Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Zotix posted:

Mages just don't have enough umph compared to most physical damage dealers. I have a Leo who is just a big liability in a lot of circumstances.

Tharja hits pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fun fact, in order to have a 95% chance of pulling Hector you need something north of 2000 orbs

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I am not sure if they are particularly good characters for this game, but getting these 3 in 1 round of summoning basically means I will never be tempted to spend real life money on this game.

I dont even care if they are great characters or not in the game, they are exactly who I wanted to pull and along with a 5* Roy I got from the previous summoning set, I think I am reasonably well set to go!

FiftySeven fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 7, 2017

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I didn't reroll, my party consists of Subaki, Camilla, Lon'Qu, and Selena, all 4*.

I don't regret not rerolling a bunch even though I didn't get a single 5*, but I am looking at how much it's going to cost to pump from 4 to 5 and it's a bit daunting.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

cheetah7071 posted:

Fun fact, in order to have a 95% chance of pulling Hector you need something north of 2000 orbs

Why is there no smily for whales?

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 7, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

And this is a comparably good gacha too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The median value is a "reasonable" ~525 orbs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Cordelia's art in this game really sucks, especially compared to some of the fantastic unique styles like Arthur and Serra, or even the more traditional anime ones like Lucina and Abel (abel's art is loving amazing)

e: ~4400 feathers. not bad.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Countblanc posted:

Cordelia's art in this game really sucks, especially compared to some of the fantastic unique styles like Arthur and Serra, or even the more traditional anime ones like Lucina and Abel (abel's art is loving amazing)

e: ~4400 feathers. not bad.

i was just thinking that

something is really hosed up with cordelia's face

this is why chrom doesn't love you

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lon's attack face is sorta hosed looking, too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I got 1.2k or so of feathers and considering the fact that I only really did the area twice (as in go in and do six rounds twice) I am quite happy with that score.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

cheetah7071 posted:

The chance for Hector right now is 3% / 38 so of course it's gonna be astronomically hard to get him.
That's, like, just a hair over 0.075%.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Why does one of the Lunatic Missions require you to bring Felicia, who is a gacha unit which I haven't pulled? That's just an extra slice of silly.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Anna is my only green unit so I'll probably promote her

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hunt11 posted:

So any idea when we are going to get a fresh banner?

The 14th at the latest, since that's when the current ones are set to expire. But it could be earlier for all we know because there are plenty of gacha games that have multiple sets of banners running concurrently.

I did what I told myself was going to be my last pull until new banners just now, since I've only got about 30 orbs left to earn from the launch content (chapters 4-9 on Lunatic and the last couple maps on Hard). I was planning on saving more, but I was up to 7.5% 5* rate on the Legendary Heroes banner thanks to striking out a few times so I wanted to give it one last shot. My first four stones were two 4*s and two 3*s (although the silvers were Raven and Lilina, two characters I didn't have yet), so I was getting kinda bummed. But then 5* Lucina popped out of the last red. Was angling for Hector which was why I used the greens first, but I'll take it.

Do people think Luna or Aether is better for her personal skill? She seems pretty fragile so I feel like the shorter charge time on Luna might be more valuable so she can get kills faster.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
So, did the challenge maps that gave me a 1 and 2 star Donnell, then hacha'd a 3 star Donnell. Is there any point to keeping the lower stars around, or can I safely discard them?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

ApplesandOranges posted:

Why does one of the Lunatic Missions require you to bring Felicia, who is a gacha unit which I haven't pulled? That's just an extra slice of silly.
She's in the freebie rotation.

Grozz Nuy posted:

The 14th at the latest, since that's when the current ones are set to expire. But it could be earlier for all we know because there are plenty of gacha games that have multiple sets of banners running concurrently.
Considering we already have two banners right now it's unlikely they'll add yet another one.

warhammer651 posted:

So, did the challenge maps that gave me a 1 and 2 star Donnell, then hacha'd a 3 star Donnell. Is there any point to keeping the lower stars around, or can I safely discard them?

Merging the free Donnels will get you 30 SP and lower his promotion cost to 1850 feathers.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
My second takumi isn't turning out, and it's depressing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kyte posted:

Merging the free Donnels will get you 30 SP and lower his promotion cost to 1850 feathers.

The feather discount is equal to the amount you'd get for just throwing them away though, so unless you really want that SP and will definitely promote Donnel eventually, you're better off just sending them home.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I wondering if it's worth to upgrading my 3* Tiki (Naga's Voice) since now I have enough materials and level for it.

My current team is a 5* Takumi, 5* Lyn, 5* Linde and a 3* Serra.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
e: oh nvm

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Majinfefnir13 posted:

I wondering if it's worth to upgrading my 3* Tiki (Naga's Voice) since now I have enough materials and level for it.

Currently my Team is 5* Takumi, 5* Lyn, 5* Linde and a 3* Serra.

I think the general idea is to upgrade your favorite 3 stars until you're out of ones you want to use, then save up for a 4 star upgrade.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Honestly I was trying to get Lucina in the legendary pool, but I got second Takumi instead lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Based on other gacha games, it's fairly likely that the chaff before the headliners of the banner will stay the same for at least a few months, right?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kyte posted:

Considering we already have two banners right now it's unlikely they'll add yet another one.

There's plenty of gacha games that will have that many or more banners running on slightly offset schedules. I wouldn't expect new banners until the 14th, but there's at least a possibility of it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I've started leveling up alternate units because why not. Turns out Nino is actually pretty decent. Can't kill red sword users for poo poo, for some reason. But she absolutely destroys heavy armors and I appreciate that. Also Able is turning out pretty fun but I suspect that will drop off when he hits 20 or so and fights higher level dudes.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

Anna is my only green unit so I'll probably promote her

Same but for Sharena and Blue, I got 2300 feathers from the arena and I already 3*'d her. She seems to have a lot of utility at 5*, having Fortify DEF and with her weapon giving her Threaten ATK.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The experience in this is completely hosed, I'm barely getting anything from even fights anymore

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Man, why's no one talking about 5* Minerva? She hits like a truck, is fast enough to double almost anything, is tanky as gently caress, and her special ability means she isn't even in that much danger from archers.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Why is there no smily for whales?

:homebrew: or :retrogames:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Are there any tier lists online people are using?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

The experience in this is completely hosed, I'm barely getting anything from even fights anymore

What level is your castle?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

the first thing I did after my second draw was max it out

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

My castle is max rank and my team of level ~30 people can go an entire map without anybody gaining a level. The experience curve is kind of hosed atm once you go past 25 or so

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

My castle is max rank and my team of level ~30 people can go an entire map without anybody gaining a level. The experience curve is kind of hosed atm once you go past 25 or so
yeah my main team is 26-27 right now

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Hooray, after passing on Marth I finally got another good 5-star roll (Tiki) and am ready to play this game finally. Only took 12 rolls into late at night...

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Man, four days late to the party and this thread has blown up.

Judging by the sounds of it, the only fast track to getting Hero Feathers is to do well in the arena (pvp, ewww, even if it's just AI) or summon trash and ship their asses home? Ha, heck, I haven't even gotten far enough for those to matter. Two rerolls in and got a 5* Marth, which is good enough for me. Still need to work on story missions to build up orbs for a second 5-summon.

FiftySeven posted:

I am not sure if they are particularly good characters for this game, but getting these 3 in 1 round of summoning basically means I will never be tempted to spend real life money on this game.

I dont even care if they are great characters or not in the game, they are exactly who I wanted to pull and along with a 5* Roy I got from the previous summoning set, I think I am reasonably well set to go!

I'm kinda running with this mindset. I never played Fire Emblem before Awakening (I suck at strategy and perma-death is a HUGE turn-off), so I'm just doing this to sort out which heroes I like and which games I should try out one day. Also waiting for a decent sale on Fates/Conquest to pick up and play those.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

FeralWraith posted:

Man, four days late to the party and this thread has blown up.

Judging by the sounds of it, the only fast track to getting Hero Feathers is to do well in the arena (pvp, ewww, even if it's just AI) or summon trash and ship their asses home? Ha, heck, I haven't even gotten far enough for those to matter. Two rerolls in and got a 5* Marth, which is good enough for me. Still need to work on story missions to build up orbs for a second 5-summon.

I'm kinda running with this mindset. I never played Fire Emblem before Awakening (I suck at strategy and perma-death is a HUGE turn-off), so I'm just doing this to sort out which heroes I like and which games I should try out one day. Also waiting for a decent sale on Fates/Conquest to pick up and play those.

The arena is more challenging than the story content but not especially hard. Plus, you only use the dueling swords by doing it (no stamina is spent), and they aren't used for anything else anyway. If you get a seven win-streak against the even match teams that's 1500 fethers, plus another 800 for having ranked at all and having your team win at least one defense game. In other words if you just get a 7 win-streak in arena (which is easy if you just do intermediate games), you get enough fethers to boost a guy from 2* to 4* every 3 days, and 5* is a luxury anyway for most heroes that don't get a super fancy prf 5* weapon like Falchion on Marth/Lucina.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Heaven Spacey posted:

The arena is more challenging than the story content but not especially hard. Plus, you only use the dueling swords by doing it (no stamina is spent), and they aren't used for anything else anyway. If you get a seven win-streak against the even match teams that's 1500 fethers, plus another 800 for having ranked at all and having your team win at least one defense game. In other words if you just get a 7 win-streak in arena (which is easy if you just do intermediate games), you get enough fethers to boost a guy from 2* to 4* every 3 days, and 5* is a luxury anyway for most heroes that don't get a super fancy prf 5* weapon like Falchion on Marth/Lucina.

The arena cycle is 7 days, not 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Heaven Spacey posted:

I don't know who you're facing in the arena man, but even weak opponents will usually only take like 5 damage at best from Roy and it takes a concentrated team effort with constant healing to down even one enemy unit. Meanwhile they'll just one shot every single one of my units with ease.