Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
A time to punch some clanners and retake the Inner Sphere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A is so super-stereotypically Steiner you can see how it is going to hurt them a mile away. Heavy response while leaving your rear exposed. F at the very least is funny.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

B: Obviously we're picking the mystery box.

I hope it's aliens.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Synthbuttrange posted:

Uuuuuuh, they sure picked an operation name. Let me think about this a bit

But it's a pun too, you see!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I'm gona vote for A, since we haven't done anything with the Lyrans since Hogarth's Heroes and it'd be nice to tromp around with the Steiners again.

Pssst, by the way Poptarts, you made a mistake in the Misery entry. It's supposed to be Draconis Suns, not Federated Commonwealth

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Voting A for orbital drop Atlas.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

E Because I wanna see this this dumbass kid somehow pull it off. Or fail miserably. Either works.

e: By my tally so far it's

A 27
B 24
C 3
D 3
E 5
F 9

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 6, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'm a sucker for a good heist, but I've gotta vote A.

The lyrans putting everything they have into one last desperate shot is too awesome to let happen off-screen.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

I think the Demon Hawks weren't included because they'd win and these awesome options wouldn't have a chance.

I'm tempted to go with B, because it's the plucky, elite NRWR, and a mystery box to top it off. Anything else other than the grand scale equivalent of Luthien or Andurien and it'd be the winner. This offensive is crucial to the grand, overarching plot.

Glory or death!

A

It feels weird to be on the opposite side of the second most popular option, after barely shoeing in the NRWR campaign for the Demon Hawks, but I guess this is the Lyrans' Andurien or Luthien, just like Andurien is this timeline's Tukkayid.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 6, 2017

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

A

Revenge for Somerset!

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Even though Frederick's offensive has a 141 and 2/3rds chance of success, I think that he may need some help at Sacrifice.

Voting A

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Ardlen posted:

You stay on it for the next cycle.

Just two more years!

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

B - RWA Listening Post 84

Super tempted to vote for the Lyrans, but I recently voted to assassinate Uncle Stevie, so I gotta balance it out by rooting for the thin blue-and-red line standing between the IS and whatever's coming for the IS next.

Do we have enough evidence for the going theory to be that it's Clan Invasion II: Son of Clan Invasion, or are we looking at something out of left field?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
I'll go with B: Steiner's invasion will probably stay around as an option for awhile, so it can wait.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
B, can't pass up the chance to see DEEEEEP SPAAAAAACE.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Realbarrow posted:

Super tempted to vote for the Lyrans, but I recently voted to assassinate Uncle Stevie, so I gotta balance it out by rooting for the thin blue-and-red line standing between the IS and whatever's coming for the IS next.

Do we have enough evidence for the going theory to be that it's Clan Invasion II: Son of Clan Invasion, or are we looking at something out of left field?

Flight of the abjured clan

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Realbarrow posted:

It could be anything, up to and including the Tetatae. Squawk!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I vote B, because there's not a drat thing the clans can do to stop a fully mobilized Lyran military anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

wiegieman posted:

not a drat thing the clans can do to stop a fully mobilized Lyran military anyway.

Time for some Atlas class scout mechs?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

B

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

This is a tough one. Ultimately, I'm going with Luthien Logic....pick the one that seems the most important. The heist sounds fun, especially if we're doing the heist, but the success or failure of Plan Katrina could save or doom an entire successor state. Plus its seems to be down to A or B. If F were competitive, I'd maybe go there but the fun in F is playing it, not caring whether it succeeds or not. That being the case, I've got to see if Freddy can pull it off.

A

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
F and Cool it with those Negative Waves, Man.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
A

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
A

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

A, revenge for the 2nd Donegal Guards is incoming at the speed of a hundred Atlases. Although I'm sorely tempted by many other options.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
A: Plan Katrina

It's time to take back My Home Planet! And its going to be be glorious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The 2nd Donegal Guard will be Avenged

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

C. All of these are really interesting options, if only reality wasn't so cruel as to limit us to a single instance of Poptartsninja.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting A

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

StarFyter posted:

C. All of these are really interesting options, if only reality wasn't so cruel as to limit us to a single instance of Poptartsninja.

Well if someone thinks they've the chops, why not start their own thread?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

B

What could it be?!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Synthbuttrange posted:

B

What could it be?!

It could be anything, even a boat!

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
A sounds like the biggest and baddest fight

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The SSW files and .png/.tga sprites for the King Atlas have been posted on my Patreon (again, freely available to the public). The RAS-04a, RAS-04b (Duncan's model), RAS-04c, and RAS-04x (the supremely lovely prototype) are all available for people to check out and/or use as they see fit.

They should be compatible with MegaMek, but as a warning SSW refuses to save the RAS-04b's armored cockpit so it comes out a ton underweight.

Edit: I was unbelievably tempted to give the King Atlas a cowl.

Double Edit: here's a sampler:

A notable failure and proof that great things often have humble origins, the RAS-04x King Atlas Prototype was originally designed decades before the production model’s advanced Ferro-Lamellor armor was completed. Sporting 38.5 tons of hardened armor and an armament very much reminiscent of the original AS7-D Atlas, the Prototype is both sluggish and extremely difficult to pilot. A good idea on paper, the reinforced cowl protecting the prototype's cockpit rendered the machine's ejector seat a deathtrap and, even more damning, the original design did not include a working communications system. The prototype’s head-mounted laser had to be removed so that an additional ton of communications equipment could be added to rectify this shortcoming.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 7, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

King Atlas backer info

:swoon:

I love that Duncan's performance is the canonical (well, for the PTN-verse) reason that high command officially renamed the Atlas III to King Atlas.

(Also, I think this is the first thing I've helped contribute to the PTN timeline, even if it was just the name.)

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
D, set lasers to no you shut up.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
B

I hope that the secret threat is the yuuzhan vong.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Can I vote for all the letters?

Curiosity gets the best of me.

B

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My home Commonwealth! A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

:swoon:

I love that Duncan's performance is the canonical (well, for the PTN-verse) reason that high command officially renamed the Atlas III to King Atlas.

(Also, I think this is the first thing I've helped contribute to the PTN timeline, even if it was just the name.)

It was well deserved and I like the name better than Atlas III

• Locked thread