Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I'm asking a general question. People get so dang mad about Stranger Things. At the moment I read your post, I read an article about the season 2 trailer, and people are all like "Sheeeet, is good but like NOT THAT GOOD DANG! gently caress! SO MANY PLOT HOLES!"

Link the article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Death By The Blues posted:

Also,

Looks like we are going Mexican actors over Pakistani. Is it plausible for a plane to crash over the gulf of Mexico?

If they were flying from Mexico to Florida it could happen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/02/03/heres-your-first-look-at-stranger-things-season-two

If you insist.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

A stupid FB comment-bait puzzle that tripped me up more than it should have. The answer is 15.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The problem with Stranger Things is that the story isn't nearly as good as the characters, but I suppose that's to be expected when the show relies so heavily on pastiche. I felt like the ending pretty well summed things up and I was hoping that maybe they were going to go with an anthology series type of thing instead of more or less returning to the same story. In any case the show is pretty milquetoast overall and if people didn't talk about it so much I probably would have already forgot about it.

Spatulater bro! posted:

A stupid FB comment-bait puzzle that tripped me up more than it should have. The answer is 15.

I guess it still tripped you up because the answer is 90.

gently caress, I got tripped up too. It's 70.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 6, 2017

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ruddiger posted:

I'm glad that the horrific violence that's plagued Chicago the past few years is prime material for both a non-satirical Robocop show and a laugh track sitcom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVuLFwaW1E

I'm really curious to see the portrayal of Uptown - from what I've read they're talking about rapid gentrification and that's surprising to me. I moved into an apartment there in like August 2015 and as long as I've been here, it's seemed like a real shithole, albeit one where I can get the cheapest convenient apartment :shrug:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Also,

Looks like we are going Mexican actors over Pakistani. Is it plausible for a plane to crash over the gulf of Mexico?

Anything is possible in Trump's America friend.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

And that's the first time I've used algebra in over a decade.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CPL593H posted:

gently caress, I got tripped up too. It's 70.

He was right, by order of operations, 5 + 1 * 10.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Two mistakes I initially made: adding before multiplying, and assigning 2 to fries. Fries is 1.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I did mention that I haven't used algebra since I was in high school. I feel like regardless of the answer we've all been tricked into talking about McDonalds.

ALSO!

I watched the trailer for Unironic OCP, how did nobody notice that the female officer that appears to be a lead character is wearing a name tag that says "Murphy"?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Worse, we've been tricked into talking about Order of Operations.

I'm awful at math but I will always remember PEMDAS.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The unironic Robocop is the hugely underrated remake.

This show is just a Marvel superhero movie without the branding.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Spatulater bro! posted:

Two mistakes I initially made: adding before multiplying, and assigning 2 to fries. Fries is 1.

How the gently caress is fries 1?

Spatulater bro! posted:

shake + shake + shake = 30 -> shake = 10
10 + burger + burger= 20 -> burger = 5
5 + fry + fry = 9 -> fry = 2
5 + 2 * 10 = 25

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Snak posted:

5 + 2 * 10 = 25

They gently caress you up by doubling up the fries in the first image they're featured.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Snak posted:

5 + 2 * 10 = 25

:) Look closer.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Good news: Part of London After Midnight has finally been found after being the most sought after lost film...

Bad news:

That's literally all that's left. One frame.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mecha Gojira posted:

They gently caress you up by doubling up the fries in the first image they're featured.

That is a load of poo poo. You can't do that.

This is like, the FB puzzle version of the time McDonalds wanted to help their employees manage money better and had to include income from a second job because they barely play a living wage. It only makes sense if you assume we're cheating and putting in an unintuitive way.

gently caress McDonald's.

I finally went back to mcdonald's for the first time in months, and of course they gave me the wrong sandwich.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Egbert Souse posted:

Good news: Part of London After Midnight has finally been found after being the most sought after lost film...

Bad news:

This is kind of sad.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They break their own puzzle logic. bs imo

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

Bad news:

looks good

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Egbert Souse posted:

Bad news:

It's a beautiful frame, though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Bad news:

I'm confused by your wording. You mean they found everything except one frame? Or that one frame was all they found?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm confused by your wording. You mean they found everything except one frame? Or that one frame was all they found?

that's the only frame of the movie that exists

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Skwirl posted:

If they were flying from Mexico to Florida it could happen.

It would be to Toronto so it could work technically.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU, The Killing of America just popped up on Amazon Prime

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Egbert Souse posted:

Bad news:

Holy poo poo. Where did they find this? And how did one single frame get separated from the rest of the reel? Maybe this means there's a chance at finding the rest?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Spatulater bro! posted:

Holy poo poo. Where did they find this? And how did one single frame get separated from the rest of the reel? Maybe this means there's a chance at finding the rest?

It was in a collection of snipped film frames, probably from a projectionist.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Lurdiak posted:

God drat it, I really thought I'd get at least one emptyquote for this.
Man, I can't go empty quoting every clever post in here. Guys who post clever stuff, just assume if you did something clever, I empty quoted it.

You know who you are.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Criminal Minded posted:

Ohhhhh I fucken hate you!!!

I only fell asleep for about 20 minutes of it.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
MTV Canada is playing old episodes of degrassi and Drake from rap music just got shot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

MTV Canada is playing old episodes of degrassi and Drake from rap music just got shot.

We put our actors through the ringer up here in Canada before we send them out into the world.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nobody is interrogating the underlying assumptions here, e.g. what kind of corrupt order defines a Coke as equal to ten orders of fries

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I believe that to be a "shake," a delightful treat easily matching 10 your fries.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Has any1 seen Cinema Twain, Val Kilmer's filmed version of his one-man play where (as far as I can tell) he basically does stand-up as Mark Twain.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

So the intro to Unironic Robocop is just play-by-play plagiarizing the beginning of the first Iron Man but instead of a car crash his black friend gets gutshot in a robbery when his actions make it worse so now it's the adventures of a white techbro privatizing the police to avenge his dead black friend and uggggggggggh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smAKMcg7QfQ

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hostile V posted:

So the intro to Unironic Robocop is just play-by-play plagiarizing the beginning of the first Iron Man but instead of a car crash his black friend gets gutshot in a robbery when his actions make it worse so now it's the adventures of a white techbro privatizing the police to avenge his dead black friend and uggggggggggh.

So it's the Exterminator basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcW7PAyObw

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Hostile V posted:

how are peoole so consistently cool and awesome and how am i not depressed and angry all the time now? Idk idk? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Baron von Eevl posted:

I believe that to be a "shake," a delightful treat easily matching 10 your fries.

[unsheathes a longsword] Shakes at McDonald's have domed lids, while soft drinks have flat ones

• Locked thread