Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Beeswax posted:

Holy poo poo take your stupid loving slapfight somewhere else.

The schadenfreude is us, again. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

MrYenko posted:

The schadenfreude is us, again. :(

I tend to enjoy it every time it comes around.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

I like to think this dude just passed out from the g-force of a merry go round spinning kinda fast.

My back of the envelope calculations have them only pulling 2g's on the merry-go-round. My guess is that he just just lost his back support and once that's gone it's not possible for him to recover at that speed.

(Why yes, I am taking a break from Calculus homework. Why do you ask?)

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Aerdan posted:

I enjoy reading wealthy cunts telling poors that they're not allowed to have luxuries.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Random Stranger posted:

My back of the envelope calculations have them only pulling 2g's on the merry-go-round. My guess is that he just just lost his back support and once that's gone it's not possible for him to recover at that speed.

(Why yes, I am taking a break from Calculus homework. Why do you ask?)

I was going to say that, assuming 60 cm radius, the MGR hits 2 g at only 12 km∕hr speed on the outer rim/tyre, which seems low.

When I count frames, though, that checks out (1.1 s per revolution).

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Feb 5, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

2g means his weight has effectively doubled, so pulling his torso upright would be like trying to do a sit-up from a prone position with a child sitting on his chest. That guy doesn't look like much of an athlete.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

How the hell do you even spend that much on candles? Roman Senators probably spent less on candles. How?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

2g means his weight has effectively doubled, so pulling his torso upright would be like trying to do a sit-up from a prone position with a child sitting on his chest. That guy doesn't look like much of an athlete.

It doesn't take that much speed to get to a force that would knock you out on a tiny merry-go-round (which is why I got curious and checked). At about 19kph (or 11mph) on a 60cm ride, you'd expect someone to blackout.

I tried to find video of someone actually doing this and discovered that people nearly killing themselves using motorcycles and merry-go-rounds is common enough that there's entire compilation videos of people hurting themselves doing exactly that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwo9AvTA5xY). As far as I can tell, though, someone looses balance and flails off the merry-go-round, often knocking into surrounding people, before they reach blackout speeds.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

RagnarokZ posted:

How the hell do you even spend that much on candles? Roman Senators probably spent less on candles. How?

:thejoke:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

RagnarokZ posted:

It's a god drat mystery.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

RagnarokZ posted:

Yeah but those were the exploding ones

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RagnarokZ posted:

you should probably check out the rest of @dril

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Or maybe, if you're spending $1500 a year on coffee, you could treat it like an actual luxury and have it every second day?

I enjoy pathetic cunts saying poors can't make changes to improve their positions because then they might feel bad. I'm reading the original zuarg thread right now, and you're advocating the exact poo poo that got his debt growing by $1k a month.

Most financial advice columns aimed at poors tend to tell them to cut out the once-a-week-or-so latte or whatever, because that's totally what's breaking the bank, not the $800/month rent, the $150/month lights, etc. I recognize that this isn't quite to the scale of five lattes a week, 52 weeks a year. (Which, I suspect that the main reason the wealthy cunts don't direct this advice toward people who can afford the $30-a-week lattes is because that'd involve looking in the mirror.)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

RagnarokZ posted:

:allears:

Aerdan posted:

Most financial advice columns aimed at poors tend to tell them to cut out the once-a-week-or-so latte or whatever, because that's totally what's breaking the bank, not the $800/month rent, the $150/month lights, etc. I recognize that this isn't quite to the scale of five lattes a week, 52 weeks a year. (Which, I suspect that the main reason the wealthy cunts don't direct this advice toward people who can afford the $30-a-week lattes is because that'd involve looking in the mirror.)
Sounds to me like the poors need to save money by not buying the magazines with all those useless financial advice columns!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Simply Simon posted:

Sounds to me like the poors need to save money by not buying the magazines with all those useless financial advice columns!

... They're all online.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Jesus gently caress you people, I'm German as all hell, how are there multiple people gathered today in this thread even more completely devoid of humour? Is it my pronounciation that's wrecking things?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Goon: Hey it's possible to spend less on coffee
Goon2: heh how bout gently caress OFF, RICH oval office

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Simply Simon posted:

Jesus gently caress you people, I'm German as all hell, how are there multiple people gathered today in this thread even more completely devoid of humour? Is it my pronounciation that's wrecking things?

I'm sorry, I know shaydenfrood can be hard for you foreigners to understand sometimes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nuebot posted:

I'm sorry, I know shaydenfrood can be hard for you foreigners to understand sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo

Memento has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Feb 6, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
saying "oval office" a bunch won't make one appear and pop your cherry so maybe you could also use a different word sometime

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1-ndsRPxbM
This is a good youtube.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I found out about that when a girl at work (who, to be fair, did not have English or German as their first language) pronounced it the way that video does. I asked her who told her it was pronounced like that and she linked me the video.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the super bowl

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

the falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the super bowl

This is just delicious.

They didn't just blow the lead, they blew it to one of the most hated teams in the NFL I'm a Patriots fan. I can't wait for the reaction videos and memes. I need Patriots haters and Falcons fan's tears to quench my thirst.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Zipperelli. posted:

This is just delicious.

They didn't just blow the lead, they blew it to one of the most hated teams in the NFL I'm a Patriots fan. I can't wait for the reaction videos and memes. I need Patriots haters and Falcons fan's tears to quench my thirst.

Eat all the dicks. If my team was in a poo poo division and got a bye and home field advantage every year they would probably be pretty good too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Random Stranger posted:

It doesn't take that much speed to get to a force that would knock you out on a tiny merry-go-round (which is why I got curious and checked). At about 19kph (or 11mph) on a 60cm ride, you'd expect someone to blackout.

Redout :eng101:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Field Mousepad posted:

Eat all the dicks. If my team was in a poo poo division and got a bye and home field advantage every year they would probably be pretty good too.

:qq:

:lol: Didn't take long as I thought it would to hear from the first hater. Quench my thirst!

Also, poo poo division? Guess you didn't follow too closely this year, huh? It's ok buddy. Maybe next year. :qq:

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Feb 6, 2017

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

If you play the video racing game by that name you can learn the difference between the two

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/828422525432582146

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sponge Baathist posted:

If you play the video racing game by that name you can learn the difference between the two

I remember it from an old flight sim I used to play where the screen would go black around the edges when you pulled positive Gs and red when you pulled negative.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

I remember it from an old flight sim I used to play where the screen would go black around the edges when you pulled positive Gs and red when you pulled negative.

Redout has flying cars in it they do that

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Zipperelli. posted:

This is just delicious.

I just wanted ATL to win bc there's two Clemson guys on their roster and I wanted to see them get rings this year since they didn't in college :smith:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kennel posted:

From the speedrun thread:

the splits on the first one make it better assuming he is using wr splits and not pb splits.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Scarf posted:

I just wanted ATL to win bc there's two Clemson guys on their roster and I wanted to see them get rings this year since they didn't in college :smith:

Honestly, even though I'm a Patriots fan, I wouldn't have been upset losing to the Falcons. They had a hell of a run up to the bowl, knocking out teams that I thought would've stomped them into the turf.

Also, (and correct me if I'm wrong here) they've never won a Super Bowl, so if they had won tonight, ok, good on them :)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

So they’re aren’t many Danish refugees, but there are plenty of countries that have both normal immigrants and refugees.

That red dot in the middle of the blue area in South Africa must make for some awkward town council meetings...

Also I'm sure I'm beaten but just in case