Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I call bullshit. This is some real stolen valor happening with this assclown. He acts like he is an Aussie, but is in fact a neckbeard in Md. that claims he is white hat for a 3 letter agency. This fucker even went so far as to try and threaten me with that nonsense in R/L. As if someone is going to actually risk their reputation, clearance, employment, security clearance, and freedom over teaching some goonie a lesson on the internet because they said a bad word about their favorite video game. Yep, I can totally see that Congressional hearing happening. That rear end in a top hat is on meds and perhaps needs a bump in dosages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
/\/\

Makes this guy more of a comical dick.

Me neither friend.

Last time I was in a combat zone doing ummmmm... :airquote:things:airquote:.

We made sure, take out all the radios playing combat music, and all iPods were stopped, because we had to be immersed in the moment of living life on the line. While doing.... things. For ... people.

This is my convincing post that I was maybe in the military once, maybe doing things. Or maybe I'm a dangerous person now. Citizen by day and night, cutthroat mercenary on the weekend as I globetrot from conflict to conflict. It's very quiet though. Only me and my immersive thoughts as I slowly stroke the fidelity out of my umm... tool of the trade.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 6, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Seems like something's on the brink of stupidity at least.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

/\/\

Makes this guy more of a comical dick.

Me neither friend.

Last time I was in a combat zone doing ummmmm... :airquote:things:airquote:.

We made sure, take out all the radios playing combat music, and all iPods were stopped, because we had to be immersed in the moment of living life on the line. While doing.... things. For ... people.

This is my convincing post that I was maybe in the military once, maybe doing things. Or maybe I'm a dangerous person now. Citizen by day and night, cutthroat mercenary on the weekend as I globetrot from conflict to conflict. It's very quiet though. Only me and my immersive thoughts as I slowly stroke the fidelity out of my umm... tool of the trade.

:laffo::perfect::laffo:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

As if someone is going to actually risk their reputation, clearance, employment, security clearance, and freedom over teaching some goonie a lesson on the internet because they said a bad word about their favorite video game. Yep, I can totally see that Congressional hearing happening. That rear end in a top hat is on meds and perhaps needs a bump in dosages.

Word.

Kinda content free, but people don't burn their livelihood to be mean. I have access to email servers, but it's a lot more than my jobs worth to be even poking around in there, even _when I'm allowed to_. Even catching glimpses of email traffic skeeves me the gently caress out.

And I'm merely covered by the normal laws and a hungry HR dept. Throw in 'might have to flee the country', and the whole 'imma NSA hacker defending SC' gets thrown into sharp proportion.

Unless he's BLM sysadmin.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

Word.

Kinda content free, but people don't burn their livelihood to be mean. I have access to email servers, but it's a lot more than my jobs worth to be even poking around in there, even _when I'm allowed to_. Even catching glimpses of email traffic skeeves me the gently caress out.

And I'm merely covered by the normal laws and a hungry HR dept. Throw in 'might have to flee the country', and the whole 'imma NSA hacker defending SC' gets thrown into sharp proportion.

But it sounds really impressive to the 14 yr olds on Reddit though.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I want to say something here, but everything I could say would be too small and insignificant to make a

:golfclap:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What loving part of the Crobbler's reputation says he's the man to make a game that's better than anything ever made? His reputation for going over budget and over time on everything he ever did? His reputation as a failed movie maker? Perhaps it's his reputation as a failed used car salesman? None of these things make me think "I'd better get my $35k down on this game while there's still time!"

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I call bullshit. This is some real stolen valor happening with this assclown. He acts like he is an Aussie, but is in fact a neckbeard in Md. that claims he is white hat for a 3 letter agency. This fucker even went so far as to try and threaten me with that nonsense in R/L. As if someone is going to actually risk their reputation, clearance, employment, security clearance, and freedom over teaching some goonie a lesson on the internet because they said a bad word about their favorite video game. Yep, I can totally see that Congressional hearing happening. That rear end in a top hat is on meds and perhaps needs a bump in dosages.

The people who fervently defend this boondoggle of a game are very special people.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Culture war veteran right here

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav posted:

Word.

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/651156002344009728

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Culture war veteran right here

He does love him some Trump.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

Seems like something's on the brink of stupidity at least.

Well, yeah. He's missing his front shields and armour, and one laser cannon. So he seems to have stupidly run into one of those “asteroids.”

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Always on point my friend. Always on point.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

jack poo poo of many trades

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ymivJCE.gifv

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Well, yeah. He's missing his front shields and armour, and one laser cannon. So he seems to have stupidly run into one of those “asteroids.”

A spacesuit might have been an idea as well. But I'm sure fighter pilots of the future will just wear jeans and a brown bomber jacket.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fascinates me how they argue over the nuances of alien languages. Yet there is no roadmap to a female model in the game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I'm a cunning linguist.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

That's patently false.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3173&perpage=40#post458662958

First, nice of you to troll public records looking for me.

FYI, I got a Red light camera ticket early this year. I paid an attorney $75 to beat it, since it was wrong (and court ruled illegal). Never stepped foot in a court building. Nice try.

When I come back from lunch, since it was already revealed to me that you are a CIG plant, now it would be my turn to uncover who you are, so you can end the bullshit. You have your "mate" to thank for that. And that's why I have a lockbin account.

Remember, you started this. And you had many chances to not make this personal. You should probably go back to the guide you were given.

bbl

words words :siren: JULY BLOG :siren: words words

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Maybe he played Eve.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Here MoMA, this one's on me.

D_Smart posted:

ps: I have a third meeting with the Feds on Feb 3rd, and another with State officials on Feb 17th. That is all.

D_Smart posted:

We're working through it. Had a legal meeting today discussing some things (the arbitration clause which they've only just figured out how to get around). Also have a meeting with the AG of two States next week.

Trust me, we're on it. It's huge. And if those pricks are reading this, I think they know by now that I'm not screwing around. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing.

I'm sure there are more but I only searched "meeting"

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Here MoMA, this one's on me.

I'm sure there are more but I only searched "meeting"

Wasn't there another quote that said he was going to reveal something so damning that it would 100% guarantee legal action? Sigh - those were the good times.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Moma's found a friend :3:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

words words :siren: JULY BLOG :siren: words words

MoMA, can I have your opinions on what your ideal man Chris Roberts is trying to tell us in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTveIlCaVY

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i'm dead

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wasn't there another quote that said he was going to reveal something so damning that it would 100% guarantee legal action? Sigh - those were the good times.

Ah you must be talking about my favorite quote, here it is :)

D_Smart posted:

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

am I going totally crazy or did I see sandi gardner in one of the superbowl ads. Some kind of skin cream or something, I forget: I was four beers deep at that point.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

NLJP posted:

am I going totally crazy or did I see sandi gardner in one of the superbowl ads. Some kind of skin cream or something, I forget: I was four beers deep at that point.

Taxxe:

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 6, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I know. I kinda want to point out that veracity is the last thing to fight over in the thread, but it's so damned lovely.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
We may as well all watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ezRFBnWBKg

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
MoMMa nah doo doo doo dooo do MoMMa nahhhh do do do do

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Or this, again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wExn706uQ (in case you want something a little less cogent and coherent).

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Why the gently caress are you using onion and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic.

It's dumb.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lladre posted:

Why the gently caress are you using onion and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic.

It's dumb.

I use onion powder because I don't like onions but the powder is fine enough I don't notice it and I still get the flavor the recipe is looking for.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

I know. I kinda want to point out that veracity is the last thing to fight over in the thread, but it's so damned lovely.

It's all "remember that time Derek did that thing" and "oh yeah that one I surely do remember. Say! d'you remember the time he did that other thing" and "why yes I do! Semicolon dash close parenthesis"

It's like they really really want to beat Derek at the great big writing about Derek Smart championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lladre posted:

It's dumb.

Yeah, when I like a dash of pepper I usually throw a handful of peppercorns on my meal. Can't beat the texture.