Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Luci's just better than Marth and Chrom tho

i forgot to post the thing i originally stopped by to post:

5 cost special thingies are a total waste. battles don't last that long. gale force is a red herring. I fuckin wasted 500 SP on Aether, it's poo poo. If it's going off you fuckin won anyway. Luna's better. Stick to the cheap abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lyn's pretty lovely endgame too unfortunately

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Phyresis posted:

ugh camilla and roy suck endgame, lucy's fine, takumi's top tier. i need a fwiggin wobin

I have no idea what you are talking about with Camilla. My five star Camilla just wrecks poo poo.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
So I've been using a 4*Abel since the start since he's been my only blue pull but man does he blow. He's level 24 while the rest of my team is approaching 28 and I just can't get him to do anything useful. He's not very tanky, doesn't do much damage, and the battles are too short to make use of his skill. The only thing going for him is he's calvary so he can run up and finish off weakened units but then he usually dies right afterwards. The rest of my team is Takumi, lil Tiki, and Camilla so I'm pretty loving set but I'm not sure who I should look out for to replace Abel.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hunt11 posted:

I have no idea what you are talking about with Camilla. My five star Camilla just wrecks poo poo.

Endgame. Arena, Tenth Stratum, high level Lunatic. Her attack value is terrible. Her attacks just bounce off of people. I'm cutting her as soon as I can.

Arena's pretty simple if you have the right tools. Robin (Setsuna for paupers) sets up to counter Takumi or whatever. You can kite the entire team away from Hector or whatever tank and just deal with them at the end. Healers are incidentally just not worth a slot. They take up a quarter of your team and this game is completely alpha strike. Like 100% alpha there's no long game at all. The idea is to kill two of theirs with your alpha so that the rest of the match is 4v2.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Camilla's a glass cannon, but the stuff you fight later can survive a hit from her. Which means she's dead and accomplished nothing. Green is a generally bad color since it's weak against Red, which is the most common color because of all the Lords and Tiki and whatnot, and Camilla also throws in a vulnerability to archers and mages (who will always double her because of the brave axe).

I mean, even if she killed literally anything instantly, she still wouldn't be that good because of how fragile she is. But she doesn't, so she's actually kind of bad.

Phyresis posted:

Arena's pretty simple if you have the right tools. Robin (Setsuna for paupers) sets up to counter Takumi or whatever. You can kite the entire team away from Hector or whatever tank and just deal with them at the end. Healers are incidentally just not worth a slot. They take up a quarter of your team and this game is completely alpha strike. Like 100% alpha there's no long game at all. The idea is to kill two of theirs with your alpha so that the rest of the match is 4v2.

I'm playing advanced arena at high levels (35+) using a slow, healer based strategy. Well, it mostly relies on Hector and Takumi, but the basic strategy is to hang back as much as possible so the AI splits themselves up and comes into range one at a time. If necessary, I can also kite annoying people like Lucina.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 6, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Phyresis posted:

Lyn's pretty lovely endgame too unfortunately

She's basically the best at what she does - she's an offensive focused sword lady and will destroy any greens in one turn easy. This isn't very flexible though so if you don't know what you're up against she can end up useless in some matches.

Galeforce is one of the best abilities in the game as well - keep in mind she doubles against practically everyone and that counts as two off her special counter. Paired with a dancer she can pull off some crazy maneuvers.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Clarste posted:

I'm playing advanced arena at high levels (35+) using a slow, healer based strategy. Well, it mostly relies on Hector and Takumi, but the basic strategy is to hang back as much as possible so the AI splits themselves up and comes into range one at a time.

Yeah I mean that works, as long as you know how the AI works and how to lure them out this game is basically just a weird puzzle game more than a tactics game. Yeah I know tactics games are just complex puzzle games but the AI is super, super predictable in this.

acumen posted:

Galeforce is one of the best abilities in the game as well - keep in mind she doubles against practically everyone and that counts as two off her special counter. Paired with a dancer she can pull off some crazy maneuvers.

nah galeforce is awful, when the hell is she getting 5? it's just a win more. and her attack is subpar. Luci just CUTS through defense.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
My very first pull was a 5* Tiki, and she is as strong as she is creepy. I don't have any green units in my fist 10, though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Stagger_Lee posted:

My very first pull was a 5* Tiki, and she is as strong as she is creepy. I don't have any green units in my fist 10, though.

I got Nowi and she's a very well balanced and good hero, but man is she cringey AF.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm not really sure what my strategy should be with summoning, having not played these before. If i should just buy the 5-orb hero and get out if the kind i want most isn't there, or if just having a large number of heroes is helpful and i should always be spending 20 at a time.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Has that 5th battle menu option been bothering anyone else? Apparently, someone digging through the game options found that it will probably be for guild vs guild battle system.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stagger_Lee posted:

I'm not really sure what my strategy should be with summoning, having not played these before. If i should just buy the 5-orb hero and get out if the kind i want most isn't there, or if just having a large number of heroes is helpful and i should always be spending 20 at a time.

It doesn't let you back out until you buy at least one, so that's not an option. Always go in with 20 at a time, just in case, but if there's a color you couldn't care less about feel free to leave it behind.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well guess I'm done with this game. I got the permanent death error 803-3001 that just infinitely loops "return to title screen" which the only apparent fix for is to reinstall the game. I also still could never link my account to MyNintendo because that also errored out on me no matter what.

Good bye Double Camilla and Takumi account. :smith:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well guess I'm done with this game. I got the permanent death error 803-3001 that just infinitely loops "return to title screen" which the only apparent fix for is to reinstall the game. I also still could never link my account to MyNintendo because that also errored out on me no matter what.

Or just don't delete it and maybe an update in the future will fix you?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Ryoma is pretty much the best crab at all levels of play.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So is Effie supposed to be this untouchable wall of slowly approaching death?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

All knights are brutal fucklords right now since there's an abundance of sword units. They're the hard counter to the majority of the current characters.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Of course. What would the point of an Armor unit be if they weren't? One movement is pretty terrible.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There is nothing more infuriating than having the AI opponents kill themselves when I'm trying to farm XP on a single character. All I want is to level up my Leo you stupid game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

If you die on a map do you not get the XP? I could've sworn I just had Setuna go from level 1 to like level 4, then die, then go back to level 1?

You here being a single specific character*

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Correct. If a unit dies they don't keep the exp they got that map

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

If you die on a map do you not get the XP? I could've sworn I just had Setuna go from level 1 to like level 4, then die, then go back to level 1?

You here being a single specific character*

You do not no. Death means no xp...which now that I think about means if you get a lovely stat up you might wanna suicide? Are stat ups already set?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stat ups are fixed.

From what people gather there are a handful of different stat distributions with stat totals within 1-5 points from each other per character.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Haroshia posted:

You do not no. Death means no xp...which now that I think about means if you get a lovely stat up you might wanna suicide? Are stat ups already set?

Stats appear to be fixed with the hash from the start, but yeah I guess I hadn't realized that XP isn't kept and I have been super careless on a lot of training 7-8 runs thinking it didn't matter and must have wasted so much experience.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That... changes a lot of things. Well, I guess I'm glad that instinctively tried to keep everyone alive despite believing that there was no reason to do so.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Clarste posted:

That... changes a lot of things. Well, I guess I'm glad that instinctively tried to keep everyone alive despite believing that there was no reason to do so.

There have been a ton of situations where I've thrown someone away in order to get XP to a different person, but I guess that was shooting myself in the foot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This game is absolutely determined not to give me a usable blue unit or a non-mage red unit.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 3, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

This game is absolutely determined not to give me a usable blue unit or a non-mage red unit.

Thanks for the third 5-star Camilla I guess

Level them to 40, work out which has the best stat spread (+Atk -Res maybe?) and then feed that one the other two.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hooman posted:

Level them to 40, work out which has the best stat spread (+Atk -Res maybe?) and then feed that one the other two.

I'd just like a single character that can deal with high resistance red units

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

Apparently you can run duplicate characters so this may not be always ideal.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Lunatic chapter 9 is insanely tough with my level 40 gold team, hopefully the new maps that open in two hours or so won't be overtuned at the hardest difficulty.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/kymg/status/828284125438054400

ig88yourface
Jan 25, 2011

'Eradicate all biological scum.'

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ugh, I'm with you. I also had Camilla and Takumi and got 3001'ed. I might start playing again if the problem gets fixed, but spending hours rerolling at the risk of getting the same error again sounds like my personal hell.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I'm doing pretty alright so far. First five pull (after a reroll) gave me a 5* Jeorge, who has been slaughtering everything since I got him and making the game extremely easy. Second set of five got me a 5* Lyn, and third got me a 5* Roy. (All from the Legendary Heroes set, i.e. the one that doesn't feature Lyn or Roy.) My team is now those three plus Effie (4*), since my blue and green selection is awful; taking out repeats, I have nine red characters (twelve with repeats), eleven whites, four blues, and three greens. I have more red or white characters than I have blue and green.

Thankfully this isn't holding me back too bad, other than blue enemies occasionally being really annoying. Beat everything in normal mode, making some progress in Hard/Lunatic, and managed a fourth five pull (nothing that good sadly; best was a 4* Fir and I already have Lyn and Roy) and fully upgraded my castle. Working on saving up for another five draw and really hoping for some good blues and/or greens this time.

What are friends in this game good for, apart from showing up randomly in your castle and occasionally giving you things? I haven't seen them do much yet.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Need some advice. I just started chapter 2 after pulling a 5* Lucina in my initial starting pulls. But unfortunately, the rest of my team isn't so hot (besides a 4*) and I have no healer. Should i just re-roll and risk losing my Lucina in hopes of rolling another or multiple 5* as well as a healer? Or should I use the orbs I'm earning now to hopefully pull a healer eventually?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

jjef posted:

Need some advice. I just started chapter 2 after pulling a 5* Lucina in my initial starting pulls. But unfortunately, the rest of my team isn't so hot (besides a 4*) and I have no healer. Should i just re-roll and risk losing my Lucina in hopes of rolling another or multiple 5* as well as a healer? Or should I use the orbs I'm earning now to hopefully pull a healer eventually?

Healers aren't necessary. Lucina is good. Work with her and the 4* then hope for another 5 or 4.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I love how Kozaki draws up how the ridiculous anime hairstyles could work.

They're really nice diagrams.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I love how Kozaki draws up how the ridiculous anime hairstyles could work.

They're really nice diagrams.

I was just thinking that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

cpaf posted:

Lunatic chapter 9 is insanely tough with my level 40 gold team, hopefully the new maps that open in two hours or so won't be overtuned at the hardest difficulty.

Why do Lunatic now? I'd focus on leveling up my whole roster while the XP dungeons are half XP.

Also, has anyone given Gordon a shot? I've seen a lot of talk today about possibly picking him over even Takumi.