Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr_streaked posted:

You may have been flagged as an undesirable element, in which case this is a sensible precaution to prevent you spreading FUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm 99% sure that's surface detail's reddit account.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

It would be really really great if Frontier could put out an FPS and thereby dunk on CIG completely in every category. They won't, but I wish they would.

By not releasing an FPS, Frontier already has Star Marine beat.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm 99% sure that's surface detail's reddit account.

:negative: I need to update my list of deep-cover accounts!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sillybones posted:

No idea then on the foreclosure angle. They don't seem great at this researching thing.

MoMA, you brought up a traffic ticket?? Did that make Star Citizen real yet? Who cares if someone has gotten a traffic ticket, GUILTY!! or no? Are you sure you don't just have a crush? I think he is married or something, dude. Best to move on.

Hi SillyBones. Derek mentioned that he was walking into a Federal building, alluding to some made up story that he was filing something against CIG. I cracked a joke that he was walking into that building for a ticket. He went all warlord-y and stuff words words words. It was amusing for a hot minute.

Anyways, it's in the past now and we're all friends again.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 6, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Anyways, it's in the past now and we're all friends again.

You are a major contributor to this comedy space game thread, don't let anyone tell you different.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

You are a major contributor to this comedy space game thread, don't let anyone tell you different.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The whole Feds consulting him on the super important matters of a spaceship video game thing was up there with Sandi's lucky number and Leonard Skinly.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The whole Feds consulting him on the super important matters of a spaceship video game thing was up there with Sandi's lucky number and Leonard Skinly.

Don't forget the California law offices, 2x FTC investigations and local state AG. It's a crack legal team and CIG should be scared.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tarquinn posted:

They canned the original Warhammer Fantasy, their longest running franchise, in favour of a simplified system that allowed them to include fantasy space marines (the best selling part of 40k) and to trademark classic fantasy races like Elves and Orks by renaming them Aelfs™ and Orruks™.

This simplified system also included rules for certain legacy units where you would get a bonus for tricking your opponent to kneel irl, or galloping around the room like you were riding an invisible horse, and other such foolishness. It is thought to have been an attempt at discouraging use of the older models to get players to buy the new ones.

It also lost a lot of humor that the original version had and was just all grim-dark all the time.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

So what is your #1 make it or break it feature for 3.0 MoMA? This year or next? I sure am getting bored of waiting for basic gameplay like mining.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 6, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Don't forget the California law offices, 2x FTC investigations and local state AG. It's a crack legal team and CIG should be scared.

Only 2 FTC investigations? It seems like more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Huh?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey MoMA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZ6S6tfF78

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Only 2 FTC investigations? It seems like more.

Yeah, and one local AG, although there are some signs that consumer groups are getting more interested, which is why they're pushing for the minimum viable product.

edit:

Tarquinn posted:

They canned the original Warhammer Fantasy, their longest running franchise, in favour of a simplified system that allowed them to include fantasy space marines (the best selling part of 40k) and to trademark classic fantasy races like Elves and Orks by renaming them Aelfs™ and Orruks™.

6th edition is still out there, but with the model lines being entirely canned...The funniest thing was producing Total War, then wiping away the entire backstory.

40K is seeing advancement of their timeline too. 'The gathering storm' has Biel-tan splitting into three factions, Cadia has fallen and Robot Girlyman and other primarchs are returning.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 6, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmao at redditors trying to handwave away /r/starcitizen's crackdown on thoughtcrime with "It's not sub specific it's a reddit rule!" over here

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5sec1p/time_limits_on_posting_messages_in_rstarcitizen/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This whole game is a thought crime.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

This whole game is a thought.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Me neither! Welcome back!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I know it's ~dreams~ but I'd be curious to see what Braben can do with the Star Wars IP though.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Was this translated from/by Chinese? :psyduck:

e: preemptive "I know it's 'Mandarin'"

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

there's a few star wars games coming along now, battlefront 2 should hit in september or october this year, a space sim/FPS (yes) and a 3rd person RPG are all in the works using the SW IP

All from Subsidiaries of EA, the current holder of the license for video games due to buying rights for SWOTOR before lucasfilm sold to Disney. None of them are happening during the current (7, 8 & 9 ?) movie trilogy.

The only upcoming title i saw for the new trilogy is Lego starwars force awaken, a clean, family friendly game. Disney has not published anything since the closure of its interactive studio in 2015. Its not really new games as much as EA milking all it can from the IP before the rights eventually return to Disney

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Frontier already has a space game, if they're looking to diversify (which they should, space games will go out of fashion sooner or later) I doubt they would buy the IP for another space game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laugh:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
FD trademarked planet safari in 2015, it's going to be dinosaurs.

https://trademarks.justia.com/867/41/planet-86741992.html

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

chochmah posted:

Please let it be "The Expanse".

gently caress you for getting my hopes up

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Morningwoodpecker posted:

FD trademarked planet safari in 2015, it's going to be dinosaurs.

https://trademarks.justia.com/867/41/planet-86741992.html

A current gen Jurassic Park: Genesis would own bones

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Was this translated from/by Chinese? :psyduck:

e: preemptive "I know it's 'Mandarin'"

This translation was handled souly by personele with the required Chinese Mandarin training.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BlancoNino posted:

A current gen Jurassic Park: Genesis would own bones

Hopefully they can find someone to mocap T-Rex arms. :ohdear:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

i see the cheque cleared.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

This one is longer but a bit more serious and part of a series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmZcIX5PEyo

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Hope for a Telltales games instead. Doing Elite in the wolrd of the expanse would just be E:D on a smaller scale with slower ships and no shields.

If you want the Expanse ship feel then check out "Children of a dead earth" (http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/) for what is probably the hardest (not in term of skill, in term of adherence to real science) sci-fi game out there

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Children of a dead Earth can help with a certain realism itch.

Edit: aleksendr :catbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hopefully they can find someone to mocap T-Rex arms. :ohdear:

And all of a sudden the scene with the kids inside the car became 10X more scary.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:laffo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

It's a pity you picked SC then, since it is a micropenis. Mind you, the prettiest micropenis you have ever seen, but a micropenis nonetheless.

I want to say something here, but everything I could say would be too small and insignificant to make a

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi SillyBones. Derek mentioned that he was walking into a Federal building, alluding to some made up story that he was filing something against CIG. I cracked a joke that he was walking into that building for a ticket. He went all warlord-y and stuff words words words. It was amusing for a hot minute.

That's patently false.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3173&perpage=40#post458662958

quote:

quote:

ManofManyAliases posted:
Walk into a federal building .... (at this point, and with his track record, that could be anything, such as the courthouse he went to fight his moving violation from December)
First, nice of you to troll public records looking for me.

FYI, I got a Red light camera ticket early this year. I paid an attorney $75 to beat it, since it was wrong (and court ruled illegal). Never stepped foot in a court building. Nice try.

When I come back from lunch, since it was already revealed to me that you are a CIG plant, now it would be my turn to uncover who you are, so you can end the bullshit. You have your "mate" to thank for that. And that's why I have a lockbin account.

Remember, you started this. And you had many chances to not make this personal. You should probably go back to the guide you were given.

bbl

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

And all of a sudden the scene with the kids inside the car became 10X more scary.

The Jeep runaway scene would be somewhat comical though.

Glad to see spacecourt is back in session after the past few posts. Been awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So.... Gremlich is the Star Citizen Dark Knight guy? lmao