Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rhyno posted:

That's not a bad idea.

Has anyone else noticed how vague they are about Mon's powers? Like, what can he actually do?

Be a future plot device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Has anyone else noticed how vague they are about Mon's powers? Like, what can he actually do?

My guess is because they haven't decided how strong they want him. He can't be so strong that he starts to 'compete' with Kara, but he can't be so weak that it doesn't make sense for him to be a superhero.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He even refers to himself as the "other Superman" this week but he gets his rear end kicked every time he's on screen. And it's time for him to get a suit! Hopefully something true to the spirit of his comic suits. I mean, their Superman looked pretty good, it can't be too hard to reverse the color scheme.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wynn better design a suit that has an outer layer that's built to envelope lead or the first mugger is going to put him down.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Tree Dude posted:

Anybody else thinks she spends too much time wearing the suit? During the scene when she and Mon-el were training at DEO and he was in street clothes she didn't need to be rocking the suit. She at least needs another slightly more casual suit for hanging at the DEO.
I had thought that that was why she wore street clothes... so that any DEO personnel who weren't already aware of her dual identity might just believe that that was Supergirl in street clothes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Floppychop posted:

My guess is because they haven't decided how strong they want him. He can't be so strong that he starts to 'compete' with Kara, but he can't be so weak that it doesn't make sense for him to be a superhero.

He's not bulletproof so right now he's just Jimmy except stronger

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think he can fly or use any heat/x-ray/etc. vision powers either.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I would say he's worse than 'not bulletproof'. A human can continue functioning after being shot in a lot of different places. He'll just shutdown the same way Kryptonite would hurt Supergirl after a superficial wound.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He's got the original (as in Action Comics #1) Superman power set: super strong and super fast, but no flight (or other bullshit Silver Age powers), plus a deathly allergy to lead.

He's flat out stronger than James, but at least James can get shot and keep fighting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Terri Hatcher's gonna be on Supergirl. Fingers crossed for a scene with Dean Cain.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Rachel Bloom will contribute a song to the musical episode!

http://www.avclub.com/article/rachel-bloom-and-la-la-land-lyricists-team-cws-mus-249443

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did the mad scientist guy get a name? I didn't notice if he did.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kara has a bit of that messiah complex going on in regards to super crime fighting belonging to superpowered people (or I guess the DEO). I kinda want a Arrow/Supergirl crossover just for Ollie to go up against her (with adequate preptime on his end) for whatever reason. Also did she forget about "The Detective" in Gotham?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don't care what outfit they give Mon-El so long as they give him a collar to pop.

Also this episode was fun but way too centered on The Patented CW Drama Bullshit. I know there's gonna be that regardless but it bogged down an episode that should've been about Livewire because Livewire's great.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
nm

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 1, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

That's not a bad idea.

We know that bullets are his only weakness

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's not bulletproof so right now he's just Jimmy except stronger

He's also super-fast and can leap really high.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Dude better be faster than a speeding bullet.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Xelkelvos posted:

Kara has a bit of that messiah complex going on in regards to super crime fighting belonging to superpowered people (or I guess the DEO). I kinda want a Arrow/Supergirl crossover just for Ollie to go up against her (with adequate preptime on his end) for whatever reason. Also did she forget about "The Detective" in Gotham?

Man, I love how Flash gets brighter with the crossovers, but I'd like to see what they would do by solely focusing on Ollie and his predilection for being wary of unknown variables. I wanted to see more of that the last crossover. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I want to see Wynn interact with Felicity.

...hell, now I want to see how Alex fares against the White Canary. More crossovers please!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, I love how Flash gets brighter with the crossovers, but I'd like to see what they would do by solely focusing on Ollie and his predilection for being wary of unknown variables. I wanted to see more of that the last crossover. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I want to see Wynn interact with Felicity.

...hell, now I want to see how Alex fares against the White Canary. More crossovers please!

Alex isn't afraid of using guns so she would win.

Or bazookas.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

We know that bullets are his only weakness

Lead bullets. Many modern bullets don't contain lead anymore though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mol El, sort of Superman, killed by a 30 year old .22.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 2, 2017

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

In the next crossover, the Earth-1 heroes need to go to Earth-38, and Alex and Diggle need to become inseparable combat-bros.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Wynn better design a suit that has an outer layer that's built to envelope lead or the first mugger is going to put him down.

Considering Wynn was suprised about the "flaw" in guardian's suit was that he got injured if a bullet hit on the lycra undersuit bits that aren't covered by plates held on quick release straps (about 50% of Jimmie's body), the chances are not great.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BreakAtmo posted:

In the next crossover, the Earth-1 heroes need to go to Earth-38, and Alex and Diggle need to become inseparable combat-bros.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So apparently Kevin Sorbo will be joining the cast as an unspecified recurring villain.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

So apparently Kevin Sorbo will be joining the cast as an unspecified recurring villain.

Maybe that will make him stop whining about how he is so discriminated cuz he is a christian.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm disappointed with that casting.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

"Tons of gadgets, lots of demons", though I somehow imagine that they never met and she only knows of him through whatever she researched or whatever Clark said... the first half did get me imagining Earth-38 Batman as a more overtly tech hero than usually depicted.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Klungar posted:

I'm disappointed with that casting.

As long as they don't let him write his own character I don't think it would be too bad. But after Andromeda and Hercules I don't know.

maybe there is a DC villain known for over acting and chewing scenery.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
He needs to have a sidekick. What's Michael Hurst up to these days?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

He needs to have a sidekick. What's Michael Hurst up to these days?

I'm sure he can find time to fit it in between his busy schedule of fry-dunking and grocery bagging.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Fat Shat Sings posted:

As long as they don't let him write his own character I don't think it would be too bad. But after Andromeda and Hercules I don't know.

I was thinking Vartox but apparently they already had him and I completely forgot about it.

How about Manga Khan?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Here, let me try again:

I'm DISAPPOINTED with that casting!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

Here, let me try again:

I'm DISAPPOINTED with that casting!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That's like two thirds of them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Knormal posted:

That's like two thirds of them.

That seems low

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a prerequisite

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure he can find time to fit it in between his busy schedule of fry-dunking and grocery bagging.

He's a terrific director. Did some of Spartacus best episodes among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The guys is well busy, he also directed my fav episode of The Almighty Johnsons.