Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Nobody played Fire Emblem before Awakening.

I've played every FE except for Awakening and the one after it (or multiple ones after it I don't know).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Takumi seems to be stupid good

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Which pool does Takumi come from? I guess if quite literally every arena team I fight has them then I need to as well.

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

ComposerGuy posted:

Which pool does Takumi come from? I guess if quite literally every arena team I fight has them then I need to as well.

She's from Deep Devotion, also I'm predicting 4 Takumi meta for the foreseeable future.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Endorph posted:

finn is objectively the 9th most popular fire emblem character in japan (tbf it's a magazine about RPGs in japan with a demo that trends older but still)

:thejoke:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anemone posted:

She's from Deep Devotion, also I'm predicting 4 Takumi meta for the foreseeable future.

I love how this keeps happening

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Takumi is pulled drom the Deep Devotion focus. AKA the one with Camilla.

So, you get 10 feathers per day for Greeting? And if I click on my unit/a friend unit in the Castle screen, it'll automatically count as greeting everyone on my friends list?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Freaksaus posted:

There's gonna be fuckin' riots when they add Lucius, Libra or Forrest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope seliph's art makes him look as androgynous as a lot of fe4 fanart makes him look

it's a cool direction to take his design to contrast with how manly sigurd is, and also it's cute

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I already have two 5 star Takumis, so I'm well on my way haha

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I really dislike how being a few levels higher allows one unit to completely win any engagement with any other kind of unit, and how the training maps sometimes have wide level gaps between stratums where you're too low for one and too high for the one beneath it.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Also I know people say healers aren't great but I really like Maria

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Liking this so far. I appreciate that you get an Anna no matter what even if she isn't very good.

I'm only going very slowly but I did a five summon. All fours which is okay and they basically brutalise everything I've run into so far. Are Dancers as useful in this as the main games? I got Olivia and she seems pretty helpful.

Oh, and how many orbs does it take to fully upgrade the castle, or is there a limit? I might just max it out if it isn't too expensive.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Freaksaus posted:

I had my wife do my draws when I pulled him (y'know, for luck) and she was like "Wait, that's a guy!? :love: :love: :love:"

Takumi really is loving ridiculous, it's stupid how good he is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McDragon posted:

Liking this so far. I appreciate that you get an Anna no matter what even if she isn't very good.

I'm only going very slowly but I did a five summon. All fours which is okay and they basically brutalise everything I've run into so far. Are Dancers as useful in this as the main games? I got Olivia and she seems pretty helpful.

Oh, and how many orbs does it take to fully upgrade the castle, or is there a limit? I might just max it out if it isn't too expensive.
something like 22 i think. something in the 20s. like slightly more than a five pull.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just discovered that there are more Reward Points you can get on your My Nintendo account, for clearing each Chapter. I'm now sitting on 600 Points. Too bad they don't have more Orbs to buy.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Mirthless posted:

I had my wife do my draws when I pulled him (y'know, for luck) and she was like "Wait, that's a guy!? :love: :love: :love:"

Takumi really is loving ridiculous, it's stupid how good he is

Same.

Then she pulled 5 3* on the second penta.... Sever?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So, people who are way smarter than I. Can someone help me judge what's work investing in this box so far? I'm 5 (or 6, can't remember) full summons in and obviously the big tickets I have to show for it are Leo (lvl 25) and Linde (lvl 27). Other than that I've been investing in Cherche (27+1), Maria (lvl 25), and Nowi (lvl 20).

Anyone see anything else worth working with in this box? I'd obviously like a better green option (though Cherche seems to be wrecking poo poo now, she seems ranked low by most people talking about the game)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just started, should I save my orbs?

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Scoss posted:

I really dislike how being a few levels higher allows one unit to completely win any engagement with any other kind of unit, and how the training maps sometimes have wide level gaps between stratums where you're too low for one and too high for the one beneath it.

I've been using a lvl 22 Azama as a healer/tank for leveling dudes. He does just enough damage I can whittle enemies down so I can swoop in with the guys I'm leveling, he doesn't retaliate against melee, and he can heal as needed. Seems to be working well getting people up to 10-15 range, especially lower star dudes, and low HP units. Not sure how it'll work out as levels go up though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Robin is a hard counter to Takumi fyi and I honestly haven't had any difficulty facing them in arena.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Hace posted:

Also I know people say healers aren't great but I really like Maria

Who says healers aren't good? Elise is saving my sorry rear end in like every match.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I tried for takumi and got 5*Lyn...should I reroll?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My 5* Camilla keeps refusing to gain Atk and it hurts

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My Elise is level 29 cause all I use her for is training up lower level units and she get a bunch of exp in small doses by just healing them.

The only other healers I've drawn are Maria and Sakura, both of whom have Physic as their top heal which I understand is broken right now. Elise's self-heal when healing others is also too good to pass up once she actually starts taking damage.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

So, people who are way smarter than I. Can someone help me judge what's work investing in this box so far? I'm 5 (or 6, can't remember) full summons in and obviously the big tickets I have to show for it are Leo (lvl 25) and Linde (lvl 27). Other than that I've been investing in Cherche (27+1), Maria (lvl 25), and Nowi (lvl 20).

Anyone see anything else worth working with in this box? I'd obviously like a better green option (though Cherche seems to be wrecking poo poo now, she seems ranked low by most people talking about the game)

Hmm... i'd say definitely give Saizo a try, but I'm not sure who of your Greens to recommend. Cecilia is probably the best pick in a vacuum but I worry having two mounted mages is going to cause problems (same attack range+can't enter forests= hard to focus both on same target imo). Might be best served by Cherche, honestly, unless you double up on colors you're going to have a pretty squishy team but A: that's kind of this game and B: You're right to stick with Leo and Linde.

Edit: Maria may very well be worth sticking with too, I don't like healers personally and I think Saizo has a pretty good toolkit but your mileage may, of course, vary.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't actually have Tharja (is that Tharja? Or just one of the many lookalikes?) so I can't speak on how good her skills are but her defense growth seems to be off the chain (just like in FE:A) based off the ones I've run into in PVP

Heavy Mages!

All of my pulls have been on the other machine

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tharja and Saizo are probably going to get some attention, Tharja just seems hard to justify when I have Leo.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

Tharja and Saizo are probably going to get some attention, Tharja just seems hard to justify when I have Leo.

oh yeah good point

I suspect skill lists will probably be very relevant when they get around to putting an endgame in, so Tharja will probably be good eventually (unless her skills are terrible) even if you already have a dark caster. You might as well just level her up while the training tower is still half price.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 6, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Tharja for me is more of a speedy damage mage. Maybe I'm just unlucky, though. I think she's pretty good, definitely MVP material.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I tried for takumi and got 5*Lyn...should I reroll?

No, Lyn is in the top tier with Takumi.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So I've got a 5-star Hector, 5-star Lyn, 5-star Merric and 5-star Caeda on my main team, all around level 30. Some observations:

Lyn was a loving powerhouse from 1 to about 25, but she's started falling off pretty rapidly I'm noticing. In arena I'm coming up against too many teams that she just doesn't damage fast enough (and in some cases barely damages at all) and her bad defense means she can't survive more than two exchanges most of the time, and sometimes not even one. She's got a great limit break move, though, if she can survive that long.

Hector loving owns. Level 1 to 30 he has never felt gimped in any way. Magic and anyone with armor-breaker hard-counters him, but he annihilates literally everyone else. Only moving one space is rough, but since he can counter from any range it isn't much of an issue and he can be used as a brick wall to keep your team alive. He can tank 4-5 engagements without needing to heal easily in the right situations. He's my MVP by a wide margin.

Merric is actually much more solid than I thought he would be. He's green, which is unfortunately his biggest weakness because of the copious amount of red units in the game, but he blows through blues and holds his own with other greens well, plus he one-shots flying units. I'd say he's solid, if not spectacular. He has surprisingly high physical defense as well.

Caeda is situational. Her armor breaker skill can be a godsend when you really need it, but I'm noticing as the level pile up that her attack power doesn't allow her to make the best use of it all the time, and she *will* go down in one shot to archers without fail so you have to take the care to kite her around (and in arena with every team sporting a Takumi that can get annoying quickly). She's probably the weakest link on the team in truth, and if I can manage to roll a Takumi at some point will likely lose her spot to him.

I'd say in order of best to worst my team at present is:

1. HECTOR
(giant gaping chasm)
2. Merric (tie)
2. Lyn (tie)
4. Caeda

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder what the release schedule will be for mass introductions of new heroes. Like, we'll probably get new banner headliners every few weeks but presumably at some point they'll dump an entire gacha lineup worth of characters on us for each game in the series. Assuming a gaiden dump around the time of echoes puts us at a minimum content cycle of a few months, so I'll probably have to wait over a year for the gacha I want most. More than that, probably, because they've very clearly left space in the released games to keep releasing people from them (none of the awakening or fates children are in, and the Elibe games have some notable omissions like Ninian, Pent, and Guinivere)

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Paul Zuvella posted:

Leo, Tharja, Nowie, Linde. Looks like you straight up pulled a mage team, so you're set. You swaps/secondaries would be Cain (tank), Saizo (debuffer/dispel), Maria (healer.) Cecilia is ok mage too but you have straight up better options in all 4 slots, however since if you took the team I recommended, you'd be RED RED BLUE BLUE, Cecilia might be a good option for when you need GREEN.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 6, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hm on retrospect I will change the gacha I fervently want from the Judgral one to the villain one, because all the Judgral characters I really want are bad guys

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lyn falls off hard I'm noticing

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ComposerGuy posted:

So I've got a 5-star Hector, 5-star Lyn, 5-star Merric and 5-star Caeda on my main team, all around level 30. Some observations:

Lyn was a loving powerhouse from 1 to about 25, but she's started falling off pretty rapidly I'm noticing. In arena I'm coming up against too many teams that she just doesn't damage fast enough (and in some cases barely damages at all) and her bad defense means she can't survive more than two exchanges most of the time, and sometimes not even one. She's got a great limit break move, though, if she can survive that long.

Hector loving owns. Level 1 to 30 he has never felt gimped in any way. Magic and anyone with armor-breaker hard-counters him, but he annihilates literally everyone else. Only moving one space is rough, but since he can counter from any range it isn't much of an issue and he can be used as a brick wall to keep your team alive. He can tank 4-5 engagements without needing to heal easily in the right situations. He's my MVP by a wide margin.

Merric is actually much more solid than I thought he would be. He's green, which is unfortunately his biggest weakness because of the copious amount of red units in the game, but he blows through blues and holds his own with other greens well, plus he one-shots flying units. I'd say he's solid, if not spectacular. He has surprisingly high physical defense as well.

Caeda is situational. Her armor breaker skill can be a godsend when you really need it, but I'm noticing as the level pile up that her attack power doesn't allow her to make the best use of it all the time, and she *will* go down in one shot to archers without fail so you have to take the care to kite her around (and in arena with every team sporting a Takumi that can get annoying quickly). She's probably the weakest link on the team in truth, and if I can manage to roll a Takumi at some point will likely lose her spot to him.

I'd say in order of best to worst my team at present is:

1. HECTOR
(giant gaping chasm)
2. Merric (tie)
2. Lyn (tie)
4. Caeda

As far as I can tell up to 4**** at least Merric is terrible and might be one of the worst characters in the game

He is probably kicking rear end just by virtue of his high potential, his skillset is unbearably bad. HP+4 And Spur Res? Growing Wind would be good if it didn't take five rounds to trigger, by the time you fire it the whole map should be cleared already. When you're only facing five dudes at most, tying so much of a character's power to an AOE ability is loving dumb imo

ZenVulgarity posted:

Right now defense is way too good for Myrmidon characters to be useful at high level imo. Pegasus knights and ninjas, too. Seems like characters who are really speed focused kind of get the short end of the stick right now.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 6, 2017

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Mirthless posted:

As far as I can tell up to 4**** at least Merric is terrible and might be one of the worst characters in the game

He is probably kicking rear end just by virtue of his high potential, his skillset is unbearably bad. HP+4 And Spur Res? Growing Wind would be good if it didn't take five rounds to trigger, by the time you fire it the whole map should be cleared already. When you're only facing five dudes at most, tying so much of a character's power to an AOE ability is loving dumb imo

He's definitely situational, but Lyn has become more and more situational as she has gained levels as well. She just can't take a hit.

Honestly Hector is the only unit in my team I'd say I absolutely wouldn't switch out for someone else. He's just that good. Crazy high HP and defense, ability to counter attack from range AND a limit break that cuts damage in half that fires off quickly? He's a juggernaut.

Edit:

For reference, my 5-star Hector's stats are:

LEVEL 31

HP - 49
ATK - 46
SPD - 19
DEF - 32
RES - 12

I don't think he's missed more than 2-3 HP and ATK ups.

ComposerGuy fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 6, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Moldy Taxes posted:

My Elise is level 29 cause all I use her for is training up lower level units and she get a bunch of exp in small doses by just healing them.

The only other healers I've drawn are Maria and Sakura, both of whom have Physic as their top heal which I understand is broken right now. Elise's self-heal when healing others is also too good to pass up once she actually starts taking damage.

Physic heals people from two tiles away instead of one. It's good.

ZenVulgarity posted:

most everyone does IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ComposerGuy posted:

He's definitely situational, but Lyn has become more and more situational as she has gained levels as well. She just can't take a hit.

Honestly Hector is the only unit in my team I'd say I absolutely wouldn't switch out for someone else. He's just that good. Crazy high HP and defense, ability to counter attack from range AND a limit break that cuts damage in half that fires off quickly? He's a juggernaut.

Hector seems like a beast, at least with how good Knight characters are right now.

The only five-stars I have right now are Roy and Takumi. Takumi's ridiculous (best currently available character in the game?), Roy is pretty good? But he is designed to be a situational/specialist character and it shows. Triangle adept is a great skill when you're fighting axes and green books but getting mulched by every single weak dude with a spear or blue book sucks and they should probably reduce the penalty for the skill

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 6, 2017