Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

sellouts posted:

What makes that one FA a representative sample?

Nothing really, I assume they weren't bold faced lieing, however, I don't know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Cacafuego posted:

Just listening to a conversation between an F passenger and a flight attendant about how the airline (AA) only stocks 4 bottles of woodford for each flight. I overheard another FA complaining last week, (can't remember if delta or united) that said they only stock 2 or 4 dr peppers per flight. What's the reasoning behind that? I'm assuming cost cutting in the case of woodford - freeloaders in F (upgrades) drinking lots of expensive alcohol, but why not stock more Dr Pepper if apparently it's something the FAs are constantly complaining about?

It isn't even 4 bottles of woodford, it's more like maybe 1, and if your lucky 2. gently caress off AA

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

fyallm posted:

It isn't even 4 bottles of woodford, it's more like maybe 1, and if your lucky 2. gently caress off AA

Always remember that the carts are stocked with an eye to what they can sell. They sell a lot more vodka than bourbon and stock accordingly. Everything else is a secondary concern.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cacafuego posted:

Just listening to a conversation between an F passenger and a flight attendant about how the airline (AA) only stocks 4 bottles of woodford for each flight. I overheard another FA complaining last week, (can't remember if delta or united) that said they only stock 2 or 4 dr peppers per flight. What's the reasoning behind that? I'm assuming cost cutting in the case of woodford - freeloaders in F (upgrades) drinking lots of expensive alcohol, but why not stock more Dr Pepper if apparently it's something the FAs are constantly complaining about?

What's your flyertalk username?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ha, no. I am that freeloader always hoping for an upgrade. I just assume the airline executives look at all upgraded passengers as freeloaders wanting to drink away the precious airline profits.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
Who gives a gently caress what airline execs think?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Who cares about Dr. Pepper. Airlines always have ginger ale, which mixes well with gin (gin buck), rum (dark and stormy), a crappy moscow mule (vodka), etc.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I'm just trying to understand the motivation behind it, I don't care what the executives think.

And yes, ginger ale is a superior beverage, there's no arguing that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ginger ale is good but soda water is the superior beverage.

Except when the FA screws up and gives you tonic water because why would anyone drink tonic water that doesn't have gin in it?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Look at Mr. Fancy Pants here that's never contracted malaria.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Ginger ale is good but soda water is the superior beverage.

Except when the FA screws up and gives you tonic water because why would anyone drink tonic water that doesn't have gin in it?

When Seagrams changed their cans a few months ago I got tonic water like 6 times after asking for ginger ale, because reading is hard?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah those attendants aren't run ragged, underpaid and with circadian rhythms that have been ground into dust. They're just stupid.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Is this thread parodying itself now?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

God knows we have nothing else to talk about

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm stuck in a middle seat on a flight out on Sunday and then again returning on Friday (though I still have hope that I'll be able to get something better on the return as long as I keep checking) and that's some bullshit but I didn't think that was worth posting about.

But now I posted about it, because I do not like middle seats and I hope the RJ I take to the hub airport is delayed just enough for Delta to let me swap flights so I can find one that has empty aisles.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Thoguh posted:

I'm stuck in a middle seat on a flight out on Sunday and then again returning on Friday (though I still have hope that I'll be able to get something better on the return as long as I keep checking) and that's some bullshit but I didn't think that was worth posting about.

But now I posted about it, because I do not like middle seats and I hope the RJ I take to the hub airport is delayed just enough for Delta to let me swap flights so I can find one that has empty aisles.

Haha similar, except I'm going SAN-ORD and I have to wait 6 hours for an alternate aircraft since mine lost its friggin windshield. (Alt routes get me home at the same time or even later.) Enough people have already moved off thst there's a near certain chance I'll be upgraded if i just stick it out so now I'm in the club eating cheese cubes.

Friday afternoon flights are loving cursed

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
My Chinese New Year traveling plans:

Sleep in a hourly motel near Shenzhen for a 6am flight.
Fly from Shanghai to Singapore, arriving 5am and having a 16 hour layover, leaving Singapore 10pm and going to Bangkok.

In bangkok for 2 nights and now I'm in chiangmai.

Going back to Hong Kong in 2 days but I haven't figured out a ticket yet.

Sure I met up with friends and family but most of the time I just go on long runs and eat random food.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thoguh posted:

As I discovered on Monday, the trick to surviving a middle seat is to show up to your flight hungover and on little to no sleep. That way you'll be so tired it won't matter where you fall asleep.

Also if it makes you feel better I couldn't even get a seat assignment for my return flight next Friday, which I'm assuming doesn't bode well.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I posted about this a few months back, but now my FF status for the year cleared up. I currently live in the Midwest, and began traveling to Louisville, KY about every 2 weeks out of pocket midway through last year. Between that and some business travel, I racked up 60 segments on Delta for the year, but was just short of the minimum spend for Gold, so I'm stuck with Silver this year. I've got a few more months of this, at which point I'll be moving to Philadelphia (AA hub), and will have to travel from PHL - SDF every week or two (again), at least until the end of the year when my SO is able to move to Philadelphia. The bright side of this is that there are direct flights on American between the two, but unfortunately they won't always work out time wise, so I may be stuck making a connection. Anyone have any thoughts on how to best to travel between Philly and Louisville? Should I switch my travel to American Airlines starting now, or stick with Delta in Philly? Any credit cards I can get to make this transition easier?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
If you decide to switch, you can get either the Barclay or CitiBank AAdvantage credit cards, I think they both have the $95 annual fee waived the first year and give you group 1 boarding and 1 free checked bag, basically the same benefits that the first tier status (Gold) with AA would give other than upgrades, which would be few and far between until you get higher status.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

National just tried to upgrade me to an F250 double cab long wheelbase 4x4. They seemed pissed that I politely declined.

edit: I had a minivan reserved because I'm carpooling at a conference.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Goober Peas posted:

National just tried to upgrade me to an F250 double cab long wheelbase 4x4. They seemed pissed that I politely declined.

No fun

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

ugh, another 2 segments that won't count towards any status

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Try that with 3 middle aged female executives. I'd have to buy a step ladder to get them in.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Goober Peas posted:

I don't know why National has a bunch of pickups lately but I grabbed one once just so I could tell people my rental car was an obscenely large pickup truck.

If the one at my local airport had them and had an emerald aisle I'd probably actually get one on purpose every once in a while to haul stuff, since that's a lot cheaper than actually owning a pickup.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sellouts posted:

ugh, another 2 segments that won't count towards any status

Looks rough.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

To be fair there wasn't any recline really and they didn't stock whatever booze y'all like.

The snack basket was ballin though.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Where's the suit?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

caberham posted:

Where's the suit?

poo poo, social contract shattered.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I'd be careful about posting pictures around private planes, mansions, fast cars, etc. The revolution can't be too far off now, just seems like a bad idea historically speaking, eg who typically gets meat hooks put in them first. This is some solid 2017 BFC advice, top shelf.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Thoguh posted:

poo poo, social contract shattered.

I laughed more at this than is reasonable. Such is the passage of time.

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
Escaped Logan on a 7:20am flight right before snowpocalyse started. Feeling pretty :smug: right now.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Pissingintowind posted:

Escaped Logan on a 7:20am flight right before snowpocalyse started. Feeling pretty :smug: right now.

Landed in PHL about six hours before it started. Hoping everything is unfucked at EWR so I can go home tomorrow.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
My flight home from Milan is delayed 3 hours, which is fairly decent all things considered.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Getting out of BWI was fine this morning. Most of the storm went north.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Has united.com been completely making GBS threads the bed for anyone else? The thing hasn't worked right for over a week

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Worked fine for me yesterday.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Babbys first rental car damage claim-

National gave me a Jeep Cherokee with a busted instrument cluster, several door dings, and 0% oil life. It was all they had at pickup in bumfuck NC and I was assured everything was noted on my account. Of course it wasn't when I dropped it back off.

Good thing we have the damage waiver baked into our corporate contract.

In 5 years of 25% travel its babby's first claim :kimchi:

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 11, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I just use Lyft for everything now. Gonna be bummed when I'm forced to rent a car again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I've been in Europe a lot so I'm sampling a hilarious assortment of Citroens, Skodas, Renaults and Alfas.