Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Former Human posted:

Howard goofing on olde time DJs and recounting all his crappy memories of WNBC is always gold. I could listen to a four hour show like that.

That and Howard doing the impression of his parents.

:jewish: Who's that on the phone?
:witch: Howard.
:jewish:Who?
:witch: It's Howard!
:jewish:..........WHO?

Yeah, those are both the kind of things that keep me listening. He's had a TON of material for both, because in the last few years, his parents are getting even more cartoonish, and all of those old radio guys have been dying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

His father is stone cold deaf now, right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

haljordan posted:

His father is stone cold deaf now, right?

he has a hearing aid he doesnt wear.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Former Human posted:

Howard goofing on olde time DJs and recounting all his crappy memories of WNBC is always gold. I could listen to a four hour show like that.

That and Howard doing the impression of his parents.

:jewish: Who's that on the phone?
:witch: Howard.
:jewish:Who?
:witch: It's Howard!
:jewish:..........WHO?

Do they still have phone extensions? I forgot those existed until I called my elderly aunt and uncle over the holidays.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 4, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
John poo poo bricks on Twitter at Artie's podcast with Grillo. Artie fired back some. It's about as bad and dumb as you think.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crotch Bat posted:

John poo poo bricks on Twitter at Artie's podcast with Grillo. Artie fired back some. It's about as bad and dumb as you think.

What did Artie say about John's daughter?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Bonzo posted:

What did Artie say about John's daughter?

She doesn't have a transmission in her car.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Artie didn't have a problem with John back when they did yet another tag-team "gently caress Howard" podcast a year or two ago. Look how quickly he turns on people.

It's like Artie is trying to dig up anyone and everyone he can from his past and poo poo on them to get attention or something, like when he went after Bryan Callen on Twitter completely out of the blue. I know Artie is an obese junkie who hates himself but good lord, move on.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Former Human posted:

It's like Artie is trying to dig up anyone and everyone he can from his past and poo poo on them to get attention or something, like when he went after Bryan Callen on Twitter completely out of the blue. I know Artie is an obese junkie who hates himself but good lord, move on.

You might remember my posts about it from a few months ago but the Bryan Callen thing was where I finally got aboard the "gently caress artie" train. That's where it all finally clicked for me.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What did he say about Brian callen?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He posted a pic of all 8 or whatever of the original Madtv cast and he was like "love all of you, except for bryan callen, he was the only one who didn't try to help me, gently caress him".

This was in the first year of the show so this motherfucker needed not 1 or 2 but ALL SEVEN of his co-workers (who I imagine JUST met him since it was year 1 of the show) to drop everything they're doing to help him with his drug addiction problem, something I imagine very few people can even do anything about. And is still mad about it. He tried to play it off as joking but I don't buy it tbh. 6/7 people helping was not good enough for him. This was like a few months ago. Season 1 of madtv aired in 1995.

Sorry for gettin so heated but that really rubbed me the wrong way. Call me heartless but I cannot imagine someone I just started working with, at a brand new job, feeling entitled to EVERYONE helping them full time with a personal problem.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 5, 2017

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artie needs to followup these killer rants with one of those cool shots of him in a leather jacket smoking a cigarette. It's so... counter culture and edgy.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Former Human posted:

Artie didn't have a problem with John back when they did yet another tag-team "gently caress Howard" podcast a year or two ago. Look how quickly he turns on people.

Lol, just because Artie made fun of him doesn't mean he has a problem with him. That's what he does. That's what everyone on the Stern show did. It's nothing mean spirited. When John was on Artie's podcast, Artie made fun of him then too, and John did the same thing. He got defensive and Artie had to say "Oh calm down, I'm just busting your balls."

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah like when Artie called High Pitch Mike a human being and said Sal's kids should get AIDS. I take it you haven't read any of Artie's tweets either? "Just busting balls" is always his excuse when he alienates people for no reason.

Actually he has a reason, but it really has nothing to do with the other person.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Former Human posted:

He didn't turn on John, he just made fun of him for the senator video like literally every other Stern fan in the world. John was absolutely the overly sensitive one here not Artie.

That video of John saying he's going to run for senator is Gary tape levels of bad and if the show was still slanted as such they'd rip on this tape for a week easily. What Artie and Grillo did was well within the boundaries of good Stern show ball busting.

Artie has problems but dear god you people read so much into everything he does like it's all going according to a textbook case of junkie fuckup syndrome. There's not always an ulterior motive to everything Artie does.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 5, 2017

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm still just in awe to think about the fact that The President of the United States has spoken to Eric the Midget and met Beetlejuice.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

an adult beverage posted:

I'm still just in awe to think about the fact that The President of the United States has spoken to Eric the Midget and met Beetlejuice.

Coo' be.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Artie has problems but dear god you people read so much into everything he does like it's all going according to a textbook case of junkie fuckup syndrome. There's not always an ulterior motive to everything Artie does.

This is coming from the guy who posted a bunch of anecdotes about Sam Simon and declared he was an "enormous piece of poo poo" among other hyperbolic stuff. Haha ok buddy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I hate it when there's fighting in this thread :ohdear:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Former Human posted:

Yeah like when Artie called High Pitch Mike a human being and said Sal's kids should get AIDS. I take it you haven't read any of Artie's tweets either? "Just busting balls" is always his excuse when he alienates people for no reason.

Actually he has a reason, but it really has nothing to do with the other person.

No, that was when Artie was mad. Mike and Sal said horrible poo poo to Artie too, like talking about his dad that died. Artie was not mad at John. He was just making the same jokes that Jackie would make or the same jokes anyone at the Howard Stern show used to make about John. Ripping on his stutter.

The reason is because he's a comedian.

What tweets?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Former Human posted:

This is coming from the guy who posted a bunch of anecdotes about Sam Simon and declared he was an "enormous piece of poo poo" among other hyperbolic stuff. Haha ok buddy.

*Stuttering John releases poorly prepared video of him declaring for Senate*
*every Stern fan in the world collectively laughs and does a stuttering impression*
*Artie goofs on this in his podcast*

ARTIE TURNED ON JOHN JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wasn't just talking about his one podcast and you should know that since my posts are on the very same page of this thread. Not hard to find. There's a ton of things people have mentioned about Artie in general, not one video about John. You have to be so disingenuous to try to make a point? Come up with a real argument.

Also try to defend your double standard. When you criticize Sam Simon and read into things you know nothing about, based totally on hearsay, and call him a piece of poo poo, it's fine. When people criticize Artie based on all of the tape of him on Stern, his physical attacks on people, stuff on his podcast, various interviews on other radio shows, and on Twitter, it's out of line. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This sounds like Stuttering John. I wonder if it is.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I hate it when there's fighting in this thread :ohdear:

Ima be real here, I love it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
John apparently approached Artie and asked him not to make fun of this one particular thing, his bid for the Senate. Artie apparently told him that he wouldn't. Artie then did make fun of his bid for the Senate. This is the only problem I have with all of this, but it's a big one, and it makes Artie come across as a bad person/friend.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does John actually think he's going to be elected?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

YeahTubaMike posted:

John apparently approached Artie and asked him not to make fun of this one particular thing, his bid for the Senate. Artie apparently told him that he wouldn't. Artie then did make fun of his bid for the Senate. This is the only problem I have with all of this, but it's a big one, and it makes Artie come across as a bad person/friend.

If it was anyone other than Stuttering John I would agree, but gently caress John. He hosed over lots of people on the Stern show by leaking private info to Howard, which eventually made it to air. Gary and Jackie said this numerous times, to the point where they stopped having personal conversations with John.

Case in point - He was the one who told the $500 hooker story to Howard and was one of the guys pressuring Artie to tell it, even after Artie told him that it wasn't for the air. My timing might be off, but wasn't the reason that Artie wanted it kept quiet because he banged the hooker whilst he just started dating Dana? That's the kind of friend John is.

God bless Scott the Engineer for loving John over before he left and giving his audition tape to Howard.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah I don't think I'll ever have much sympathy for John.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Okay but where in my post did I say I had any sympathy for John? Just because I think Artie is a bad friend for betraying John's trust doesn't mean that I don't think John had it coming.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

God bless Scott the Engineer for loving John over before he left and giving his audition tape to Howard.

Niggerless Cage and Pameler Anduhson never fail to make me laugh.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Former Human posted:

I wasn't just talking about his one podcast and you should know that since my posts are on the very same page of this thread. Not hard to find. There's a ton of things people have mentioned about Artie in general, not one video about John. You have to be so disingenuous to try to make a point? Come up with a real argument.

Also try to defend your double standard. When you criticize Sam Simon and read into things you know nothing about, based totally on hearsay, and call him a piece of poo poo, it's fine. When people criticize Artie based on all of the tape of him on Stern, his physical attacks on people, stuff on his podcast, various interviews on other radio shows, and on Twitter, it's out of line. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Well said.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Niggerless Cage and Pameler Anduhson never fail to make me laugh.

It's to the point that every Pam I know is a Pameler and even Tammy becomes Tameler. It's stupid but I don't care.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Pameler Anderson, her lie detector test with Ed Torian is freaking hysterical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBT-gDsmrw&t=336s

Caper fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 5, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Former Human posted:

cry about it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Weird to see Stern on the front page of several news sites this week for his Trump comments.

I listen at work at several people have asked me "is he still even on the air?" The large majority of people have no idea he still does a show which is a shame because I think that, by and large, the switch to Sirius XM has made the show better. Listening to them do what they do uncensored just has a better, more natural flow to it and allows for crazier material overall.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Spinning back to John, I'm shocked that they didn't dig in to him any worse than they did. I guess Stern was still friends with him up until he ripped in to him on Carolla's podcast. I still can't get over that Leno hired a person famous for stuttering to be his announcer.. but not for him to stutter. Stern complains too much, but he was 100% correct that Leno is/was totally lame and that move was weak.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I stopped listening to the live show in June 2013, and started listening to old shows.

It has taken me over three and a half years but I have now listened to all shows from 2003-2008. This is with occasional fast forwards on bits or interviews I've already heard a bunch, or interviews that were duds. I'm surprised that it took me so long- considering that over the past 3.5 years I've had a one hour each way commute, but that was a lot of show and was mostly enjoyable.

The show I think definitely got better at Sirius in '06. The only difference is you definitely see the quality of guest goes down after the satellite move. Not too many A-listers came by from 06-08. Also the quality of caller goes up after the satellite move but I think that was mostly a bad thing since the subscription fee and high start up costs kept away a lot of the batshit crazy callers from terrestrial which are a lot of fun.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ed Torian is amazing.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

an adult beverage posted:

The show I think definitely got better at Sirius in '06. The only difference is you definitely see the quality of guest goes down after the satellite move. Not too many A-listers came by from 06-08. Also the quality of caller goes up after the satellite move but I think that was mostly a bad thing since the subscription fee and high start up costs kept away a lot of the batshit crazy callers from terrestrial which are a lot of fun.

For me, the golden era of the show happened once Sirius finally hit a few million subs, but ended when the merger was proposed.

Before this time, Howard would spend extended segments talking about how great Sirius was and how people should buy it... even though the only people listening would presumably have them already (unless he was talking to the people pirating the show... like me).

Once the merger was proposed, there would be extended segments of Howard talking about the merger that would go on forever. It was after the merger that Artie's decline started and the show kept going downhill from there.

Edit - It is even harder to listen to buy Sirius/support the merger talk after the fact, when we know that Howard had a financial stake the whole time (with the whole audience = bonus/Sirius lawsuit).

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 5, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Ed Torian is amazing.

Half the lie detector questions weren't even Yes/No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

DeadBonesBrook posted:

For me, the golden era of the show happened once Sirius finally hit a few million subs, but ended when the merger was proposed.

Before this time, Howard would spend extended segments talking about how great Sirius was and how people should buy it... even though the only people listening would presumably have them already (unless he was talking to the people pirating the show... like me).

Once the merger was proposed, there would be extended segments of Howard talking about the merger that would go on forever. It was after the merger that Artie's decline started and the show kept going downhill from there.

Edit - It is even harder to listen to buy Sirius/support the merger talk after the fact, when we know that Howard had a financial stake the whole time (with the whole audience = bonus/Sirius lawsuit).

One of the greatest pre-Merger hype shows was an appearance by Jim Cramer in early 2008 trying to pump up the Sirius/XM merger and how it was taking so long. Jim Cramer happened to mention that there was nothing to worry about with the housing market and all this "recession talk" and that people should invest in real estate. :laugh: