Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

E-flat posted:

Also, for being a shibito, Missus Takato doesn't sound too happy :(

But she looks happy as a clam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Jim Flatline posted:

It's less disturbing when you realise she just has a scallop for a head:

Awwww, it's cute :3:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Jim Flatline posted:

It's less disturbing when you realise she just has a scallop for a head:

I know this might be beautiful to look for some people but ... yech, get that away from me.

I think I figured out what happened with the twins Shiro/Kei, although I don't know what purpose would such a development serve (...).

I am nowhere close to understanding what's happening with Kyoya though.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Back in the day 'Shibito Burger' was a big thing. There was another big meme at the time, but it's kind of a spoiler. I'll point it out at the time though.

I was going to bring up Shibito Burger; good to see another Siren veteran beat me to it. :burger:

For some reason Reiko's burgerface makes me cringe real hard in a way the other brains don't. Maybe it's because that growth looks like her lips just kept swelling until they engulfed her entire face and I picture it's all just sensitive and raw mouth flesh being exposed to the elements and bullets. Gross.

Snoop Radley fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 31, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I didnt even recognize her as a Brain Shibito and thought she was something else entirely that hadnt been introduced yet

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

the_american_dream posted:

I didnt even recognize her as a Brain Shibito and thought she was something else entirely that hadnt been introduced yet

The infamous lip shibito

supergreatfriend
Oct 16, 2008

ask me about
COFFEE

P.56 - Use My Eyes

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

supergreatfriend posted:

P.56 - Use My Eyes

Is it possible to see Tamon when Kyoya gains Miyako-vision? Can you still sight jack shibito/Tamon during that sequence?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I have a deep suspicion regarding Kei and precisely what happened in the last Kei and Shiro cutscene. The twin thing particularly raises alarms about it.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I'm confused. Is the red water good or bad? Why aren't Kei, Kyoya, and Tamon dead? Where's Yoriko, wasn't she at ground zero with them all? Isn't finding her even the slightest bit of a priority for Tamon? Why did Kei give Kyoya that effigy? Why aren't any of them shibitos by now?

Are we going to get any answers?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I understood it like this : a bit of red water will heal your wounds and revive you from close to death, but you cannot let all your blood get replaced by it, that is really really bad.

Edut: not sure if SGF ever talked about this, but I swear the red rain regens your Ingame health faster.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 2, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Wait, there's health regeneration?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I could swear there is in stages with red rain, yeah. I could be crazy however, but I took three shots over the course of a stage where two killed me in quick succession

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
There's gradual health generation in every stage regardless of whether it's raining or not. The implication, I think, is that the influence of the red water is pretty much everywhere. Consider the fact that even when it's not raining, there's fog in many stages. I don't think there's any water left in Hanuda that isn't cursed.

Red water heals you as you soak it up, but the more you have it in your system, the closer you are to becoming a shibito, which is why straight-up dunking yourself in it (Naoko) and/or dying (Akira, Reiko) speeds up the process. Also it seems to affect different individuals at different rates.

There are answers. Some of them have already hinted at already but the game leaves a lot of gaps for the player to fill in themselves so it's probably best to break out the supplementary material once the LP is over. (I can't wait) (for the plot discussion I mean, not for the LP to be over because I will be sad)

Snoop Radley fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 2, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Snoop Radley posted:

There's gradual health generation in every stage regardless of whether it's raining or not. The implication, I think, is that the influence of the red water is pretty much everywhere. Consider the fact that even when it's not raining, there's fog in many stages. I don't think there's any water left in Hanuda that isn't cursed.

Yeah, I remembered something like that, but it's been a while since I played this or the remake.

Thanks for clarifying.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So at this point who is still alive/normal-ish and not shibitofied or burnt/sacrificed?

My list is: Kyoya, Kei (...), Tamon, Harumi and Hisako. And maybe Jun (?) but he seems to be barely in the story (other than attacking Kyoya and Miyako earlier) and would anyone care of be affected if he died or is a Shibito now?

Yoriko is another maybe, because of her weird voice in the previous video.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lmao it's so obvious what happened between Kei and Shiro and people acting coy and being like "Oh my... I wonder if... no it couldn't be" is really, really dumb.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SGFs OP posted:

If you haven't played SIREN? Speculate away! It'll be a while before we get any concrete answers.
I mean - having never played or seen this part of the game before - my gut/horror movie instinct obviously says the one clearly psychopathic guy shot the other and took his clothes/identity, leaving his white labcoat behind

but being shot doesn't really mean much in this kind of neighborhood anymore, we don't know why or to what end - just to give Kyoya his magic artillery?, and the game hints at it so hard i kinda hope it's a double fake-out

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 2, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Like maybe we can hold out that they are being clever and interesting but there is really only one reason that they would specifically make the two twins.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Okay I have a theory.

Blind girl (Miyako?) is on the other side of the Mirror Gate. But we saw her burn.

Shiro said he knew the way out, and now we find his charred lab coat. So he burned too?

Maybe this "otherworld" is one side of the gate, and getting cremated (thus leaving nothing here to be shibitoed) gets you to the normal world on the other side? Unless you know how to open the gate, so you can pass through without dying.

I am probably totally wrong. I can't wait to see what's really going on.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Paul Zuvella posted:

Like maybe we can hold out that they are being clever and interesting but there is really only one reason that they would specifically make the two twins.

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at. I guess you're saying they could be switched? Kei is acting as he always has so I don't really think that happened.

The fact that even SGF seemed to imply something other than Shiro shooting himself in the face says something in any case.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Momomo posted:

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at. I guess you're saying they could be switched? Kei is acting as he always has so I don't really think that happened.

The fact that even SGF seemed to imply something other than Shiro shooting himself in the face says something in any case.

I just don't see why he'd want to disguise as Kei, in the first place. Tamon clearly doesn't give a poo poo, and Kyoya has met Kei maybe once. What's the point?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

And More posted:

I just don't see why he'd want to disguise as Kei, in the first place. Tamon clearly doesn't give a poo poo, and Kyoya has met Kei maybe once. What's the point?

Well, maybe if we assume Shiro is a little more nuts than previously thought and taking his comment about not wanting to be a monster in that light, I could see a crazy dude coming to the conclusion that "becoming" someone else who hasn't done all the monstrous things Shiro has done would accomplish that.

Also with all the red water talk I only just now made the link between the red water's healing powers and how too much turns you into a shibito and how the shibito can heal from anything. Feel a bit dumb that it took this long.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

And More posted:

Considering their last conversation and that shiro is clearly deranged
Maybe its not a disguise for him,its clearly something more

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Arkanumzilong posted:

Considering their last conversation and that shiro is clearly deranged
Maybe its not a disguise for him,its clearly something more

It's a distinct possibility.

"Do you know what its like to feel inferior to your own double?"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Paul Zuvella posted:

MIka and Risa were also twins. The game clearly has a duality theme, although to what end I'm not sure.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

vortmax posted:

Okay I have a theory.

I really like that theory.

also lets remember that during the closing cutscene where Kyoya is rocking out, hes using some sort of magical power to burn the Shibito where they stand, possibly sending them to the otherside / freeing them from their fate?

Hard to guess how Shiro would have figured out that potential escape route however.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Starsfan posted:

I really like that theory.

also lets remember that during the closing cutscene where Kyoya is rocking out, hes using some sort of magical power to burn the Shibito where they stand, possibly sending them to the otherside / freeing them from their fate?

Hard to guess how Shiro would have figured out that potential escape route however.

Also, this might give a reason why Hisako immolated Ayako.

Also why are we spoiling theories? I think we're far enough down from the last episode that no one's at risk of seeing something spoiled from the most recent video.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

From a cultural or thematic standpoint there are multiple reasons as to why they could be twins
Though by now it is clear the angle they are using

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, I think the specific inclusion of multiple sets of twins (and the space given to them in the archives) means that it's more of a leitmotif than just a little character study / costume switch / body horror

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Shoeless posted:

Also why are we spoiling theories? I think we're far enough down from the last episode that no one's at risk of seeing something spoiled from the most recent video.
I dunno, sometimes overeager posters take a theory discussion and run it straight up into spoiler territory so for people who want to guess themselves i'd rather be considerately safe than sorry. Probably doesn't matter at this point though.

Also since the game has shown us the ending(?) - multiple times now, as it should - i hope if it's setting up some twist it's not just some "yeah that rocking cutscene is just a dream/parallel world/an Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" thing.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

drat. The latest Witness was kinda disheartening. You can solve the starbursts , SGF!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

RoeCocoa posted:

But she looks happy as a clam.
:backtowork: Harumi, you shouldn't wander off by yourself

Momomo posted:

No way Kei has been acting as he always has. Kei is the dude who knows nothing, who cradles his head in Hisako's lap, who's unable to attack Mina. Shiro is the spiteful go-getter who murders a girl he impregnated.

Their voices a little different too. Shiro's is more... disaffected? Especially as time goes on and he gets more tired of this poo poo.

It's also suspicious that Kei's mission after that cutscene he has all of Shiro's stuff. And he incapacitates a bunch of shibito, when I can't recall him doing that on previous missions, or if frankly he ever had any weapons to do that with?

Also, this might be the best piece of evidence and I just noticed it.

Shiro has a mole on his right cheek. Kei doesn't.

And it's really hard to tell with the graphical quality, but it kinda looks like Kei has a mole here in the mission after the mysterious shooting scene.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Also since the game has shown us the ending(?) - multiple times now, as it should - i hope if it's setting up some twist it's not just some "yeah that rocking cutscene is just a dream/parallel world/an Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" thing.
I'm rather convinced the ending(?) isn't the true ending--or at least, it's the "bad end" in which the characters don't fulfill what they need to do to break the cycle or whatever, especially because we keep seeing it and we've yet to "complete" the game. Like, the characters have yet to fulfill their second objectives, which they need to do in order to have whatever happen so the cycle can be broken, so time loops until the characters do what they need to. Which I imagine is more visceral when you're playing this for the first time and you're probably replaying missions over and over trying to figure out the second objectives.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am not sure an ending where you asplode all the baddies in a rockpocalypse can be called the bad end.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

But is it really when all you wanted was to get out?

Miyako also was a priority for Kyoya I guess.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Akira's fate was cruel but worked, Naoko's was darkly ironic, but Reiko's is just brutal. Hopefully at least one character makes it out ok.

Also, I'm digging the RE 7 videos, it's hard to find a let's play that is calm and well done, rather than mugging for the camera.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

OldMemes posted:

Also, I'm digging the RE 7 videos, it's hard to find a let's play that is calm and well done, rather than mugging for the camera.
I mostly bought the game so i could watch the bumble-through spoiler-free. This was both a good and bad idea.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Sometimes I think he goes a bit quickly on things though. Like the button/key assignment, or "2 a's" Tamara.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

drat. The latest Witness was kinda disheartening. You can solve the starbursts , SGF!

SGF, the reflector for the laser thing looks plausible (and if that theory is correct I'd assume that wheel-panel beneath it controls its orientation), but I was wondering if maybe that floating panel in the sun temple that you skipped can rotate the laser itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Hey, we got a laser! Sure it's not pointed in the right direction yet, but it's on. That's plenty for me.
I'm pretty sure there was another environmental puzzle on the flower wall, not just that green one...

I'm also kind of sad that Siren is nearly over. Are you planning to do Siren 2, SGF?

• Locked thread