Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

I'm really excited in seeing all these new characters. We haven't really gotten that many new characters in Super, and it looks like there's a bunch of really good designs for these guys.

Same here my favorite is the smug fennec fox guy that is in the Hit and Magetta group shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

It's Hit's fault for failing to murder Goku

Agreed. :v:

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect that Hit is going to now succumb to the fate of all antagonists who beat Goku once: He's gonna job loving hard to show how tough the new guy is.

Given that he and Goku already had two fights, I expect this as well.

Unless that second one only exists in filler and AT has further plans for him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Someone is going to hire Hit to assassinate the Zen-Ohs in order to save the universes and he'll end up getting erased.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Has there been any word of how long DBS has been renewed for? Or is it still just that initial "over 100 episodes"

I never want this to end.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zelah posted:

Has there been any word of how long DBS has been renewed for? Or is it still just that initial "over 100 episodes"

I never want this to end.

Goku is the mascot of the 2020 Japan Olympics.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would have liked to see Goten undergo Whis's training, that would have been really cool

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Rutibex posted:

^^:argh:
He is hiding in the corner

That smug looking fucker on the left looks like he finally caught the roadrunner.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Wait. Does Goku actually know the stakes to this tournament yet? Did I miss him learning that?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

If Roshi hasn't gotten much, much, much stronger it doesn't make any sense to bring him along because we know, at minimum, there are stronger dudes on Planet Namek.

roshi still has a million billion moves and is ridiculously skilled

he just can't benchpress a planet

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Will Roshi finally learn how to fly?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Wait. Does Goku actually know the stakes to this tournament yet? Did I miss him learning that?

The title of next weeks episode is "The Gods of Every Universe in Shock?! Losers Erased in the Tournament of Power"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Honestly I'm more interested in the Teletubby that Vegita is fighting;

I think that's a para para sister

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sooo...is male Dvorah the main antagonist for this arc because it kinda seemed like it also is Hit getting Worfed by that poo poo?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'd like to see Goku, Gohan and Goten to go on a little adventure together when we're back in breather episodes. I've been enjoying seeing Goten show some small signs of character growth.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Carlosologist posted:

I would have liked to see Goten undergo Whis's training, that would have been really cool

gently caress off, Goku.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Momomo posted:

I'm really excited in seeing all these new characters. We haven't really gotten that many new characters in Super, and it looks like there's a bunch of really good designs for these guys.

I like that it's not just a case of every new character being a distinct form of alien, there are several representatives of some races.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Will Roshi finally learn how to fly?

Flight was his rival's school signature move, at this point it's a matter of pride.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Petiso posted:

Flight was his rival's school signature move, at this point it's a matter of pride.

He can propel himself with kamehamehas though.

I think we've already seen they don't treat power levels as absolute on DBS, and I think they are willing to say technique isn't irrelevant. With Roshi I suspect that he's going to drop some wisdom and perhaps allow an opponent to "defeat themselves" or something.

I like that Gohan is training with Piccolo in the opening, given we've seen Future Trunks throwing out all of Vegeta's signatures I'm hopeful he'll find a reason to use the Special Beam Cannon or Hellzone Grenade.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I notice that Botamo isn't in the OP.

Can't believe Champa booted him so he can put six more super saiyans on the team.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Roshi is going to win by paralyzing the last fighter left.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Roshi is obviously going to matched with Lady Broly and will be the reason she ascends to legendary super saiyan.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Clown God of Destruction's fighters will all be circus themed. Clowngod will also be a nice clown.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
One universe will be horribly weak and Goku will have a flashback to when he was a kid and liked to help people and the realisation that can't punch his way out of the mess he's created will break him.

Why couldn't you be happy farming with your loving family, Goku? What's wrong with you?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm actually completely ok with Goku being the villain this arc from the perspective of literally every other universe.

Because they're probably right about it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

sassassin posted:

gently caress off, Goku.

Goten should get a chance at god level training :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Next week. All he knows at present is that the tournament is named and has an attached date.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I know it goes against everything that happened at the end of the Zamasu saga, but I kind of wish that Bulma built a time machine, went into the future to grab Future Trunks, and says "you know how we saved your rear end? Time for you to return the favor." Cause Future Trunks on the team would be excellent just in terms of a team build. Beerus and Whis would keep the secret too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Petiso posted:

Is it really their signature move even everyone else in the universe knows how to fly, ever creatures who have been alive long before Crane school even existed?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is the solar flare tien's move anymore

who owns the kamehameha at this point

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hjalmar posted:

I'd like to see Goku, Gohan and Goten to go on a little adventure together when we're back in breather episodes. I've been enjoying seeing Goten show some small signs of character growth.

I'd like that too, but I doubt it's even remotely in the cards since they're all the same VA and she can only do so much per episode.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I hope he kills one universe, and this is the motivation everyone else needs to band together to destroy Zeno. Tournaments in Dragonball never end how they were intended.

Who's the giant dork with the blue dome and why does he look like he's tripping on acid while gargling pop rocks

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Is it really their signature move even everyone else in the universe knows how to fly, ever creatures who have been alive long before Crane school even existed?

Well, it is explicitly stated. Nowadays it doesn't mean poo poo but they were probably the first earthling martial artists to master it on their own.

I'd love if they actually brought that up during the multiverse tournament, they like making references to OG Dragon Ball in Super after all and unless Roshi is going to be mere comic relief not being able to fly should be a huge factor for him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Who's the giant dork with the blue dome and why does he look like he's tripping on acid while gargling pop rocks

That's the Anti-Monitor, the strongest guy in DC comics. He destroyed the entire multi-verse, leaving only one universe (cleaning up 50 years of absurd comic book continuity in the process). He is technically stronger than Zeno, as he can rapid fire destroy universes. Zeno seems to only be able to do one at a time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 6, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Parrotine posted:

The Anti-Monitor. It's not so much a character as it is a plot device. Think...multiverse threatening Galactus.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know how insane Silver Age Superman is said to be?

It took about fifty of them to do anything to the Anti Monitor. And they still had to do bullshit like bring the wrath of God down on him, and completely gently caress time and space itself, Barry Allen the Flash killed himself disrupting one of his plans, Silver Age SuperGirl died beating the poo poo out of him

He is singularly the biggest deal of any villain in near any media you can think of, because he's the kind of threat that could only work once. Zeno is the closest thing in DBZ that can be compared to him at his prime.

He really isn't much of a character, but made for one hell of an event.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Earth basically is established to have the strongest fuckers out there. Half the team is by default stronger than the super-galactic tyrant who dominated the universe and the remained are at least arguably so.

Yeah but does Earth have Soba?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rutibex posted:

That's the Anti-Monitor, the strongest guy in DC comics. He destroyed the entire multi-verse, leaving only one universe (cleaning up 50 years of absurd comic book continuity in the process). He is technically stronger than Zeno, as he can rapid fire destroy universes. Zeno seems to only be able to do one at a time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor

Hmm, looks like one of those silly 'super-event' villains for whenever they do their yearly story clusterfuck.

Bad fashion sense! I shouldn't be laughing at the ender of worlds, but here we are

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Hmm, looks like one of those silly 'super-event' villains for whenever they do their yearly story clusterfuck.

Bad fashion sense! I shouldn't be laughing at the ender of worlds, but here we are

Thta's arguably his worst look, so laugh away.

Also he was actually the first one. He was the whole reason why those events happened and got popular. This chucklefuck is who you have to blame for the current state of comic books.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Parrotine posted:

he was basically an excuse to clean up the dc universe it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have a lot of thoughts about Dragon Ball Super, enough that typing this out is kind of intimidating and may come off as a little over-dramatic. These feelings have been simmering for awhile but I asked the mod for permission to post here-as I had toxxed myself not to in an attempt to stay out of trouble and not get banned again-and they gave me the go ahead, so I'm gonna get some stuff on my chest.

I really liked Battle of the Gods, but ever since then I feel like the new canon hasn't been all that good. I was roped in by the Goku Black saga but I thought it fumbled the ending hard. I had no problem with Trunks pulling the semi-final blow, but bringing in Vegeto just to make him irrelevant along with the one hour retcon and recyling the "you're so strong it doesn't last as long!" thing really felt...offensive? I don't wanna overstate it, it's just like, how I imagine Mega Man fans felt during that drought of Mega Man poo poo and Capcom announced Box Art Mega Man for Street Fighter x Tekken. I thought it was hilarious then, but now I get it. I know there isn't some Toei executive ordering that I personally be insulted, but as someone who's loved Dragon Ball my whole life, it's disheartening to be so disappointed.

The last episode sent me into a full on Broly-esque rage, but I calmed down, got a little more grounded, and resumed being cautiously optimistic for the tournament because it seems like it'll be a great story arc, but over the past couple of years Dragon Ball has gone from something I deeply loved and respected to something in my life out of pure inertia more than anything.

The things that bugged me about the episode were, first, I had already decided long ago that a bullet should never under any circumstance do anything to Adult Goku other than plink harmlessly off his skin. I had argued that belief as a high priest of the Church of Power Levels my entire life and I felt like Ozymandias watching his works crumble to sand before his very eyes. What really got at me me was that as I've mentioned here a year or so ago, I got into Dragon Ball Z through Toonami, and the whole fun wacky adventure stuff has never stuck with me well. Now, don't get me wrong; I know that's how Dragon Ball is "supposed to be" going by the original version and stuff. I get that. But that isn't what pulled me in as a kid, okay? That's not was sold to me when I was seven.

The last episode feels like the final nail in the coffin of Mega Goku The Impossibly Powerful Savior of Justice and it's not pleasant. I'll adapt, though. 17 rules, Buu rules, new tournament. I can dig it.

tl;dr dragon ball super is ruining my childhood :cry:

On the plus side, I was relentlessly apathetic to Dragon Ball pre-Z before, but now I appreciate it way more because I think it does being a comedic/at times serious martial arts adventure manga better than any of it's successors(including Z) does anything.

• Locked thread