Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Calling a female fighter attractive has netted me my only probation in ten years. I wish saying someone, male or female, wouldn't throw everyone into such a weird nerd uproar.

Fozzy, I'm just going to preemptively say nobody gives a gently caress what you think on the topic.

You got a week and fatherdog swore at you but you just said attractive. Seems fishy.

Anyway it isn't weird nerd uproar. Dudes got kind of gross about Rousey and Nakai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I want them to crush my head in their thighs and stomp on my balls but iirc I've never made weird virgin guy web posts about the need for equal representstion in ring girls.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's weird to try and make ring girls into media personalities imo

i think it's because people feel like exploiters if the ring girls' only job is to be attractive, but, like, that's what they applied for. i can guarantee you that arriany did not fill out the job application and then hesitate in mailing it, thinking to herself "but does it have opportunities for growth?"
it's like getting bent out of shape that a fighter could get brain damage or other permanent injury. it's a primary bullet point of the job and they choose to do it.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

people on line hate miesha tate for a few weird reasons. because of her boyfriend, because she's pretty, because of her several bad fights, and because of ronda rousey. and dead centre in the middle of that venn diagram is this web site and its various maniac sex perverts.

Maniac sex pervert here wondering if miesha tate has too big of tits to punch well.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's weird to try and make ring girls into media personalities imo

It would be easier to remember their names if like the fighters they appeared on their tiny belted shorts

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Maniac sex pervert here wondering if miesha tate has too big of tits to punch well.

Insane pervert freak here: they're a competitive advantage due to her opponents punches deflecting off of them into space

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

queue someone attempting to figure out if the physics of the boobs swinging after initial punch impact acts like a Futae no Kiwami to amplify punching power

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Insane pervert freak here: they're a competitive advantage due to her opponents punches deflecting off of them into space

for real though, getting punched in the tits loving hurts and im honestly always really astonished at miesha's ability to just not react to getting hit there at all. i recall someone teeping her right in the chest and i physically winced.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

for real though, getting punched in the tits loving hurts and im honestly always really astonished at miesha's ability to just not react to getting hit there at all. i recall someone teeping her right in the chest and i physically winced.

Irony is presenting a toilet in an artistic space, forcing the viewer to grapple with both their preconceived notions of space and meaning and authorial intent. It is not using a toilet in your home.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The only time I remember it bothering somebody was Jojo - Letourneau

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

The only time I remember it bothering somebody was Jojo - Letourneau

that one was really brutal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being attractive as a female fighter was a definite thing promoters and fans were looking for early on for WMMA and it's not something that's gone entirely now. It's definitely easing off and WMMA gets praised on its virtues outside of sex appeal a lot more often now but it's pretty much revisionist history if people are going to claim it's never been a thing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

sarakaufmaninlatex.jpg

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Being attractive as a female fighter was a definite thing promoters and fans were looking for early on for WMMA and it's not something that's gone entirely now. It's definitely easing off and WMMA gets praised on its virtues outside of sex appeal a lot more often now but it's pretty much revisionist history if people are going to claim it's never been a thing.

i dont think anyone here is unaware that women's mma basically became a thing because Gina Carano was pretty enough for strikeforce to push and then Rousey was pretty enough and dominant enough to convince people that the women's division was increasing in quality.

im not convinced it's actually unique to women's mma either. GSP drove a hell of a lot of PPV buys, it's just harder to say for certain how much people weigh attractiveness when evaluating men's mma because the men's divisons have been stronger for longer and you can't really isolate particular factors from the numbers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not unique to WMMA. It's just more of a thing.

Supersagenorthcutt.png

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I bet they could display what round it is using technology. Like a jumbotrron, or a computer graphic or like the floppy score things they use in volleyball.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Supersagenorthcutt.png

definitely. i've done no conclusive research but it certainly seems like pretty fighters get pushed harder in the women's division whereas the UFC happily pushed Brock Lesnar who is only described that way in the sentence "pretty hosed up colon".

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Joe Rogan insinuated on air in an official UFC broadcast that Tate vs Rousey 1 was gonna be the "hottest title fight ever," and yet said nothing of the kind at any point when discussing Weidman vs Rockhold. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good looking people do better in everything, not just fighting

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

Joe Rogan insinuated on air in an official UFC broadcast that Tate vs Rousey 1 was gonna be the "hottest title fight ever," and yet said nothing of the kind at any point when discussing Weidman vs Rockhold. That should tell you everything you need to know.

obivously that's because the hottest men's fight ever was machida vs weidman and it had already happened.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bluedeanie posted:

Luke Rockhold is p4p the handsomest man in the organization but Weidman is just eeeeeh

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Irony is presenting a toilet in an artistic space, forcing the viewer to grapple with both their preconceived notions of space and meaning and authorial intent. It is not using a toilet in your home.

lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

i have to admit that his joke sailed right under my hips. please explain?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Supersagenorthcutt.png

But Meisha never went to the movies with Tyron Woodley so Sage probably wins.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

definitely. i've done no conclusive research but it certainly seems like pretty fighters get pushed harder in the women's division whereas the UFC happily pushed Brock Lesnar who is only described that way in the sentence "pretty hosed up colon".

They also tried to push Cyborg in spite of her trying to commit career suicide at every turn, even though she roided herself into the Joker

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

WME hired Nick Diaz's lawyer to be the UFC's new general counsel. The UFC's prior top lawyer did very well in the sale and decided to retire.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

https://twitter.com/streetfighter/status/828713210807062529

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo
I'm too stupid to figure out how to link embed the picture, but here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ChGUWYE

Gzuz-Kriced fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 7, 2017

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Sagat isn't even in SF5.

Or is he :tinfoil:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Im down for black lady sagat

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

you lost, here is your punishment copy of street fighter 5.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i have to admit that his joke sailed right under my hips. please explain?

Dada was an anti art movement where legit famous artists did things like present a toilet as an art exhibition, forcing high-faluting upper class dickheads to either call a toilet art or a famous artist terrible.or they could just be like, 'that's a toilet', but they won't because of the context of the space.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Marching Powder posted:

Dada was an anti art movement where legit famous artists did things like present a toilet as an art exhibition, forcing high-faluting upper class dickheads to either call a toilet art or a famous artist terrible.or they could just be like, 'that's a toilet', but they won't because of the context of the space.

i mean i get the reference to dada (worthless art degree after all :v:), but im apparently slow to day and im not quite connecting it to my post he quoted unless it was just a real nice way of saying "no poo poo it hurts my post was a joke dipshit". which ill gladly wear if that's what it was.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Please stop.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i mean i get the reference to dada (worthless art degree after all :v:), but im apparently slow to day and im not quite connecting it to my post he quoted unless it was just a real nice way of saying "no poo poo it hurts my post was a joke dipshit". which ill gladly wear if that's what it was.

keven is just showing his solidarity with the berkeley rioters during this fascist occupation of the white house the only way he knows how - avant garde posting.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Captain Log posted:

Fozzy, I'm just going to preemptively say nobody gives a gently caress what you think on the topic.

If you have a problem with me, PM me, otherwise don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I hear Temecula is nice this time of year, maybe y'all should meet up there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Thus proving that the road to popularity in mma is paved with needles regardless of gender.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If you have a problem with me, PM me, otherwise don't be an rear end in a top hat.

bear here looking or captain log. thought the best place to find him would be in psp since i know the fucker can't pay his platinum bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Dada 5000 is art

• Locked thread