Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TomViolence posted:

Christ alive, you lot, why do you still respond to Pissflaps?

It's like the Beach Boys once sung: God Only Knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did someone mention hype manga series: the world God only knows

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
let's ban anime

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

JFairfax posted:

let's ban anime

British animation for British people.

If the main character isn't voiced by David Jason then it shouldn't be allowed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

Did someone mention hype manga series: the world God only knows

No. Definitely not.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

JFairfax posted:

let's ban anime

I would vote for any party, no matter what else they stood for, as long as they had a workable plan to ban japanese anime and keep it off our shores.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

No. Definitely not.

My mistake

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

quote:

Christ alive, you lot, why do you still respond to Pissflaps?
It's like the Beach Boys once sung: God Only Knows

You know it seems the more we talk about it, it only makes it worse to live without it

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

forkboy84 posted:

No. Definitely not.

Someone did

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I just checked and it was Namtab

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38852420

No don't worry we're only going to cut the fat, not leave people with mental illnesses criminally underserved so that an extra loving thousand of us die per year.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

baka kaba posted:

I just checked and it was Namtab

Namtab is first off to the Anime camp

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Degenerate art is real but it never had anything to do with Jews. It's anime.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
First they came for the bronies, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a brony.

Then they came for the furries, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a furry.

Then they came for the anime fans, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an anime fan.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Anime good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38852420

No don't worry we're only going to cut the fat, not leave people with mental illnesses criminally underserved so that an extra loving thousand of us die per year.

I will say that there has also been a change in the way that deaths are being recorded after the thing that came out a year or two ago about deaths being under reported. That DoH response is true and will be responsible for some of the increase

The query would be, what proportion of the unexpected deaths were avoidable?

Namtab fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 6, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Reality Check: Are the strongest Leave and Remain constituencies Labour?

The BBC did a fact check on the claim that 6 most leave and remain constituencies were Labour ones. Turns out the it's split evenly with the top 3 going to conservatives for Leave and SNP for remain, though to be fair that doesn't help much with Labours conundrum. Plus the linked analysis shows that if the Brexit vote was held on a FPTP basis then it would have been a strong Leave victory (61% of constituencies were majority leave), but it does also shows that Labour as whole was more pro-remain than pro-leave. While the Tories actually have a huge amount of leave voting constituencies (not surprising but it's interesting to look at it from a constituency viewpoint).

Sure there were those linked maps showing Brexit/Labour support overlap, but being geographic they likely overestimated the impact of rural areas.

Phoneposting from bed. Really should go sleep.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Namtab posted:

I will say that there has also been a change in the way that deaths are being recorded after the thing that came out a year or two ago about deaths being under reported. That DoH response is true and will be responsible for some of the increase

The query would be, what proportion of the unexpected deaths were avoidable?

I do expect that at least some of the 'additional' deaths do come from changes in reporting, and more accuracy and transparency is definitely good. I'm skeptical that it could increase by that proportion though. I hope I'm wrong and that there's no actual change in numbers, only better reporting.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

JFairfax posted:

First they came for the bronies, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a brony.

Then they came for the furries, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a furry.

Then they came for the anime fans, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an anime fan.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

*And it was good.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Christ there are some twats posting in here these days.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the liberals in canada abandoned their campaign promise of electoral reform

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

I do expect that at least some of the 'additional' deaths do come from changes in reporting, and more accuracy and transparency is definitely good. I'm skeptical that it could increase by that proportion though. I hope I'm wrong and that there's no actual change in numbers, only better reporting.

Basically an unexpected death is pretty much what it says on the tin. There's a whole bunch of rules about what is and isn't unexpected, but a general rule of thumb is to take a given person and ask yourself "would I be surprised if this person dies soon". An unexpected death can have any cause, with the most common being sudden acute heart conditions (the bbcs wording is a bit sensationalist in this regard as it leaps straight to suicide and neglect).

The recent change in recording, at least for the trusts I've worked for, is that you now have to report all deaths of service users that occur within a year of discharge (that you have been made aware of). Obviously this will increase the number of deaths a trust has to report.

That's why I ask whether the statistics the BBC uses is the total number of "unexpected" deaths recorded by mh trusts, or the number of " unexpected avoidable" deaths that may be the result of a service failure

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Skinty McEdger posted:

British animation for British people.

If the main character isn't voiced by David Jason then it shouldn't be allowed.
British anime. Branime.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I said it before and I'll say it again, Britain's greatest hope post-Brexit is to re-form the UK-Japan alliance since we're both xenophobic islands off the coast of the Eurasian continental mainland who have a national obsession with unrealistic fantasy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zephro posted:

British anime. Branime.

Im really feeling it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again, Britain's greatest hope post-Brexit is to re-form the UK-Japan alliance since we're both xenophobic islands off the coast of the Eurasian continental mainland who have a national obsession with unrealistic fantasy.
Also tea.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Brexit means banime

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Zephro posted:

British anime. Branime.

Isn't British anime just like, cartoons?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dead Goon posted:

Isn't British anime just like, cartoons?
Peppa Pig is under the anime section of Japanese Wikipedia, so that checks out.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

British children's animation is so bad it makes me want to cry. It's not like they don't have access to the good stuff being pumped out of the US, it's just that they look at it, think "that's nice" then go back to writing garbage.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
doctor who and sherlock are the british anime, if slash fanfics is a criteria

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Who can say for sure?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

British children's animation is so bad it makes me want to cry. It's not like they don't have access to the good stuff being pumped out of the US, it's just that they look at it, think "that's nice" then go back to writing garbage.
It's more that they look at it, think "ugh American culture is trash, we're much better, remember the Wombles!" then go back to writing garbage.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUu3A3gAjE
:britain:

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 6, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kurtofan posted:

doctor who and sherlock are the british anime, if slash fanfics is a criteria

Mysterious and inscrutable protagonist who changes his look every once in a while and has mysterious powers, origin and knowledge and personality quirks out the rear end.

Doctor who is an Anime.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mysterious and inscrutable protagonist who changes his look every once in a while and has mysterious powers, origin and knowledge and personality quirks out the rear end.

Doctor who is an Anime.
:accurate:

and like an anime, doctor who has occasional good moments but is mostly trash

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Pretty much the only thing I'm happy for my daughter to watch right now is Puffin Rock and that's Irish. Modern kids TV is garbage.

Bring back Ivor the Engine (but don't make new episodes or anything, just show the old ones forever) and maybe the Herbs too.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
rasta mouse is good

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Peppa Pig is actually great and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

the model UN episode is worth it all by itself

Also the VA who does Daddy Pig also did the voice work in the original Dungeon Keeper, which pleases me greatly

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The Poddington Peas were awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Umm, Rick & Morty is shown in the UK guy, it's cool

• Locked thread