes as one ESM file or multiple (like, skyrim.esm and an update.esm). If so, then it might not hurt to do the check for ITM records. Even if not, there could be UDRs. Ultimately, running through those steps on whatever SE comes in will show whether there is anything to clean when you do them.

FlyingKipper
May 11, 2005

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Does the Special Edition still need all the cleaning, etc. from the STEP setup process?

Yes it does. It uses the same esm's with the same UDR and ITM records. Just follow the normal STEP process for those.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So playing through skyrim again for the first time since beating it on release (SE and DLC (dlc for first time)). Was looking for a few specific mods:

- Fishing - It would be cool to have a fishing mod to allow you to catch food in rivers and lakes and such.
- First person horse mode.

And help or options here?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

strategery posted:

So playing through skyrim again for the first time since beating it on release (SE and DLC (dlc for first time)). Was looking for a few specific mods:

- Fishing - It would be cool to have a fishing mod to allow you to catch food in rivers and lakes and such.

Bow fishing exists in the game already! Just park yourself at s waterfall.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

strategery posted:

First person horse riding mode really requires SKSE in order to place the camera there without loving with the camera elsewhere

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

strategery posted:

There's a fishing mod for Oldrim but idk if it can be converted to SE: https://skyrimsurvival.com/home/artofthecatch/

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

GunnerJ posted:

There's a fishing mod for Oldrim but idk if it can be converted to SE: https://skyrimsurvival.com/home/artofthecatch/

Ah thanks :D

Any option for categorizing inventory in a private stash so it isnt all in one giant list?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

strategery posted:

Ah thanks :D

Any option for categorizing inventory in a private stash so it isnt all in one giant list?

SkyUI is an essential mod for playing the game at all but I don't know if it's been ported to SE yet.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Entropic posted:

SkyUI is an essential mod for playing the game at all but I don't know if it's been ported to SE yet.

There's an older version (without the mod control menus because they need SKSE) that works with Special Edition.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The Enhanced Camera mod for Oldrim gives you 1st person horse riding. But that can't be ported to SE before SKSE is out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I recall seeing a mod fairly recently that increases the variety of generic NPCs and generic faction NPCs in SE without actually increasing their numbers, but for the life of me I cant recall the name, and it's making it difficult to find. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

A.o.D. posted:

I recall seeing a mod fairly recently that increases the variety of generic NPCs and generic faction NPCs in SE without actually increasing their numbers, but for the life of me I cant recall the name, and it's making it difficult to find. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about?

Diversity? Link is for SE, but I think there's an Oldrim version.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ElMudo posted:

Diversity? Link is for SE, but I think there's an Oldrim version.

No, the mod I'm thinking of didn't change existing characters, but increased the variety of generic NPCs that would get spawned. More female Nords in the Stormcloaks, all races, (even beasts) in Imperial patrols, more Vampire racial diversity, etc.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was on the right track for the name.

Diverse Skyrim

And I thought there was another one that was pulled in some mod author drama.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 4, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ElMudo posted:

I was on the right track for the name.

Diverse Skyrim

And I thought there was another one that was pulled in some mod author drama.

That's it!.... and it's only for oldrim. Damnit. Thanks for finding it, anyhow.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is there anywhere that I can find a list of Good(TM) SE mods yet, like the OP is for Oldrim?

Also is there a good mod manager out for it yet?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of Good(TM) SE mods yet, like the OP is for Oldrim?

Also is there a good mod manager out for it yet?
Maybe try this list? But there are not many mods (yet).

And I think developer of Mod Organizer was hired by Nexus to work on Nexus Mod Manager? So there won't be Mod Organizer for SE, but NMM might be less poo poo.

Edit: Oh, right, so there is MO for SE now, developed by some other people.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 5, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Isn't there actually a version of Mod Organizer that works with SE now?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Is there a way to use a gamepad and keyboard at the same time? I prefer dicking about with a controller as I can lean back in my chair, but sometimes it's nice to be able to use the keyboard as well without having to go into the menu and uncheck or check the controller option. FWIW I'm using a ps4 controller with ds4windows

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Is there a way to use a gamepad and keyboard at the same time? I prefer dicking about with a controller as I can lean back in my chair, but sometimes it's nice to be able to use the keyboard as well without having to go into the menu and uncheck or check the controller option. FWIW I'm using a ps4 controller with ds4windows

Have you tried turning off the other software assistance and configuring the playstation and xbox controller support Steam added in the past few updates? You need to turn on Big Picture Mode to configure it. Once activated, you can go into the controller settings and perform keybindings for each button.

Mind you, I haven't tried this, but it could work.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

I went back a couple pages, and read the OP and didn't see any preference for something besides Mod Organizer for SSE since MO2 is apparently dead in the water since Nexus snagged the core person. Are people actually trying to use the version of MO that was picked up by the community and is on Nexus currently, or should I just dehumanize myself and face towards NMM?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So I remember reading about open cities and gategate years ago. I would have thought that it would have sorted itself out by now, but the Open Cities page on the nexus has comments indicating that there are still oblivion gates in the cities, and a 'patch' won't be available until the script extender is out. Is that correct or does anybody know a guy where I can get this mod sans gates? I checked that mod piracy reddit :shh: in the OP but didn't find anything there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

So I remember reading about open cities and gategate years ago. I would have thought that it would have sorted itself out by now, but the Open Cities page on the nexus has comments indicating that there are still oblivion gates in the cities, and a 'patch' won't be available until the script extender is out. Is that correct or does anybody know a guy where I can get this mod sans gates? I checked that mod piracy reddit :shh: in the OP but didn't find anything there.
You can always just target gates in console and type disable. But I never used that mod, so I am not sure if it changes also something else (some surroundings...)?

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 6, 2017