Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

chunkles posted:

They've got their picks, Denver/Portland second rounders this year and a couple young prospects. They could send SLAM DEKKER or Montrezl Harrell. Brewer is the easiest salary match, but has guaranteed money next year. Seems unlikely that they would trade any of their starters or Gordon.

Basically it'd probably be contingent on Ibaka refusing to re-sign with the Magic and nobody else coming up with a good trade package.

Capela/Nene/Harrell is an oddly good big man rotation (a lot better than I thought it would be) but they all have various limitations and none of them is close to playing 30mpg. Ibaka, if he's still playing good defense, would take up a lot of those.

Also I haven't heard a peep about this anywhere other than Rockets/Magic boards so it could just be a buncha poo poo anyway.

Gotta wonder what the Magic would even want in return. They have no team identity and I've seen everyone in trade talks, even Gordon. I don't think they'd want another promising but not super promising prospect in return. Their entire team is made up of promising but not super promising players. Ibaka should at least be worth a first. He doesn't even look that bad this year and is suffering from a dumb organization that thought they could build a team around Serge Ibaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This should help

http://streamable.com/gw7k4

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Doltos posted:

Gotta wonder what the Magic would even want in return. They have no team identity and I've seen everyone in trade talks, even Gordon. I don't think they'd want another promising but not super promising prospect in return. Their entire team is made up of promising but not super promising players. Ibaka should at least be worth a first. He doesn't even look that bad this year and is suffering from a dumb organization that thought they could build a team around Serge Ibaka.

Magic fans want shooters, which is what the Rockets can't really spare. Or maybe I'm just being a softie and Morey will ship out Anderson tomorrow.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

chunkles posted:

e: Did anyone else notice that the Jazz grabbed the 4 seed?

No, but I did notice the raptors snagged the 4th seed

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

There is no path to the playoffs in the next 4 years that doesn't involve one of their young guys having a totally unexpected breakout season or selling off everything for mid range vets just to get first round revenue. Their drafts didn't work out and their moves this summer were exactly as bad and desperate as they seemed.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
God bless you guys who watched NBA instead of the super bowl, you're the real fans. The rest of us have to rest in shame

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Ibaka is expiring, if Orlando's decided they really hosed up and want to start the rebuild over, they could trade him for a late first or whatever anyone is offering. Still stuck with maxed out Biyombo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trade serge to Washington to reunite with scotty

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The magics plan should be to have aaron gordan start the 4 but instead all they do is give up wings and shooters for bigs

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/828445412776300545

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Devos family is too busy privatizing water and schools to care about what their lovely basketball team is doing, so I assume that everyone will keep their job

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Dont let that fact that Falcons blew a 3 Touchdown lead distract you from the fact that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Glumslinger posted:

Dont let that fact that Falcons blew a 3 Touchdown lead distract you from the fact that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

Can't wait for the NHL to also follow this trend this year. Then we can have instances of it in all four major NA sports!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kibner posted:

Can't wait for the NHL to also follow this trend this year. Then we can have instances of it in all four major NA sports!

A team came back from 3-0 a few years back. Hockey is ahead of the curve on teams blowing big leads.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Dont let that fact that the falcons gave up 31 unanswered points distract you from the fact that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead with the first unanimous MVP

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

J R got to hold his baby :unsmith:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQLZNDjF_Vr/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Derrick Williams is so bad he got waived to make room for Okaro White

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Henchman of Santa posted:

It seems like just yesterday Knicks fans were trying to steal DWill's nickname and give it to him.

In unsurprising news DWill, Bogut, and Barea will be out tonight vs the Nuggets.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This makes up for Touchdown Tom winning

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Henchman of Santa posted:

RIP Coke Machine's career

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

It seems like just yesterday Knicks fans were trying to steal DWill's nickname and give it to him.

Knicks fans overrating their bench players??

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hate to be the bearer of bad news nick but it looks like the Grizz have ceased to exist.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
tbf if I had to guard this dude I'd cease to exist asap as well

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

tbf if I had to guard this dude I'd cease to exist asap as well

Looked up the story about his missing finger and it's not too far removed from how my mom lost hers at a similar age.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

who the gently caress is that and why is his face so punchable.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

who the gently caress is that and why is his face so punchable.

Davis Bertans. 24 year-old Spurs rookie from Latvia.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Faces are actually not very punchable, they're very hard and you could hurt your hands.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So he's fake Matt Bonner.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hello, name is Matt Boner. Nice to meet you.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think Bertans dunks a lot harder than Bonner tho.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I think Bertans dunks a lot harder than Bonner tho.

That's not hard, bonner could only jump like 3 inches off the ground.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
DeMarcus Cousins is a great man. A wise man.

http://streamable.com/gw7k4

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Am Rocket. Red.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
drat, Boogie had those birds loaded and ready to go. He'd make a great gunfighter in the wild west.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

This needs Dr. J back to the camera, looking back over his shoulder, smiling, photoshopped in conducting the N.Y. Philharmonic. Or a Philly one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/828718626609979392

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/828717481740996617

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yessss

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No 1st rounder much better than Denzel valentine lol.

Wojs outfit has been pretty tied in to Sixers sources. That may be a legit thing or pressure on another team to up their offer

euphronius fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/828718425933492229

• Locked thread