Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

drrockso20 posted:

from the Snagglepuss backup in the upcoming Suicide Squad/Banana Splits crossover oneshot(which is going to be leading into a full series later this year)

Their eyes are freaking me out, especially Augie in the last panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Agreed. Augie's sleeves are also fusing together in the last panel.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's reverting to his dog form and must once again sate his bloodlust to continue the conversation.

Who knows what horrible things a pink mountain line must achieve to become humanoid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've said that for the comic it is going to be about Snagglepuss and Huckleberry Hound as playwrights in 50s NYC.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

muscles like this! posted:

They've said that for the comic it is going to be about Snagglepuss and Huckleberry Hound as playwrights in 50s NYC.

I'm down for that because I imagine he'll sound more like classic Snagglepuss when he's younger instead of an older guy.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
They're essentially making Snagglepuss into Tennessee Williams, and I can't tell you how much that thrills me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Seeing these ancient cartoon characters turned into serious business in 2017 is making my old brain confused.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I loving hated Hannah Barbera cartoons. They were the last recourse when you were a child and there was absolutely nothing else on tv, and even then you might as well just watch like the weather or something

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
More of this awesome comic for me, then. I need it in my life, post-haste. This, and the one with Race Bannon shooting an interdimensional horror with one of Space Ghost's power bands.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rhonne posted:

Their entire character designs are freaking me out. They just look really creepy compared to the old low-detail cartoon characters I remember from my childhood. :gonk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sure are a lot of comics where Superman basically says Trump sucks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder why.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

it's what happens when we elect a super villain president.

We didn't even get cool battle suit Lex, we get lame fat Lex who wanted to kill Superman because somehow it meant he got to buy cheap land and poo poo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's what happens when we elect a super villain president.

We didn't even get cool battle suit Lex, we get lame fat Lex who wanted to kill Superman because somehow it meant he got to buy cheap land and poo poo.

Kevin Spacey as Donald Trump, it practically writes itself!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Calaveron posted:

I loving hated Hannah Barbera cartoons. They were the last recourse when you were a child and there was absolutely nothing else on tv, and even then you might as well just watch like the weather or something

A million times this.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Calaveron posted:

They might have sucked but Hanna-Barbera cartoons eventually gave us Space Ghost Coast to Coast so they were a necessary evil.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Totally Awesome Hulk #12

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
[TIMG]https://i.imgur.com/u3kcmpZ.jpg][/TIMG]

The Chronicles of Wormwood

It's abruptly edited because I left out the prison rape joke about the thief immediately following the last panel. That's Ennis for ya :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's good to know that I'm going to heaven.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It's good to know that I'm going to heaven.

I almost just sent it to you in a PM tbh.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

WickedHate posted:

[TIMG]https://i.imgur.com/u3kcmpZ.jpg][/TIMG]

The Chronicles of Wormwood

It's abruptly edited because I left out the prison rape joke about the thief immediately following the last panel. That's Ennis for ya :shrug:

Reminds me, just finished reading through Transmetropolitan and there's definitely some moments throughout that series worthy of this thread

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

WickedHate posted:

Question: Would Cap's fursona be a dog-wolf thing like the one he was turned into that one time, or a bald eagle?

One time? I can count at least three times he's been Capwolf, and I'm sure there are more.

TwoPair posted:

The Totally Awesome Hulk #12

I'm on Unlimited time, so it just happened last week, but I want to see more of Hawkguy dealing with what he did. I find it very hard to really judge him given that Bruce has repeatedly stated he would rather be dead than the Hulk and has tried to kill himself (and helped others to try) dozens of times. Doc Green was the Hulk of my first comics-reading period; I loved chronic-disease Hulk from a couple of years back, but those are the exception to the general rule that the first person in line to defend the murder of Bruce Banner in order to avoid a Hulk rampage would be Bruce Banner.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They should have just rocketed him to a peaceful uninhabited world in space. Everyone wins, what could possibly go wrong?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WickedHate posted:

They should have just rocketed him to a peaceful uninhabited world in space. Everyone wins, what could possibly go wrong?

Hey, it nearly worked. Hulk get laid, Hulk become king. It wasn't Reed's fault that the universe is infested with assholes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jedit posted:

Hey, it nearly worked. Hulk get laid, Hulk become king. It wasn't Reed's fault that the universe is infested with assholes.

There's a What If? where everything goes smoothly and Hulk finds inner peace, eventually ending up the guardian of a primitive race. It was sweet :unsmith:

Planet Hulk is one of the best Marvel stories ever if you chop off the very ending and forget about the garbage fire that is World War Hulk.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Can someone explain to me why Clint Barton thought that killing Banner, aka the former Hulk and last I recall from seeing in this thread, the guy acting as an emotional support to a confused and scared new Hulk, was a good idea?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It was during the Civil War II event. Ulysses, an Inhuman who could see probable futures, predicted that Bruce would Hulk out and kill a bunch of people. When Captain Marvel and a bunch of other heroes confronted Bruce, he started to become agitated, so Hawkeye killed him with a special anti-Hulk arrow that Bruce had given him for such an occasion.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Banner told him to kill him if he started turning into the Hulk again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

Can someone explain to me why Clint Barton thought that killing Banner, aka the former Hulk and last I recall from seeing in this thread, the guy acting as an emotional support to a confused and scared new Hulk, was a good idea?

Like most bad ideas coming from Marvel these days, the source can be traced to CW2

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It should be noted that this was after cho stole all of Bruce's gamma power so he theoretically wouldn't have been able to hulk out anyways. He just looked mad so Clint killed him

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

site posted:

It should be noted that this was after cho stole all of Bruce's gamma power so he theoretically wouldn't have been able to hulk out anyways. He just looked mad so Clint killed him

This got addressed in the amazing "Captain America is secretly a super Nazi" storyline that's currently running. Nazi Cap sent a bunch of gamma data or something to Banner in the hopes he'd Hulk out and get eliminated or something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fuego Fish posted:

This got addressed in the amazing "Captain America is secretly a super Nazi" storyline that's currently running. Nazi Cap sent a bunch of gamma data or something to Banner in the hopes he'd Hulk out and get eliminated or something.

Yeah but iirc Steve just sent him a bunch of poo poo to psych him out, there wasn't any proof that any of it was real and Bruce still was gamma capable right?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Something I've never known: What panels is this thread named after?

EDIT: Oh! Okay, I've seen that, I just forgot the words. I will remember now.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 5, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

LordSaturn posted:

All Star Superman

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

LordSaturn posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

site posted:

Yeah but iirc Steve just sent him a bunch of poo poo to psych him out, there wasn't any proof that any of it was real and Bruce still was gamma capable right?

I think the pretty critical point of both comics is that we don't know if there was any proof or if Clint just got an overeager trigger(bowstring?) finger and assumed 'Banner's getting pissy and maybe kinda looking weird, poo poo HULK COMIN'.

It's important to remember this was a thing Bruce literally gave him and told him to use it if he ever even looked like he was gonna Hulk out again. Bruce was very worried about it and instilled in Clint a real feeling of 'seriously, if you delay and I go Full Hulk and start going wild you are 100% to blame for every bit that happens. Do your job and kill me or people will probably die.' It wasn't just Clint being all 'aw poo poo Bruce is mad' it was 'aw poo poo, the worst case for this person I care about as a friend is maybe happening, I can't let it happen or I'll never forgive myself'.

Until I'm inevitably disappointed this is actually one CW2 thing I'll actually defend as a solid way to move a character forward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bruce being worried about losing control as the Hulk and telling someone to kill him if he did is silly.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Banner has literally tried to kill himself multiple times over the fear of losing control as the Hulk. How is this silly?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Didn't he come back tho? Or is Bruce dead dead (atm)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Banner has literally tried to kill himself multiple times over the fear of losing control as the Hulk. How is this silly?

It's been decades since then. Prior to SW wasn't he pretty much at peace with the Hulk?

Infinitum posted:

Didn't he come back tho? Or is Bruce dead dead (atm)?

The Hand reanimated him for an issue or two. He's still dead.