Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

21 Muns posted:

OPEN THE TYPICAL GATES

HUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO TUESDAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So he's admitting the media were way too easy on Trump? He's abandoning his lovely "liberal media" Bs?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hereby revoke permission for Mallard Fillmore to do the Dreamworks face - permission he never had in the first place, mind you.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Fulchrum posted:

So he's admitting the media were way too easy on Trump? He's abandoning his lovely "liberal media" Bs?

No see they went too easy on Trump because it'd be easy for Hillary to beat him. So all that stuff you thought was a textbook argument against a liberal bias? LIBERAL BIAS.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It's only the 6th, he's already made two weeks worth of crimes against poetry.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

this dude tried his absolute god damndest not to draw a car

just a shopping cart

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's only the 6th, he's already made two weeks worth of crimes against poetry.

It seems like only yesterday it was New Year's Prediction season, and now it's already Mallentine's season. It gets earlier every year.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe (:australia:):

There are strong rumours that Senator Cory Bernardi, inspired by Trump and Brexit, is about to jump ship from the Liberals to form his own conservative Bernardi Pardi. There are questions about whether it's going to be just him (which would at best still be a major headache for the Libs) or whether any MPs in the lower house are along for the ride (which would be an utter shambles).

Malcolm Bligh Turnbull's middle name is from the captain of the Mutiny of the Bounty, so expect a lot of Aussie cartoons on this motif.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I see Cagle is angling for some of that sweet wingnut welfare.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cpt.Americant posted:

I'd maybe not be so quick to say Beck hasn't changed. Beck has was never-Trump so hard that Trump's rise made him question a lot of things. He's beginning to think "Hey, maybe when Democrats called us racist we actually were, because there is no other way to explain why these supposed free trade conservatives love Trump." He's become a supporter of Black Lives Matter, he's become pro-refugee, pro-illegal immigrant (at least those brought here as Children), and has worked with a group in New York that are fighting for LGBT equality before the law. This is not to say he's a good person, he still puts Tomi Lahren on his network, but Beck is one of the few rare people that seem to have improved since Trump and not just in comparison.

I haven't listened to Beck, but isn't he extreme libertarian? That would put him ideologically in opposition to Trump, who is extreme authoritarian.

One thing I do recall about Beck is that he's supported gay marriage for a few years now. Not because he thinks it's right, but because he thinks it's not something government should have a say on. It's an admirable consistency of belief.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
First thing to know about beck is that he is crazy and everything just kind of flows from there

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Jurgan posted:

I have to say I kind of hate this one. I don't think any of the listed shooters were mentally incompetent in the legal sense, as in they can't handle their own affairs, use their own money, etc., and that's whom the new law would affect. Someone like that is probably not a mass shooter. This is feeding the narrative that the big problem with mental illness is protecting "us" from "them," because "they" might snap and kill at a moment's notice. But most mentally ill people aren't The Joker. The real danger is that they have an easy way to kill themselves. While I doubt this was the intention, it dovetails with yet another Nazi policy: killing off those who are deemed to be "weak." By putting guns in the hands of those likely to turn them on themselves, they can practice indirect eugenics.

Yeah, this is a pretty ableist line of thought. Schizophrenics, eg, are not actually any more likely to go and shoot up a public location than any other member of society, and by and large, if someone is in a mental state where they'd be considered a threat to themself or others, there's other bars to them being able to have a firearm.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Draw Trump you loving coward!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is the kind of ignorance you come to expect from Branco. Good poo poo.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

I guess "Bring me your tired, poor, and huddled masses yearning to breath free" is only applicable if you are not Irish, not Italian, and are white.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ted Rall as secretary of state

Ted Rall thinks that he is literally the best possible leftist to be secretary of state

Y'all better shut the gently caress up about Branco being the dumbest cartoonist

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall really is the Boy Who Cried Hitler. Now he's faced with Trump he doesn't know what to do.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo I missed that. The loving ego on that rear end in a top hat.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ted Rall really is the Boy Who Cried Hitler. Now he's faced with Trump he doesn't know what to do.

Relax because as a white person in California, he won't feel the terrible poo poo Trump will do, and he will then conclude in 4 years that Trump was actually better than Hillary would have been?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Ularg posted:

Draw Trump you loving coward!

He does. You're getting your terrible, bland, artistically stunted conservative cartoonists mixed up. I do not blame you.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Relax because as a white person in California, he won't feel the terrible poo poo Trump will do, and he will then conclude in 4 years that Trump was actually better than Hillary would have been?
In three years we'll start getting comics about how all the Democratic candidates are exactly the same as Trump.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The mindset of way too many people who voted for Trump or didn't vote at all thinking that the chaos would be fun to watch or make their job easier. In other words:

White people don't care that the world is crumbling around them as long as it doesn't affect them. AGC.

Starving Wolf posted:

He does. You're getting your terrible, bland, artistically stunted conservative cartoonists mixed up. I do not blame you.

I've only seen him sorta draw Trump once in a "Well I better get practicing drawing Trump" and then went on to his end of year/beginning of year predictions for the next month.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Somfin posted:

Ted Rall as secretary of state

Ted Rall thinks that he is literally the best possible leftist to be secretary of state

Y'all better shut the gently caress up about Branco being the dumbest cartoonist

jesus i didn't even notice

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic

Maybe someone can help me out here. I know from the date on the cartoon that Branco drew it this year, but it just looks like this is a lovely webcomic from the early 90's. Almost all of Branco's cartoons remind me of the early 90's webcomics with lovely art and shittier jokes.

Is it the art, the compression, the lovely opinions, or all of the above?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Ularg posted:

I've only seen him sorta draw Trump once in a "Well I better get practicing drawing Trump" and then went on to his end of year/beginning of year predictions for the next month.

Nary a week ago:

Drunky draws him so blandly I can see how you can miss it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well I'll be damned, I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I was ready to declare that I didn't hate that Rall until someone pointed out the secretary of state bit, gfy tedders

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Where's the Ted Rall award given to Ted Rall as chosen by Ted Rall when you need it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Least Useful Idiot

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mike Pence hasn't actually done anything yet.

An All Old White Guys Look The Same Cartoon.

Seriously, what the gently caress, Gorsuch and Pence are indistinguishable in caricature apparently?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ANY DAY NOW

June 24 1974

Forty three years, folks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Putting aside Deflategate bullshit, is that supposed to be a caricature of Tom Brady on the left

or is that Rand Paul's lovely Halloween costume

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

loquacius posted:

Putting aside Deflategate bullshit, is that supposed to be a caricature of Tom Brady on the left

or is that Rand Paul's lovely Halloween costume

maybe he accidentally deflated his face whilst cheaterishly deflating the footballs

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Hey now that caricature does appear to be a human, and Tom Brady is by all accounts a human so that checks out, it's totally a faithful representation of him in spite of looking nothing like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

There's the Varvel art style I've loathed all this time, I was getting worried that he was starting to improve.

• Locked thread