Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

thatbastardken posted:

could be the same general that meti castrated when he tried to sex her.

that was some different chump, Ryu-tem-Ryam

which I suppose doesn't technically mean he couldn't be Incubus but I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joe Slowboat posted:

Well, my wild guesses are:
Mammon: The Beast (duh)
Jadis: The Diamond (because she's a paperweight)
Jagganoth: The Tower (he's... tall? I guess?)
Solomon: The Blade (I guess he could also be The Tower, but he seems like a Blade type now that Incubus is known)
Gog-Agog: The Mind (This one just feels right)

Of course, the only one of these I have any strong belief in is that Mammon is The Beast. Jagganoth is a distant second contender, but I really don't think it could be anyone but the Big Old Monster Dragon himself.
You have to remember, they aren't "The Glory" or "The Flame", they're each bearers of a syllable of royalty, and this this reflects both themselves and how they act. Someone who is bearer of the syllable of royalty "Blade" doesn't necessarily need to be a Sword guy, but they will probably be defined by combat. That's why I'm guessing Jagganoth is Blade. Likewise Tower is a symbol of control, order, and defense, and I'm guessing it's Solomon David's.

Gog-Agog being Mind is almost definitely right and Jadis being Diamond probably is.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 2, 2017

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

JT Jag posted:

You have to remember, they aren't "The Glory" or "The Flame", they're each bearers of a syllable of royalty, and this this reflects both themselves and how they act. Someone who is bearer of the syllable of royalty "Blade" doesn't necessarily need to be a Sword guy, but they will probably be defined by combat. That's why I'm guessing Jagganoth is Blade. Likewise Tower is a symbol of control and defense, and I'm guessing it's Solomon David's.

Gog-Agog being Mind is almost definitely right and Jadis being Diamond probably is.

See, I would switch Gog-Agog and Jadis.

A diamond has many faces, and refracts images of the things in its vicinity. It is also a glamorous and desired thing. I believe we have been told that Gog-Agog is a big time celebrity in the entertainment district.

Meanwhile, Jadis was, prior to seeing the shape of the universe, one of (if not the most skilled) practitioners of the arts, and now, she is practically omniscient. The fact that she was able to retain what sanity she has left is a testament to the power of her mind.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. Lobe posted:

See, I would switch Gog-Agog and Jadis.

A diamond has many faces, and refracts images of the things in its vicinity. It is also a glamorous and desired thing. I believe we have been told that Gog-Agog is a big time celebrity in the entertainment district.

Meanwhile, Jadis was, prior to seeing the shape of the universe, one of (if not the most skilled) practitioners of the arts, and now, she is practically omniscient. The fact that she was able to retain what sanity she has left is a testament to the power of her mind.
Certainly possible!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

that was some different chump, Ryu-tem-Ryam

which I suppose doesn't technically mean he couldn't be Incubus but I doubt it

OTOH, the guy called "Incubus" being sans cock would be par for the course in KSBD. Might also be an opportunity to reveal the fate of Meti and tie in Maya somehow.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Jagganoth: Beast, for he craves destruction
Jadis: Tower, for she saw the true form of the universe
Mammon: Diamond, for he craves wealth

And then I guess Gog-Agog for Mind and therefore Solomon for Blade. Or the reverse. Or something completely different.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hey, there's a chance Jagganoth might get Mind. By all accounts, he's incredibly smart and a giant nerd.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd say that Jadis might have Tower, for she has sequestered herself away from the world. Mammon the diamond, for wealth, Solomon the Blade, Jagganoth the Beast, Gog-Agog Mind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
See, when I hear 'Tower', I think the tarot interpretation, which is about a complete collapse of structure and your assumptions about how the world and your lives work.

So whoever's the bearer of the word Tower is probably gonna end up being the one who ironically ushers in Alison's final transformation into KSBD.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MikeJF posted:

I'd say that Jadis might have Tower, for she has sequestered herself away from the world.

PMush Perfect posted:

See, when I hear 'Tower', I think the tarot interpretation, which is about a complete collapse of structure and your assumptions about how the world and your lives work.

So whoever's the bearer of the word Tower is probably gonna end up being the one who ironically ushers in Alison's final transformation into KSBD.

Someone has to build a tower in order for it to collapse. And having someone who possesses omniscience have their assumptions about the world collapse would be very fitting. Or it could be that in gaining omniscience Jadis has already had her Tower collapse since all she wants now is to die instead of enjoying her knowledge and power.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Allison ends up killing Gog-Agog and as it turns out, all of the worms making up Gog-Agog count as demons, individually.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if anyone is translating this comic to other languages, like Spanish or Japanese or what not.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I've been working intermittently on a Finnish translation for fun.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 6, 2017

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
oh you son of a bitch

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
You get me every goddamn time

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
fug DDD-:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I've been working intermittently on a Finnish translation for fun.

Renaissance Robot posted:

oh you son of a bitch

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Art has been made here today.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The comic has also updated today

Incubus!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, I wasn't expecting this. I wonder what these two are up to.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

after reading this (and the commentary below the comic), the only thing that can be said to allison is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkBvzpbBPs&t=97s

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nice to get a peek at the current state of some of his previous clients.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

looks like he's running the buddhist equivalent of a stereotypical D.A.R.E. drug scheme

"Hey, hey you, kid... you want some enlightenment? It'll make you feel real good, like Royalty. Come on, just say yes, first syllable of the Divine's name is free..."

then you say yes and bam you find yourself sucking dicks for black glass and you're jumping off a roof because you think you're pree aesma and sleeping in a gutter

President Ark fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 7, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It can be difficult to tell what are good and bad decisions in this comic, but this was pretty clearly a bad decision.

Probably.

Maybe.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
If you look at the left side of the second panel, you can see three of the four example losers Incubus showed Allison. Two of whom appear to have chewed through their own lips.

Incubus is a hell of a drug.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder what these two are up to.

"Have you ever touched the Red God's Mace, oh Sword King?"

(slightly :nws:)

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
On the one hand, yeah, this is almost certainly not going to end well for Allison.

On the other, she seems to be the third rail of the Universe that people can't help poking, least of all the Seven, so it's probably not going to end well for Incubus either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think I'm beginning to understand why Incubus' realm is the shittiest one.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I think I'm beginning to understand why Incubus' realm is the shittiest one.

having a realm populated largely by cosmic drug addicts does that, yes

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

President Ark posted:

having a realm populated largely by cosmic drug addicts does that, yes

tccc
have you tried clsd?!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

atleast he's got a lot of incu-joose flowing everywhere, soaking his robes etc

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

that's a lot of cups

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Is Incubus blind? he seems to be feeling his way with the sword.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's either that or it's just a character tic for the Demiurges to be tapping poo poo constantly, like Mottom and her nasty rear end fingernails.

But haha, holy poo poo, what a dumb loving decision Allison

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I know she was really vulnerable and stuff but it honestly feels a bit like she jumped to "hell yeah gently caress me up fam" a bit too quickly in that sequence in my useless opinion

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

But haha, holy poo poo, what a dumb loving decision Allison

I know right?

This is gonna turn out great

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Allison made a great decision. If incubus fucks her over she kills his wussy rear end. Hard, super hard, double super triple hard.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's amazing how in two pages, just how monstrous Incubus is revealed to be. Page 1: oh, he's a vampire.

Page 2: oh... he's so much worse, he's a walking monkey's paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Being a wimp who relies on hand-me-down power is not Royal at all. Allison will probably will lose her eye for this.