Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Godspeed You Anglo Emperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

I had to go look up the source on that:

http://www.pkkonline.com/en/index.php?sys=article&artID=205

Holy poo poo the PKK are badasses.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Weeping Wound posted:

be wary of his wife! she may appear at any time!

I went looking for "floor pizza" and found its origin.
:yikes:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The Kurds are a haunting question for me (although probably not a very deep one, otherwise I'd do more research) because they're clearly fighting a war of national liberation (in Syria and Turkey at least) and deserve at least critical support but then they even have the guts to properly advocate for serious communalist foundations of their state while somehow also attracting support from the USA and I don't really know how to square that in a regional or global political sense.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/827547790037413889

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

reading further into that thread apparently the saurus is from an area in england called "the black country"

lol dude been cucked womb to tomb

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if The Saurus is married to an american woman then they're definitely the couple who found each other on the chrischan forums. gently caress both of them, i hope they eat bad floor pizza and get e coli

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Is floor pizza counterrevolutionary? Asking for a friend.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

Is floor pizza counterrevolutionary? Asking for a friend.

it is lumpen

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

zen death robot posted:

The gently caress is floor pizza

It's when the guys at Papa John's drop a pizza on the floor and put it back in the box.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

funny way to spell posted:

It's when the guys at Papa John's drop a pizza on the floor and put it back in the box.

So it's ordering Papa John's?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zen death robot posted:

The gently caress is floor pizza

I linked the thread!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Went to a DSA meeting today, it wasn't terrible and I'm sure the group will get better with time

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/PhillyDSA/status/819684931660091394

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

namesake posted:

The Kurds are a haunting question for me (although probably not a very deep one, otherwise I'd do more research) because they're clearly fighting a war of national liberation (in Syria and Turkey at least) and deserve at least critical support but then they even have the guts to properly advocate for serious communalist foundations of their state while somehow also attracting support from the USA and I don't really know how to square that in a regional or global political sense.

:siren: I'm not a Leninist but :siren: governments back foreign movements founded on ideologies other than their own all the time. Red October only happened because Imperial Germany shipped Lenin to Petrograd because he was was a revolutionary defeatist and wanted to end Russia's participation in the war.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

namesake posted:

the US are supporting the SDF because they're one of the few forces actually fighting and taking ground from ISIS in Syria.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God willing, the revolution will start in Free Kurdistan and spread

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Garry Parrish posted:

God willing, the revolution will start in Free Kurdistan and spread

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the US are supporting the SDF because they're one of the few forces actually fighting and taking ground from ISIS in Syria.

Don't worry, once ISIS is taken care of we'll give em a good droning!

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

in the pre-trump world i'd say if or once ISIS was checked then the US would go back to decrying them all as turkish terrorists but who the gently caress knows what'll happen now

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yeah i honestly dont have much hope that they'll continue to be supported because edrogan is throwing daily tantrums about kurds having their own state on his border of course the turkish army is a clown show right now so who knows what happens.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

UberJew posted:

in the pre-trump world i'd say if or once ISIS was checked then the US would go back to decrying them all as turkish terrorists but who the gently caress knows what'll happen now

the us backed the kurds in northern iraq before isis mainly because they were the only region in the country that even remotely had their poo poo together. the 'kurds' are actually divided into a bunch of different factions; the PKK are the 'terrorist' ones in Turkish Kurdistan, the YPG are the ones on Rojava (Syrian Kurdistan) and the KDP and PUK run the KRG in Iraqi Kurdistan. There's also a chunk of Kurdistan in western Iran with a primarily Sunni separatist movement; Kurdish separatism is weaker in Iran due to the fact that Kurds and Iranians are much closer linguistically and culturally than Kurds and Arabs/Turks. Not all the Kurdish nationalist movements are leftist and they feud amongst themselves, partially on the basis of underlying tribal politicsl the Barzanis for example dominate the KRG.

the US still officially considers the PKK a terrorist organization, though most of the real terrorist-y stuff is done in the name of a splinter group called TAK, and even then it's more of an insurgency. but US-Turkey relations had been deteriorating for years and the YPG would still be useful post-ISIS as a counterweight to the Assad regime. i'd say trump's victory is a pretty bad sign for the kurds in syria because it puts general flynn in a position of influence over us foreign policy and he's lobbied for turkey in the past. but flynn isn't all powerful and the administration is a complete clusterfuck so who knows. i'd say the biggest question mark is how bannon feels about the kurds; he hates muslims but loves fascism so i can't guess at how he feels about erdogan.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:stare: hamprince with a good post?????

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
bannon loves isis because it's an excuse to do whatever you want and pass Enabling Acts when a terrorist attack happens

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fiction posted:

bannon loves isis because it's an excuse to do whatever you want and pass Enabling Acts when a terrorist attack happens

Conversely, ISIS loves Bannon because he's all but following their instructions on how to be their perfect enemy.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Every one of my posts are objectively good.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Every one of my posts are objectively good.

not even close

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Future Is Shitposts

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm fully expecting a workers revolution by the end of the day!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

its cool when dictators are learned

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Thank you! I'm trying to get learnt in Marxism and the basis for his discipline.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"Where should I learn more about Marxism"

"From the guy who killed more Marxists than hitler,, my dude. my bro"

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

"Thesis, anti-thesis. I'm the guy with the dialectic."

*shoots you with a gun made of materialism*

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

idk, invasion of the Soviet Union has to count for a lot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

You keep what you kill

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

well obviously i listen to the strongest marxist, with the strongest dialectic

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i spent like 5 loving hours on public transport today and this stalin thing was the most boring loving read on earth

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

is there any good single volume book, paper etc for an overview of the transformation problem and related criticisms / rebuttals?

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

Hilario Baldness posted:

Thank you! I'm trying to get learnt in Marxism and the basis for his discipline.

The Brown Menace posted:

i spent like 5 loving hours on public transport today and this stalin thing was the most boring loving read on earth

odobenidae linked this a little while ago and yeah politzer is more accessible. john somerville also has a good book on it, republished as a special issue of Nature, Society & Thought

also the school of thought called "critical realism" has roughly the same content as diamat, but elaborated more on the basis of a critique of positivism. it couches some ideas in terms that i found a bit clearer when i was getting started. Andrew Collier wrote the de facto standard intro book to it, which is pretty engaging and at points even kinda funny iirc

Annual Prophet posted:

is there any good single volume book, paper etc for an overview of the transformation problem and related criticisms / rebuttals?

yes indeed there is, though the shortest answer is "there is no transformation problem in Marx" because it was something interpreters (like Bortkiewicz) introduced by mangling the categories

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Used to be people didn't need to know all the nitty gritty ideological details. People could just trust that you'd deliver peace, land, and bread.