Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

That kitchen family decided to do up their car.

awful ballpark math incoming: guesstimate 280 sqft of vehicle area times 280 pennies/sqft at 2.5g per penny = 195kg of poo poo glued to their car... A little over 400 lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

shame on an IGA posted:

awful ballpark math incoming: guesstimate 280 sqft of vehicle area times 280 pennies/sqft at 2.5g per penny = 195kg of poo poo glued to their car... A little over 400 lbs

So you're saying you could chain a motorcycle to it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

Treating a fourth‐generation Ford Taurus as a 5×1.9×0.7 m box (half its actual height to account for rubber & glass in that dimension) with a missing 5×1.9 side, covered in discs of diameter 19.05 mm, I get 74124 pennies, mass 185 kg.

So yes, f;b almost precisely the correct weight for stopping motorbike theft.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
75,000 pennies, about $750. If 1/6th of the the 75,000 coins are nickels would be about $1,250, which is still probably pretty close to the value of the car.

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 5, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I had a 4th gen Ford Taurus Wagon. I loved that thing, I'd never glue pennies OR nickles to it.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Does mid 90's Italian-Australian house design count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S9z9z_nstw

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

That kitchen family decided to do up their car.

I'm guessing gas mileage is not going to be great.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Most people keep their parking meter change inside the car, but to each their own I guess.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That's just evil.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Carpeted stairs are the real crime here.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

thread title updated to indicate that while i'm not really sick of concrete, i AM sick of seeing reports about it from whiny poop babies

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New from Chuck Tingle POUNDED IN THE REPORT BOX BY 400 POUNDS OF CONCRETE

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Wait so can we or can we not keep making concrete jokes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

NancyPants posted:

I, too, would like a concrete answer on this, but perhaps the policy should not be set in stone.

Are the mods caught between a rock and a hard place or do they simply lack the stones?

Should we fit the joke with cement shoes or let it steal the thread?

Concrete jokes rock and I would be crushed if we had to dump them.

I’m pouring out these puns in the hopes that they are funny in aggregate. I’ve got binders full of ’em.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 6, 2017

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

NancyPants posted:

i mean my opinion isn't cemented but i mostly want to stop seeing reports about them

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That sounds like a problem of the people making reports, not about the people making the jokes. I'm, at least, 400lb sure about this.

E: poo poo I meant % not lb.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I, too, would like a concrete answer on this, but perhaps the policy should not be set in stone.

Are the mods caught between a rock and a hard place or do they simply lack the stones?

Should we fit the joke with cement shoes or let it steal the thread?

Concrete jokes rock and I would be crushed if we had to dump them.

I’m pouring out these puns in the hopes that they are funny in aggregate. I’ve got binders full of ’em.

Look, it's not funny unless you build a good solid foundation for them. You don't want everything to get built up, with you pouring them out, one after another, then have it all crumble around you and then rush around shoring it all up. Take your time and let it all firm up before moving on.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That sounds like a problem of the people making reports, not about the people making the jokes. I'm, at least, 400lb sure about this.

E: poo poo I meant % not lb.

well presumably the person making reports reads the thread

but doesn't post in it, if the 4 pages i just went back are any indication

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samizdata posted:

Look, it's not funny unless you build a good solid foundation for them. You don't want everything to get built up, with you pouring them out, one after another, then have it all crumble around you and then rush around shoring it all up. Take your time and let it all firm up before moving on.

So what you’re saying is that I should get out of my slump, stop leaving voids, and get on your level.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

shame on an IGA posted:

There's a sign on the car documenting how many extra tons it adds and the suspension required to hold it up.

House on the Rock, Spring Green, WI. The most amazing "roadside attraction" ever created.

Some not-crappy-construction: The Infinity Room

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Platystemon posted:

So what you’re saying is that I should get out of my slump, stop leaving voids, and get on your level.

Right right.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Reporting someone for making bad repetitive jokes on Something Awful seems a bit pointless. So maybe he's just upset about us stealing his joke?

I'd suggest buying avatars for 50.07 posters for that, rather than trying to use reports.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Is there a ban on all other cement or plaster based products too? 400 lbs. of gypsum sounds awfully fragile.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I haven't reported anyone from making stupid jokes about concrete, but that doesn't mean the jokes are funny. So, y'know, if all you're doing with your post is figuring out a way to work a reference to concrete into the current topic of conversation, maybe...don't? :v: Or try harder and make a funny reference to concrete. I don't care either way.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I haven't reported anyone from making stupid jokes about concrete, but that doesn't mean the jokes are funny. So, y'know, if all you're doing with your post is figuring out a way to work a reference to concrete into the current topic of conversation, maybe...don't? :v: Or try harder and make a funny reference to concrete. I don't care either way.

I think some people are board of the conversation, and are measuring twice before they cut once to the heart of the problem, and would like to plaster over issues they see with the thread, and are taking concrete measures to do so.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I tried so loving hard to get a picture of this thing when I was there, but the room was too dark for my phone. Thanks for posting this.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I'll go to bat for Munki's last concrete joke, but generally, they're awful.

I'm gonna make groverhaus jokes literally until it gets me killed though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

They're funny for how they pop up, not for the derails they cause. One and done is good. I've laughed at the last few.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
All these concrete jokes are pretty brutal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Concrete jokes may not be funny, but making some anonymous loser mad definitely is.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Apologies in advance for this screed, but I figure I would just float this opinion out there - I think that when you take in all of these concrete jokes in aggregate, it reinforces certain tinted opinions about these forums. Set up rules if you have to, but be weary of casting too large of a net - I don't think there is a quick cure.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm pretty board of this derail, wood you guys please screw off?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

It's amazing how long it took me to parse this image. I just really was not expecting an up-down-up ordering to the staircase.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Enourmo posted:

No worries. I am protected.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Enourmo posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. You can only fall down one flight of stairs at a time, rather than just tumbling all the way down.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

First heavy wind and that thing is going to violently rip away from the house or violently fall into the house. I wonder if the owner's insurance company knows about this addition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've seen stairs like that before, 100% of the time in the former soviet union.