Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Josh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"I have '''''''''friends''''''''' who work at the old folks home. They masturbate so much." -Josh

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

reignofevil posted:

Thirty one minutes in.

They are still talking about the first movie.

hey I was exactly 31 minutes and 10 seconds in when I got bored and decided to check this thread.

hahaha

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
First two minutes in and I just know the next 10 pages will be Josh complaints.

gently caress you all, Josh rules.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i actually like josh, but his beard looks really bad. it's like a very long goattee. reverse muttonchops?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My dad beat Doom on Nightmare

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I dunno I kinda like Josh a bit more than most people I think because he was ripping on himself right at the end. Anyone that can self-depreciate can't be half bad.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
all the movies here are movies (botw material) and not children's educational shows, concerts for old people, videos for pets, gag gifts stretched to hours
i hope that means they're completely giving up on those kinds of things after constantly failing to get any comedy out of them except for once in a while

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

all the movies here are movies (botw material) and not children's educational shows, concerts for old people, videos for pets, gag gifts stretched to hours
i hope that means they're completely giving up on those kinds of things after constantly failing to get any comedy out of them except for once in a while

This, except exactly the opposite

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5tK27IxI3I

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Gutcruncher posted:

One time, my mom tried playing Ecco the Dolphin. She couldn't jump over the first rock in her way. She wouldn't let us help her cuz she wanted to do it on her own. It was infuriating.

As a guy who grew up playing Gabriel Knight, and has created a massive intergalactic trade empire in more than a couple extremely esoteric 4X games, I want to defend your mom here and point out that Ecco the Dolphin is a tremendously obtuse piece of poo poo and she is 100% justified in not being able to leave the first screen. gently caress that piece of poo poo game I wanted to like it but it's worse than A Boy and His Blob.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Oh hey, Teach-Mom is Laurie from That 70s Show. RIP in Peace, man.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Space Pliskin...space...space pliskin

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KakerMix posted:

I dunno I kinda like Josh a bit more than most people I think because he was ripping on himself right at the end. Anyone that can self-depreciate can't be half bad.

I think that's what makes Red Letter Media poo poo in general good as opposed to the sea of youtube garbage it competes against. They're critical enough of their own work to realise when somebody is doing some annoying poo poo, poke fun at it and then have the person take it in stride. On any other youtube or podcast thing Josh would've caused a death spiral that killed it off, on BOTW it's a hilarious bit now.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Josh's beard is inexcusable.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This, except exactly the opposite

:same:

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/8hAovTH_n8M

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
What the gently caress are you people on? Josh's combover is loving awful, his beard is fine.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have any statistics on how much old people and their caregivers jerk off with/at each other?

Josh is good. He is more than willing to fall in the sword of his own jokes and they took his problems to heart especially with that ending.

He also help give us that juicy Shaq meat.

Jack still sucks though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jack is much better than Josh because he at least is friends with Rich so they can joke a lot with eachother as you saw in the intro to the episode. Josh and Mike together was just painful and that is the greatest crime of all

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Josh might be one of those guys who could pull off the big silly beard and bald head look. You kind of have to be a big fat jolly nerd to do it, and it'd definitely be better than horseshoe bald. Horseshoe bald looks good on nobody.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Does anyone have any statistics on how much old people and their caregivers jerk off with/at each other?

It's way more than whatever amount you're thinking.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
josh:not that funny guys...

shut the gently caress up u dont know poo poo u fucker!!!!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I love that they still won't let Jack drop the ball.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
josh really sucks at the whole "yes, and..." improv thing. all his responses to the funny ones' jokes are basically "yes." at least in this episode his dangling modifier set mike up for a funny joke, but even after mike made the joke about his friends jerking off josh had to go and add "oh I won't judge them haha lmao" unfunnily.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah he's certainly the weakest link in the cast. But he's in most of their stuff, they clearly enjoy his company.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he is Jays friend and Jay wields great power in milwaukee

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wow they went hard on Josh in this episode so I approve, I don't approve of having Jack and Josh but no Jay at the panel though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jay had important business to attend to... He is basically the man holdng milwaukee together with his beautiful bare hands

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Zzulu posted:

he is Jays friend and Jay wields great power in milwaukee

Zzulu posted:

Jay had important business to attend to... He is basically the man holdng milwaukee together with his beautiful bare hands

The Milwaukee Mob?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

So many parts during the discussion where Josh was about to say something and people cut him off intentionally, it was very good

Edit: I can't find it now but I know there was one where he raises his hand to speak even

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How much soup can Josh's beard sop up? Half a bowlful at least. That thing is gross.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

josh is the straight man of rlm.

the only straight man

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Never even been to the manhole.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did Mike start the show already tanked this time or have movies finally killed his soul?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The reason they put all the childrens educational shows and old people concerts on BotW is because they hope they're as short as possible. There's a running theme that they just want to get them over with as fast as possible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

Josh's beard is inexcusable.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Roger Corman is too good for BotW.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
I'm gonna post the same thing I did over in the Blockbuster Video RLM thread because... gently caress it.

Space Raiders was one of those movies that was on HBO a LOT when I was a kid, and it used to piss me off that it's basically just 75% recycled footage and music from the far superior Corman flick "Battle Beyond The Stars". I wish the RLM guys were better versed in b-movies so they could call out stuff like that.

You know WHY the models look so good? Because they were made by James loving Cameron for an entirely different movie. You know why it sounds like James Horner is cribbing from himself? Because he was, only not in the way you think. Battle Beyond The Stars came out two years before Wrath of Khan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stryder posted:

I'm gonna post the same thing I did over in the Blockbuster Video RLM thread because... gently caress it.
Lol, why does it exist?

• Locked thread